Old SP reunion members

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

RacheyraE

Re: Old SP reunion members

Postby RacheyraE » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:35 pm

KennyStanWendyFan wrote:This year marks so many tenth anniversaries for me. Besides the tenth anniversary of joining SPS and meeting several important people in my life, including Ashley, it's also the tenth anniversary of my high school graduation and my admission into the university that I now teach at. Seriously, where did all that time go?

Ten years goes by quickly when you spend all your time chatting online, watching cartoons, and making naughty jokes. Just sayin'. ;)
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:51 pm

Rae is a walking joke.

A naughty one, I mean.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:33 pm

Ho Lee Fook. Errbody's coming out of the woodwork today! How y'all durrin?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:49 am

RacheyraE wrote:Casually joining this thread because all my friends are doing it and I want to be cool too.

It'll be ten years in December since I've joined SPS... am I considered an old member yet? :wink:

Positively ancient. ;) Welcome back.
The South Park Scriptorium

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:34 am

Ten years for me this Thursday!

Sheesh, after reading Will's post, I feel like I'm ready for the Segway...do they still make those?

:lol:
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:39 pm

Hoveround. *hoverouououndoundoundound* lol.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:50 pm

Here we go, for the occasion:
http://angusmctavish.deviantart.com/art ... -438482007

Thanks to everyone here, past and present.
LennyFromGtG

Postby LennyFromGtG » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:31 pm

Since we're talking reunion...

I'm Lenny from the old Beef-cake Board and then GoTimmyGo. I recently got into South Park once again due to the new RPG that just came out.

I DOUBT anyone here remembers me. I go back 14 years :P
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:39 pm

Happy anniversary! slowpoke.jpg
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:28 pm

LennyFromGtG wrote:Since we're talking reunion...

I'm Lenny from the old Beef-cake Board and then GoTimmyGo. I recently got into South Park once again due to the new RPG that just came out.

I DOUBT anyone here remembers me. I go back 14 years :P

Hey dude. 8)
The South Park Scriptorium

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:41 pm

I've got to say, The Stick of Truth is easily the best South Park production since Bigger, Longer & Uncut, possibly even the best ever. It's pretty much neck-and-neck for me.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:22 am

I never stopped to think about how long it had been since I joined this board. I recall having an account here a year before my current one, but don't remember using it.

So while some people are probably flaunting their seniority in a narcissistic bid for recognition, all I can focus on is how devastating it will be for me and other longtime fans when the show reaches its end because of how long it's been. Being a loyal viewer since the first day, I'm outspoken about my opinions on the changing directions the show has taken, simultaneously alienating longtime viewers and attracting new ones. Nevertheless, despite such changes, it's still better than anything on television. These little fuckers came into my living room when I was in fifth grade. Now I'm on my second college degree (and four years behind schedule, at that).

I've met great people on here, and elsewhere, as a result of our mutual interest in South Park. As a result, it's altered the course of my life in ways you wouldn't think a television show can. The way the show makes me feel is equally, if not more important, than the content of each episode. Knowing there are more episodes to come, jokes to be made, and characters to be developed, is a great feeling I wish I didn't have to surrender. And while there's a possibility the show's contract will be renewed after the end of 2016 (and we can only hope for this), it will be that much harder on me when the show finally does end. It's too hard to look back on something that's been a substantial part of your life for almost two-thirds of your existence and tell yourself it's no more.

I'd jump at the opportunity to visit the studios, or to meet Matt and Trey, just to talk to them for like 5 minutes. Unfortunately, it hardly matters to anyone whether you're a diehard fan since day one or an obnoxious preteen fangirl.

After so many contract renewals, I was sure the show would outlast me, considering my health issues, so I never gave it much thought. All I can do is make the most out of knowing there's more South Park to be had, because I know I'll look back on it one day and wish I were here again.

I guess I'm just weird.
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:22 am

Niels0827 wrote:
So while some people are probably flaunting their seniority in a narcissistic bid for recognition

It's in my signature.
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:36 pm

Niels0827 wrote:I've met great people on here, and elsewhere, as a result of our mutual interest in South Park. As a result, it's altered the course of my life in ways you wouldn't think a television show can. The way the show makes me feel is equally, if not more important, than the content of each episode. Knowing there are more episodes to come, jokes to be made, and characters to be developed, is a great feeling I wish I didn't have to surrender. And while there's a possibility the show's contract will be renewed after the end of 2016 (and we can only hope for this), it will be that much harder on me when the show finally does end. It's too hard to look back on something that's been a substantial part of your life for almost two-thirds of your existence and tell yourself it's no more.

I'd jump at the opportunity to visit the studios, or to meet Matt and Trey, just to talk to them for like 5 minutes.

I agree with pretty much all of that. I had been losing interest in South Park by the time You're Getting Old first aired back in 2011, and yet when it aired, and everyone began thinking that South Park was going to end (it didn't help that the show was on the final year of its contract, which hadn't been renewed just yet), I got really depressed, as I know many others did as well. Like you said, South Park has been more than just a show in my life. It's been a major part of my life, and in many ways it has been a central pillar in my social life of the past ten years.

But yeah, not to flaunt my (non-existent) superiority since I don't think I'm any better than someone who joined this forum within the past month, let alone the past decade, but I just find it incredible that it's been almost ten whole years since I joined this forum. My life has changed a lot in those ten years, sometimes for better and sometimes for worse (mostly for better though). This was where a lot of major events in my life began, where I met a lot of important people in my life. It's funny because back in those days, we all thought South Park would end with Season 10. The show now has more than double the episodes that it did back then.

No matter how much I may try to move on to other shows, no other show has ever had as much meaning in my life as South Park. I think it will always be my true favorite show, even if I occasionally declare another show to be better.
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:48 pm

Eh, I don't tend to be nearly as fanatical about the show as I was back when I joined here. Great times were had though and I'm glad I got to know many of the people I met here even if we don't have much contact anymore.

Though my interest in SP has definitely been gaining since I've been playing SOT pretty obsessively for the last few days. It does have Tweek after all...

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”