Star Wars

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

triplemultiplex

Re: Star Wars

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:50 am

Oh sh*t, The Last Jedi is like next week.
Everyone queue up your training montage music. ;) :lol:

(Because obviously part of the movie will be Luke teaching Rey some Jedi sh*t.)

You read it! You can't unread it!
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:02 am

I hope Luke is evil! :D Real shit!
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:08 pm

Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi

I thought it was okay.

But boy, do I feel betrayed by those trailers. They led me to believe that this was going to be more psychological and ethereal take on the nature of the Jedi and the Force. And while there was some of that in this movie, it feels like Rian Johnson was being nipped in the butt Disney and Lucasfilm, because there are moments where the film is creative and exploring new territory and others where they go "come back".
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:36 am

Anyone else thirsty?

Seriously, what the fuck was that? I get it, Luke is totally off the grid now, but goddamn!!

EsmagaSapos

Postby EsmagaSapos » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:21 pm

I don't like Star Wars. For me is just an American bullsh*t movie to satisfy the American's schizophrenia about space.

JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:01 am

I finally saw Star Wars: The Last Jedi…

I am so pissed off that Snoke died. My favorite parts were of Snoke and DJ though.

It did feel weird watching the movie with Carrie Fisher dead in real life.

I hope Snoke will be back for the next movie but I am thinking that will not happen. I kind of knew that there couldn’t be three Siths, so either Snoke or Kylo Ren would have to die.

Luke dying was kind of cool. I did think of him disappearing like Ben Kenobi. Still Luke did not that much but project himself onto the battlefield as a distraction. Snoke didn’t do much but his scenes in his lair were some of the best footage in the film and they f*cked up by not having some more of it and for not allowing Snoke to do more, like fight. How did Snoke die? He said he controlled both Rey's and Ren's mind but they or one of them was able to fool him into not seeing the future and Ren killed him. Kylo Ren was suppose to be a weak fighter and weak at mind tricks but he fools Snoke? I was really hoping to see Snoke do some cool sh*t.

I’m on the team now wanting Snoke back, I’m not sure who that puts me with but I hope he can return.

So it seems an other slave boy was seen in this movie at the end of it who had force powers. I wonder if he will be used at all in the next movie?

A problem is that now Kylo Ren is the master and he needs an apprentice. So this leaves Rey to be the apprentice or will Ren realize he should find someone else? Rey will want an apprentice, there is Leia but Carrie died so I’m not sure. I think Leia may help Rey somehow in old footage but she will have to die, right? I wonder if that slave boy will be the new apprentice of Rey's?

One thing common in Star Wars is a Sith master never really tries at all to meet and spend time with the person they are going to have as their new apprentice. I mean we know the Sith apprentice always tries to recruit a Jedi but the Sith master just chills out. So now that Ren is the master who will he pick? Like before Sidious just chilled and people put him with Anakin so Sidious was like okay cool I'll have you be my new apprentice. Also Snoke was invited all the time to chill out by Luke to be with the new jedi's and that is how Snoke picked Kylo Ren. So its like Kylo Ren will get invited into the Rebels side by Rey or Leia and Kylo Ren will then be able to guide Rey’s apprentice or one of them, into joining him.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:35 am

triplemultiplex wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:36 am
Anyone else thirsty?

Seriously, what the fuck was that? I get it, Luke is totally off the grid now, but goddamn!!
That scene was cool. It totally caught me off guard and gave me something new and weird that made me feel like the Star Wars universe was interesting. I would drink that things milk and eat it too.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:07 am

^^^
I don't think anything in Star Wars will ever be as funny as the space manatee milking if there are 100 more movies.

Why? Because it's meta.

In this scene, Luke is the audience and the space manatee is Disney. You will chug what we put out.

GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:25 am

Haven't seen Episode VIII yet so...no spoilers, please?
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Thu May 31, 2018 12:08 pm

I take it no one has seen Solo?
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Thu May 31, 2018 11:52 pm

I'm not even sure if I want to see Solo. It looks good but I don't feel up to it rate now. I am in love with the Avengers Infinity Wars movie the most. I saw Deadpool 2 once and I think that will be it for that movie. It was real funny. Actually I went to the Double Playing where the first Deadpool movie was played and then after that the new second movie was aired. I loved it but I feel I have enough Deadpool rate now for me. I really want more Thanos. The movie had so much of him, I just need more. I've seen Infinity Wars three times. I think I will have to see the Solo movie one of these days but I think I'll hold out for now.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”