Are you anti-American?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

gtaca2005

Are you anti-American?

Postby gtaca2005 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:37 am

After viewing all the videos on youtube to deal with the US, I have come to realize that MANY people hate the US. So, I ask my self, why? They say we have no culture, we are evil, and that the world would be better off without us. Now here is the facts. America has won more Nobel Prizes and has developed more medical advancements than any country on Earth. I'm I bragging? No, absolutely not, I am just showing that this cannot be "evil". So why do people hate us after we invented electricity, air planes, light bulbs the modern computer, and in fact many things we would be without have not the Americans been there. Another example is the Internet. The very site that these people post their negative comments about America on, is itself American, YouTube. We ended WWII (although a HUGE loss of life, the numbers could have been greater, if that bomb didn't stop the war.), and took in the refugees of the holocaust. And were evil? Our women are free, they can learn and go to school just like males, and we have these people saying that it is to Allah's liking that women cover up and suffer? Well I could say a lot more, but I'll these this to you guys to comment on.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Thunderhorse

Postby Thunderhorse » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:58 am

I hear you!
I'm sick of everyone saying we're bad and the like. If you dislike us that much, then stop coming here! What'd we ever do? I understand making fun of us a little because of our president, but ours is the country of dreams! It's horrible how over in some places women are degraded as they are. I know we could improve in a few areas, but we are not anywhere near as bad to have most of the world against us. It blows my mind how much most of the world despises us after how much good we've done.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:04 am

Exactly my point. :P
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:52 am

Well, not everyone outside of America hates Americans. I know people from this board and from my horror related boards who live in England and Germany, and other countries and I have never heard any antiAmerican sh*t from them..Same with the Japanese exchange students I was friends with in college, infact the one of them who was one of my best friends really loved American pop culture.

And, yes, you are right to bring up the example of the internet..You find haters of all kinds on the internet. Not only can you meet people here you would have never met offline, but you don't have to let them get to know anything about the real you if you don't want. People who want to be negative and who get off on saying rude things to other people can indulge that habit as much as they want on the internet, and usually the consequence is only getting banned..Yes, you see this on Youtube alot, especially on music videos, and some people on there, now that I think about it do bring the whole anti American hatred into an arguement about music. Which makes it obvious they came to start sh*t, because why else would someone go seek out a video for an artist they hate?I think it is a case of them just wanting to be assh*les and pick a fight. If they weren't starting with the anti American flaming, they would have started sh*t about something else.
Jamesp_76

Postby Jamesp_76 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:57 am

NO not at all i live in england and i love america new york is a great place with breath taking veiws when i went last year i really enjoyed myself the locals where friendly and there was evan a half naked busker dressed in a cowboy hat. I am going new york again next november can`t wait.
Craig-and-Clyde

Postby Craig-and-Clyde » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:44 am

Well I live in America and I think we are pretty cool. I spent a lot of time abroad while I was in college and I never really found any ant-american sentiment. Mostly I heard that people love Americans but hate the American government, especially foreign policy. I don't blame them, I hate american foreign policy too.
I don't think i'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams. And then I always get woken up in the morning by the sound of my own screams. Do you think i'm unhappy?
tweekedkenny

Postby tweekedkenny » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:04 am

A lot of people don't like America becouse of our arrogance, but that's pretty much the hellhole where I live, the North East. And Bush doesn't help.
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:04 pm

f*ck anyone who hates America! And you know what? I'm sick of hearing these arrogant conversatives say that because I don't support the current administration's motives or tactics or political correctness or hypocratic spiritualism, that I'm not a patriot and that I hate America. If that was so, I would've left this country long ago when I had the chance.

I don't hate my country, I hate the people in it.
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
Thunderhorse

Postby Thunderhorse » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:52 pm

That's why I said most of the world. There are a few places that still like us, like England. But the majority holds nothing but spite for us.

Anyone remeber that Korean video from a while back, "Fu(king USA"? That was stupid enough to be pretty funny!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:16 pm

marvel_freak_42 wrote:I don't hate my country, I hate the people in it.

By "people," you mean...?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:19 pm

Well, I do live here. So I'd have to give that a big fat NO.
That-Is-Bull

Postby That-Is-Bull » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:27 pm

I don't think most people hate America. They just hate our current president, for good reason, and stereotype us as if the majority of the country voted for him.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:35 pm

Well, if you are judging how many people outside the US hate America by what you see on Youtube, of course you are going to see alot of assh*les bashing people who live in America. Youtube seems to attract some pretty rude people.
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:36 pm

Big-Will wrote:
marvel_freak_42 wrote:I don't hate my country, I hate the people in it.

By "people," you mean...?

I mean the materialistic, tabloid-hungry, celebrity-worshipping, Emmy-watching idiots who'd rather hear about the Anna Nicole Smith fiasco and Britney shaving her head than important sh*t like continued genocide in Africa and Asia and the Middle East. If that's what Americans really want to hear about, then I can see why the rest of the world's opinions of us are that bad.
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:39 pm

I'd say America's good attributes still outweigh the bad sh*t we get ourselves into. We've always had the ability (if not always the will) change ourselves and as long as we can still do that, this place will be fine, just fine.

And besides, without America, who would all those anti-American people out there bitch at?

You read it! You can't unread it!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”