Book of Mormon Coming To The Movies

General Discussion on Matt and Trey's films from Orgazmo to That's Allright Ma Ma!

Moderator: Big-Will

CartmansWhore

Book of Mormon Coming To The Movies

Postby CartmansWhore » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:13 am

Wrote about this on my site and thought I'd share it with you all.

The "Book of Mormon" will be coming to a movie theater near you. However, there's still no word on who will star in the film or when it'll be released.

'Mormon' will launch a national tour next August and conclude September 2nd; it'll also make its debut at Chicago Broadway.

This edgy play is about "a pair of earnest Mormons on a mission in northern Uganda. The play manages to skewer the Church of Latter-Day Saints (and everything else in its path) with heaps of politically incorrect and R-rated lyrics while still being somehow respectful and sweet."

Written by the dynamic duo behind "South Park", Trey Parker and Matt Stone along with "Avenue Q's" Robert Lopez, the musical won a total of 9 Tony Awards this past June.

(http://main.nimrodstreet.com/book-mormo ... the-movies)
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Flavis

Re: Book of Mormon Coming To The Movies

Postby Flavis » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:09 am

CartmansWhore wrote:Wrote about this on my site and thought I'd share it with you all.

The "Book of Mormon" will be coming to a movie theater near you. However, there's still no word on who will star in the film or when it'll be released.

'Mormon' will launch a national tour next August and conclude September 2nd; it'll also make its debut at Chicago Broadway.

This edgy play is about "a pair of earnest Mormons on a mission in northern Uganda. The play manages to skewer the Church of Latter-Day Saints (and everything else in its path) with heaps of politically incorrect and R-rated lyrics while still being somehow respectful and sweet."

Written by the dynamic duo behind "South Park", Trey Parker and Matt Stone along with "Avenue Q's" Robert Lopez, the musical won a total of 9 Tony Awards this past June.

(http://main.nimrodstreet.com/book-mormo ... the-movies)

Ooooh I can't wait for that, I just can't wait...

/Flavis jumps around while pinching his nipples with ecstasy and glee

I've been wanting to see this play for a long time but just couldn't find the time to make the 6 hour drive up to New York. I'm glad it will be coming to the big screen, everything those guys do is good. God bless those souls, god bless'em and god love'em. :-)
ChocoEClaire

Postby ChocoEClaire » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:53 pm

Oooh, sounds awesome! I'm barely too young to drive, so it's not like I could drive God knows how many hours to NYC and hope to get a ticket, and I don't want to wait a few years until it comes to St. Louis. :D
._____.
|_____|
() o_o ()
...|__|----> this is Kyle

98% of teens have one of these 98% statistics in their signatures, copy and paste if you're in the 2% that doesn't...hey, wait a minute...
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:55 pm

Cool! I was kinda hoping they'd do that!
Lvia

Postby Lvia » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:36 am

EXCELLENT!!! I absolutely cannot wait.
elactor2012

Postby elactor2012 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:51 pm

Awesome! I wish they keep the original cast, but I hardly doubt it will happen. But eh, I can't complain, meanwhile I can see it in the big screen everything will be spectacular.
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:27 pm

This is overwhelmingly good news.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
joedanger

Postby joedanger » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:38 pm

So I wonder - when the film version of The Book Of Mormon is nominated for several Academy Awards (because you know it will be), will Trey & Matt still be up for attending the Oscars in drag while tripping their brains out?

Cojones like coconuts, those guys.

:cartmanlaugh:
You know - I've learned something today.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:39 pm

joedanger wrote:So I wonder - when the film version of The Book Of Mormon is nominated for several Academy Awards (because you know it will be), will Trey & Matt still be up for attending the Oscars in drag while tripping their brains out?

Only one way to find out... :lol:
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:37 pm

joedanger wrote:

Oi!
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:35 pm

Nonono, cojones like basketballs!
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Getinntrouble

Postby Getinntrouble » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:32 pm

I hope its going to be in cartoon version... That would be Brilliant
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:40 pm

Getinntrouble wrote:I hope its going to be in cartoon version... That would be Brilliant

Animation would be a bit more expensive, I think. No, I'd say they'll keep it live-action. The choreography for some of the songs will be "easier" that way.

Return to “Films”