Sad news for Toys R Us fans...

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

angeldeb82

Sad news for Toys R Us fans...

Postby angeldeb82 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:55 pm

Toys R Us is filing for liquidation, likely spelling its end in the U.S. I'm gonna miss Toys R Us, that's for sure! :cartmansad:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/bu ... 427129002/
Still the same as it ever was.
JamesPolo

Re: Sad news for Toys R Us fans...

Postby JamesPolo » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:59 am

I remember when I had read of them having issues with this real big dangerous loan they took in the last year or so. I was expecting this and of course with Amazon putting everyone down, this only makes sense. I know for angeldeb82 and I we grew up where if there was a place to buy a toy, it was Toys R Us. I will miss them. I can't even remember the last time I was in one and bought something. I know when that NES mini came out I drove to one that was suppose to have one but it had sold out. I will add what seems slightly possible that an episode plot is right here.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:33 am

RIP, World's Biggest Toy Store. Last time i bought something there was last August for my great-niece.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:40 pm

I remember not being impressed by Toys R Us as child. They didn't have the selection of toys I wanted. I wanted like Matchbox cars that actually looked like the cars, trucks and machines out there on the road, all at about the same scale so they would look right next to each other. I didn't want these big dumb plastic 'cars' with like stupid faces on them and junk.

And Legos; this was the start of them making Lego sets that were movie tie-ins and I had no interest in that. I wanted either construction-themed or infrastructure-themed Legos. (I wish I had a picture of the asphalt paving machine I cobbled together out of various parts from other sets when I was 11 or 12.) Toys R Us always seemed to have more of the former than the latter. I tell you what I really wanted was some sort of like truck crane I could use when I was assembling other Lego sets and pretend the crane was lifting each brick into place to build whatever. For me, that would've been the cat's ass! But I guess that one is more on Lego than it is on Toys R Us.

You read it! You can't unread it!
thisnameisracist

Postby thisnameisracist » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:18 pm

Toys R Us is a sh*tty company and i'm glad it went bankrupt.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”