"Hey, can you tell me how to get to Breckenridge?"

General Discussion on Matt and Trey's films from Orgazmo to That's Allright Ma Ma!

Moderator: Big-Will

MischaArielle

"Hey, can you tell me how to get to Breckenridge?"

Postby MischaArielle » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:39 pm

...has anyone else noticed that often when there's someone driving through South Park and they stop to ask for directions or whatever, they're trying to get to Breckenridge?

Breckenridge is where they were going in Cannibal! The Musical!!

I've seen this at least twice! The first time I noticed recently (but i can't for the life of me remember which episode) where a man stopped to ask for directions to Breckenridge.
And then it happened today when I was watching "The Wacky Molestation Adventure" which I think is episode 4.16 where a couple was having car trouble and stopped in the Parent-less town of "Smiley Town" (South Park). The man mentions in the episode that he has a job interview in Breckenridge in the morning.

Can anyone else find any other examples!?!?!??!
Yeahhhh I'd have to say that today is definitely a Shpadoinkley day.
Oop.Yarrz

Re: "Hey, can you tell me how to get to Breckenridge?"

Postby Oop.Yarrz » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:52 pm

its a reference to children of the corn the movie take place in Colorado outside of Colorado springs and a guy and his wife coming from the east stop and ask for directions to Breckenridge for his new job then their car needs repairs or something then they realize the town is a cult of satanic children and get killed or something it's a cheesy 80s horror flick, but its a running joke in south park as well
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:45 pm

MischaArielle wrote:Breckenridge is where they were going in Cannibal! The Musical!!

Well, sure, but that's where Alferd Packer and his party were actually going when they got stranded in the mountains. And Breckenridge is still a major tourist and ski bum destination in Colorado.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:42 pm

MischaArielle wrote:...has anyone else noticed that often when there's someone driving through South Park and they stop to ask for directions or whatever, they're trying to get to Breckenridge?

Breckenridge is where they were going in Cannibal! The Musical!!

I've seen this at least twice! The first time I noticed recently (but i can't for the life of me remember which episode) where a man stopped to ask for directions to Breckenridge.
And then it happened today when I was watching "The Wacky Molestation Adventure" which I think is episode 4.16 where a couple was having car trouble and stopped in the Parent-less town of "Smiley Town" (South Park). The man mentions in the episode that he has a job interview in Breckenridge in the morning.

Can anyone else find any other examples!?!?!??!

There are two episodes where Breckenridge is mentioned:

The Wackey Molestation Adventure
Child Abduction Is Not Funny

Neither of them has a Cannibal! reference.

Butters' Very Own Episode has a Cannibal! reference, but Butters was trying to head back to town.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Return to “Films”