The South Park Studios Forums are deemed unsafe!

Think you've seen a bug on the site? Post it here and we'll do our damndest to squash it!
angeldeb82

The South Park Studios Forums are deemed unsafe!

Postby angeldeb82 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:10 pm

I noticed that your South Park Studios Forums were fine until yesterday, when my anti-virus detected this website as "suspect". And now today, my antivirus has deemed your website unsafe because of impending viruses and trojans! You need to hurry and clean this website of all viruses and trojans, or otherwise I'm done. :(
Still the same as it ever was.
JamesPup

Re: The South Park Studios Forums are deemed unsafe!

Postby JamesPup » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:23 pm

I use web root anti virus and have had no trouble. What anti virus software do you use?
What seems to be the officer problem?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:11 pm

angeldeb82 wrote:I noticed that your South Park Studios Forums were fine until yesterday, when my anti-virus detected this website as "suspect". And now today, my antivirus has deemed your website unsafe because of impending viruses and trojans! You need to hurry and clean this website of all viruses and trojans, or otherwise I'm done. :(
Looks like your browser has been hijacked, and not from here, as James and I have had no problems with the site.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:08 pm

JamesPup wrote:I use web root anti virus and have had no trouble. What anti virus software do you use?
I use Comcast Norton Security Suite. But now, today, this website appears to be safe again. Let's hope it stays that way. :cartmansmile:
Still the same as it ever was.
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:02 pm

Big-Will wrote:
angeldeb82 wrote:I noticed that your South Park Studios Forums were fine until yesterday, when my anti-virus detected this website as "suspect". And now today, my antivirus has deemed your website unsafe because of impending viruses and trojans! You need to hurry and clean this website of all viruses and trojans, or otherwise I'm done. :(
Looks like your browser has been hijacked, and not from here, as James and I have had no problems with the site.
Add me to the list as having no problems with the site.

While viruses are rare on Mac OS, they are possible. I use ESET's Cyber Security. In my experience, ESET is one of the best anti-virus software programs available. It is lightweight, meaning that is uses as little resources of your computer as possible, and it's been years since they failed to detect a virus in the wild - that is, even new viruses, or virus-like behavior is stopped by ESET's anti-virus.

For Windows, their product is called: NOD 32. Give it a try!
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:40 am

I am seeing it now. I see an 'Unsafe content' warning in my browser when I go to the South Park Studios homepage. It says I can click to view all info but they are blocking some as it may have a virus or something and my info may be stolen. "jvep76.oa3ri8.top" may be the program causing the trouble.
What seems to be the officer problem?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:15 am

I see some FB fans are seeing it as well when coming here. Not much out there on what it could be.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:36 am

AVG warned me about it when I logged in earlier. Saved my ass though.
OFFICIAL WIKI MODERATOR :D
My Fanfics | My Fanart | My Wiki Talk Page | My Inbox
Favorite Characters: Kenny and family, Stan, Wendy, Kevin Stoley, Mephestos, Tweek, Pip (RIP)
Favorite Episode: "The List" (s11e14)
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:11 am

So I was browsing the forums, and I noticed a brief notification appear on my screen from my anti-virus software. I looked in the anti-virus' log. It appears that a threat was detected, but neutralized by the anti-virus software just as quick as it was found!

From ESET Cyber Security Anti-Virus' log:

9/22/16, 1:38:37
AM HTTP filter
file http: // www . slgroup.com < ---- I added spaces here so that a link would not be produced; see below
JS/Redirector.NAV trojan
connection terminated
zzyzx 2
0VQ294KU3F7E868BDF9D1F4827FB85246KD51E50

A screen shot from the software:

The reason that I disabled the link of slgroup . com is because of this: If I click on that link, here is a screen shot of what I get through my ESET software:

Return to “Site Bugs”