Season 20 "Did You Notice?" Megathread

Think you've seen a mistake in a show? Post it here!

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Season 20 "Did You Notice?" Megathread

Postby Big-Will » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:10 am

Making new subforums for bloopers after Season 16 is not suck a good idea, and Seasons 17, 18, and 19 have come and gone, so there's only Season 20 right now, and a megathread is called for. Two reasons why:
  1. There are only 10 episodes per season now instead of 14
  2. The bloopers in one episode are relevant to the whole season
To address a blooper in a particular episode, mention the episode in brackets, then the blooper, like this:

[Member Berries] Cartman drew a picture of a vagina with balls on his face and asked if that was right, when in "The List" he and the other boys learned that girls do not, in fact, have balls.
[Fort Collins] Even now, when he for sure knows the truth about vaginas, having seen Heidi's, he imagines buildings on Mars looking like vaginas with balls attached.

So, let's begin.

Member berries are odd things. They've been baked in pies, electrocuted, doused in acid, and burned with a blowtorch, and live on, yet they are easily crushed to death in shirt pockets, alcoholic drinks, and our stomachs.

[Fort Collins] The waiter give Caitlyn a martini, but calls it a gin and tonic.

[Skank Hunt] The walls in Randy's living room and dining room switch between brown and purple

[Wieners Out] As the boys march down the school's hallways with their wieners out, Tweek and Craig trade places.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
zzyzx 2

Re: Season 20 "Did You Notice?" Megathread

Postby zzyzx 2 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:04 am

[Fort Collins] Gerald talks about a screensaver, but show a wallpaper. If a screen saver, the entire screen goes blank accept for the screensaver, which could either be stationary, or move, float, etc. on the screen, and/or could take up the entire screen or a part of the screen.

A wallpaper, on the other hand, fills up most of the page on a cell phone except for the very top, such as cell phone signal strength, a clock, and how much battery power is left. Look at Gerald's "screensaver" and you will see it's really a wallpaper, as the cell phone signal indicator is clearly shown in the upper left, the clock (or time display) is dead centered, and the battery indicator is on the right - clearly a wallpaper, and NOT a screensaver:

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:24 pm

Even "wallpaper" is out of fashion. These days it's...

wallpaper => home screen
screensaver => lock screen

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
LWBMatt

Postby LWBMatt » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:52 am

[Oh Jeez] 'memba Garrison's parents?
fluffymystic.deviantart.com - my deviantART
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:14 am

The member berries are all over the place.

In the first half of the season they're chatty, but they don't drive cars or threaten their fellow berries. They're easily eaten and squished. They lull people into a state of nostalgia, but that's it.

Then they become mobile, escape in a car, maim and gag one of their own, toss him off a shelf into a drink. Otherwise they become indestructible. Flame, acid, and electricity have little to no effect on them.

Now member berry juice puts people under its spell in a much stronger way than the berries did in the first half of the season.

What is going on???

bryanedwards441

Postby bryanedwards441 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:26 am

In the first episode "Member Berries", the Member Berries started to say racist/homophobic things. But every episode after that they just went back to saying references, don't know what's up with that?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:46 am

[Member Berries] Vladimir Putin looks the same as he did in "Free Willzy-x" 11 years ago, while Bill, Hillary, and other government officials have been updated over the years

SkankusHuntimusXLII

Postby SkankusHuntimusXLII » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:47 pm

Big-Will wrote:[Member Berries] Vladimir Putin looks the same as he did in "Free Willzy-x" 11 years ago, while Bill, Hillary, and other government officials have been updated over the years
Putins apperance hasn't changed much in real life in comparison to Bill and Hillary. Unlike with Bill and Hillary I can't see any signifigant changes to Putins apperance between in the year 2000 and 2016. In fact I can barely tell the difference. If you on the other hand look at Bill for example, ohh boy... he changed!
If my spelling/grammar/overall writing sucked. I'm sorry but english is not my native language.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:48 pm

The east coast premier of Oh, Jeez included an uncensored fuck at the end of Mr. Garrison's victory speech. I guess something fell through the cracks in the rush to get the changes made in time for air.

You read it! You can't unread it!
SkankusHuntimusXLII

Postby SkankusHuntimusXLII » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:12 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:The east coast premier of Oh, Jeez included an uncensored fuck at the end of Mr. Garrison's victory speech. I guess something fell through the cracks in the rush to get the changes made in time for air.
They still censor swear words on television in the USA?
If my spelling/grammar/overall writing sucked. I'm sorry but english is not my native language.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:46 pm

Yes. Not as much as they used to, but yes.

SkankusHuntimusXLII

Postby SkankusHuntimusXLII » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:38 am

Big-Will wrote:Yes. Not as much as they used to, but yes.
Given it's a show not meant for kids why would they censor it? If someone says ''f*ck'' and theres a bleep you do still understand that he said f*ck. So I don't see the point of the bleep. Do they put black boxes in the weiner's out scenes aswell? The Swedish Comedy Central doesn't censor anything I tought it would be the same in America. Also the episodes available for free on this website aren't censored as far as I know.

But I do have to admit that the bleep does add some impact on the swearwords. It sort of makes it more funny and you sort of take it more seriously when it's bleeped.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:53 am

SkankusHuntimusXLII wrote:Do they put black boxes in the weiner's out scenes aswell?
No, we get full pickle over here.

The episodes are available uncensored online the day after air.

You read it! You can't unread it!
SkankusHuntimusXLII

Postby SkankusHuntimusXLII » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:49 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:
SkankusHuntimusXLII wrote:Do they put black boxes in the weiner's out scenes aswell?
The episodes are available uncensored online the day after air.
Only in america unfortionaly as far as I know :/ The american version of this website is blocked and it takes me to the swedish counter part wich only has up to season 19.
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:38 am

The member berries are all over the place.

In the first half of the season they're chatty, but they don't drive cars or threaten their fellow berries. They're easily eaten and squished. They lull people into a state of nostalgia, but that's it.

Then they become mobile, escape in a car, maim and gag one of their own, toss him off a shelf into a drink. Otherwise they become indestructible. Flame, acid, and electricity have little to no effect on them.

Now member berry juice puts people under its spell in a much stronger way than the berries did in the first half of the season.

What is going on???
I think the Member Berry juice branwashing people was just Trey trying to write his way out of the outcome of the election. Garrison had already been set up as not wanting to win after all. It seemed logical he should immediately resign or refuse to serve.

The indestructibility thing is a colossal oversight though in comparison to the ones we see squished and later shot. I think another excuse could've sufficed - maybe, tying back to the jucie, the juice is more dangerous than the berries themselves! Or maybe they multiply more easily.
[Member Berries] Vladimir Putin looks the same as he did in "Free Willzy-x" 11 years ago, while Bill, Hillary, and other government officials have been updated over the years
I think the aides have appeared alongside him before, too. They could have probably lightened his hair color or dulled the lines as they often do, or changed the suit. I actually prefer the consistency versus the aging they've applied to some of the other characters, although Bill looks a lot better now than he did back in "Sexual Healing"... still, I remember hoping before S14 they'd let him keep looking like he had way back then. He'd aged but that first design change didn't really reflect that to me. The new one definitely looks older! If you look in "Fort Collins" though, the photo on her desk has S20 Hillary and S14 Bill together in front of the White House.

It's especially weird since Hillary looked the same last season, and yet, the voice shifted around from and back to Mona Marshall.

Return to “Did You Notice?”