Cannot change password

Think you've seen a bug on the site? Post it here and we'll do our damndest to squash it!
Terra854

Cannot change password

Postby Terra854 » Tue May 09, 2017 11:43 am

I can't seem to change my password. I keep getting error 500 whenever I try to change my password.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Cannot change password

Postby Big-Will » Tue May 09, 2017 6:09 pm

This means something is wrong with the server. I don't know when that will be fixed.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Wed May 10, 2017 2:52 am

When is the last time that it worked? In my case, years ago, it accepted the pw change, but the pw link was never emailed to me. Which is why zzyzx became zzyzx 1 and currently zzyzx 2 for these past few years. No way am I touching the email/pw link system again on this site unless I'm told that it works. Even then, I'm so used to "zzyzx 2" at this point that I would not like to suddenly become "zzyzx 3" :mrgreen:

EDIT:

I see I became "zzyzx 2" on Sunday, January 06, 2013. So I have been zzyzx 2 for almost 4 ½ years now. And in all this time I have never tried to change anything on this account because as I said, I would not like to become zzyzx 3.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed May 10, 2017 6:41 am

Last time I changed my password was two months ago, when I couldn't connect via Facebook anymore. I requested a new password, I got it through GMail (I forgot I used my GMail addy long ago). I kept what the Studios sent me and didn't change it to one I could think of, and it's still working.

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
HellDuke

Postby HellDuke » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:22 am

Yep, still doesn't work. You can't even reset the password. I did a password reset and it just keeps logging me in with the old one anyway
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:38 am

Since you can still log in with your current password, go to your profile, click on Settings, and change your password on the first page you see. Write it down and make sure the right email is listed, then save changes. You'll get an email from the site giving you a link to click on to verify your new password.

Alternately, log out and try logging in with a fake password, then click on "forgot your password?" to get a temporary password from this site. Click on the link for the temp pass and put in your new password there.

Return to “Site Bugs”