Are you anti-American?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:03 pm

marvel_freak_42 wrote:I mean the materialistic, tabloid-hungry, celebrity-worshipping, Emmy-watching idiots who'd rather hear about the Anna Nicole Smith fiasco and Britney shaving her head than important sh*t like continued genocide in Africa and Asia and the Middle East. If that's what Americans really want to hear about, then I can see why the rest of the world's opinions of us are that bad.

Then you'll just have to git out!

Kyle: Do you really think your civilization is better than ours?! You people play games by killing animals, and oppress women!
Boy in Blue Vest: It's better than a civilization that spends its time watching millionaires walk down the red carpet at the Emmys!
Stan: ...He's got us there, dude.

News is called news because its stories are new, fresh, and fade away quick. Long wars and things that don't end right away are old and thus not worth airing in the news.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:22 pm

Big-Will wrote:
marvel_freak_42 wrote:I mean the materialistic, tabloid-hungry, celebrity-worshipping, Emmy-watching idiots who'd rather hear about the Anna Nicole Smith fiasco and Britney shaving her head than important sh*t like continued genocide in Africa and Asia and the Middle East. If that's what Americans really want to hear about, then I can see why the rest of the world's opinions of us are that bad.

Kyle: Do you really think your civilization is better than ours?! You people play games by killing animals, and oppress women!
Boy in Blue Vest: It's better than a civilization that spends its time watching millionaires walk down the red carpet at the Emmys!

News is called news because its stories are new, fresh, and fade away quick. Long wars and things that don't end right away are old and thus not worth airing in the news.

So Paris Hilton in rehab is more important than sh*t like the Iran president visiting a U.S. university? It's not just sh*t like war, but stuff like that as well. I'm gonna get into a rant, so I'm leaving it at that.
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:16 pm

M00ndragon69 wrote:Well, if you are judging how many people outside the US hate America by what you see on Youtube, of course you are going to see alot of assh*les bashing people who live in America. Youtube seems to attract some pretty rude people.

Yeah, thats what made me bring this topic up. I was on YouTube looking for Team America's song America, f*ck Yeah!", and in the related videos, there were like, well just ALOT of anti-American videos, with loads of bad comments about the US. The problem is even worse than that, because these people even comment bad about us in the pro-American videos. Even worse, the comments are rated as "good" comments. :x
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:24 pm

marvel_freak_42 wrote:So Paris Hilton in rehab is more important than sh*t like the Iran president visiting a U.S. university? It's not just sh*t like war, but stuff like that as well. I'm gonna get into a rant, so I'm leaving it at that.

No, just more newsworthy. And I saw plenty of coverage of Ahmadinejad's (how do you not know Iran's president's name if you're so current on this stuff?) visit to Columbia University, but maybe that's because there was no news from Hilton this week. :P:)

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:31 pm

Ok, so I responded vie a comment on his YouTube page.
Here is a screen shot of what I wrote, I'm the top 2 comments.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:53 am

marvel_freak_42 wrote:
Big-Will wrote:

So Paris Hilton in rehab is more important than sh*t like the Iran president visiting a U.S. university? It's not just sh*t like war, but stuff like that as well. I'm gonna get into a rant, so I'm leaving it at that.

I agree. There's much more to life than whoring over material goods and celebrities. Whatever happened to the devoted artist, musician, and revolutionary?

Maybe that's why people hate my guts so much. I don't really follow trends and I'm usually living in my own art and music-based utopia within my mind...only reaching out to those who actually care about both performing and visual arts.

No matter. I'm just a dirty tree-hugging liberal artist renegade.

:oops:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
Craig-and-Clyde

Postby Craig-and-Clyde » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:39 am

I don't think we are any more materialistic than other countries.
I don't think i'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams. And then I always get woken up in the morning by the sound of my own screams. Do you think i'm unhappy?
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:03 pm

Craig-and-Clyde wrote:I don't think we are any more materialistic than other countries.

True, but, whether anyone likes to admit it or not, we a tremendous influence on the rest of the world.

Edduyasha wrote: No matter. I'm just a dirty tree-hugging liberal artist renegade.

Second'd.

triplemultiplex wrote:I'd say America's good attributes still outweigh the bad sh*t we get ourselves into. We've always had the ability (if not always the will) change ourselves and as long as we can still do that, this place will be fine, just fine.

Second'd also

"America may have some problems, but it's our home. Our team. And if you don't wanna root for your team, then you should get the hell out of the stadium."
-- Stan Marsh

In response to Big-Will: I'm not gonna "git out." I like it here!

:D :D
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:12 pm

Oh yeah? Well we don't take kindly to people not takin' kindly to takin' kindly around here.

What? Exactly.
germanguy

Re: Are you anti-American?

Postby germanguy » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:16 pm

As my nickname says: I am from Germany.

ONE THING FIRST: I LOVE the USA and the people living there.

OK?

And I am very sorry to say: YOUR WORDS DISPLAY THE REASONS, WHY SO MANY PEOPLE WITH EDUCATION OUTSIDE THE USA HAVE SO MANY PROBLEMS WITH THE USA:

You said (and it is quiet funny, while so untrue):

"So why do people hate us after we invented electricity, air planes, light bulbs the modern computer, and in fact many things we would be without have not the Americans been there."

Well, the rest of the world knows:

COMPUTER: Invented by the German Konrad Zuse
AIRPLANE: German Otto Lilienthal (Not those cheating wright brothers)
CAR: German Gottlieb Daimler
ELECTRICITY: Alessandro Volta (Italy)
ROCKET: German Herman Oberth / von BRAUN
MP3: German Fraunhofer Institut
Radioactivity: GERMAN HAHN / Leitner

Do I have to go on?

Most Nobel Prices were won by Germans who moved to the USA caused by the NAZIS

Well, it is that funny and sad combination of arrogance and absolute ZERO education that makes the world laugh about the USA.

The result of that ZERO education is the war in IRAQ:

Caused by ignoring (or not knowing at all?) the cultural background of the local tribes and behaviors there is total chaos there.

And what is the reaction?

You guys DO THINK, that you gave freedom and peace.

OH MY GOD - you guys know NOTHING about the Arab culture.

And that is only one point.

But on the other hand:

Look at your nonsense NEWS with 99% of inner US politics (as if the rest of the world does not matter)- look at the ZERO knowledge about foreign countries, the biased thinking, etc.

How could you know and learn then?

And that UNLIMITED overvalueing of the US achievements - that are infact mostly foreign.

And by the way: The arab countries can look back to over 5.000 years of history - they invented the money, letters, numbers, medical education, the complete science.

It IS a fact: 90% of the world hates the USA.

And the missing 10% are from Bush-Country.

----

To get that clear: I LOVE the USA and the nice and freindly US citizens -

It is all a problem of the media and the 100% missing cultural awareness. Look at the broadcasters like FOX and CNN:

The world is laughing about those JOKE news and US Zombie politicans.

That there is nealry ZERO education for 99% of the people is not the problem of the people but of the system there.

The USA is NOT Bush - and the US citizens are NOT equal to Bush's nobrain thinking.

There is Ron Paul as an alternative which makes many people in Europe happy.
"Meine Damen und Herren,
das Gebäude ist umstellt!
Kommen Sie mit erhobenen
Händen heraus!"
tweekedkenny

Postby tweekedkenny » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:32 pm

Grabted, the Wright brothers were not the original inventors of the airplane, but they certainly pioneered it and without them planes wouldn't be what they are today. But it's funny and ironic how they are posting on the Internet anti-American slander, yet with the U.S. military the Internet would not be of existence.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:23 pm

germanguy wrote:As my nickname says: I am from Germany.

ONE THING FIRST: I LOVE the USA and the people living there.

OK?

And I am very sorry to say: YOUR WORDS DISPLAY THE REASONS, WHY SO MANY PEOPLE WITH EDUCATION OUTSIDE THE USA HAVE SO MANY PROBLEMS WITH THE USA:

You said (and it is quiet funny, while so untrue):

"So why do people hate us after we invented electricity, air planes, light bulbs the modern computer, and in fact many things we would be without have not the Americans been there."

Well, the rest of the world knows:

COMPUTER: Invented by the German Konrad Zuse
AIRPLANE: German Otto Lilienthal (Not those cheating wright brothers)
CAR: German Gottlieb Daimler
ELECTRICITY: Alessandro Volta (Italy)
ROCKET: German Herman Oberth / von BRAUN
MP3: German Fraunhofer Institut
Radioactivity: GERMAN HAHN / Leitner

Do I have to go on?

Most Nobel Prices were won by Germans who moved to the USA caused by the NAZIS

Well, it is that funny and sad combination of arrogance and absolute ZERO education that makes the world laugh about the USA.

The result of that ZERO education is the war in IRAQ:

Caused by ignoring (or not knowing at all?) the cultural background of the local tribes and behaviors there is total chaos there.

And what is the reaction?

You guys DO THINK, that you gave freedom and peace.

OH MY GOD - you guys know NOTHING about the Arab culture.

And that is only one point.

But on the other hand:

Look at your nonsense NEWS with 99% of inner US politics (as if the rest of the world does not matter)- look at the ZERO knowledge about foreign countries, the biased thinking, etc.

How could you know and learn then?

And that UNLIMITED overvalueing of the US achievements - that are infact mostly foreign.

And by the way: The arab countries can look back to over 5.000 years of history - they invented the money, letters, numbers, medical education, the complete science.

It IS a fact: 90% of the world hates the USA.

And the missing 10% are from Bush-Country.

----

To get that clear: I LOVE the USA and the nice and freindly US citizens -

It is all a problem of the media and the 100% missing cultural awareness. Look at the broadcasters like FOX and CNN:

The world is laughing about those JOKE news and US Zombie politicans.

That there is nealry ZERO education for 99% of the people is not the problem of the people but of the system there.

The USA is NOT Bush - and the US citizens are NOT equal to Bush's nobrain thinking.

There is Ron Paul as an alternative which makes many people in Europe happy.

I can see where your coming from, but let me clarify my statement.

Electricity: America put it to use first with the light bulb, also American.

Air Plane: The first to stay in air and set the standard for future designs in that era.

And I never said anything about the automobile.

Computer: Granted that Germany made the first "calculating" machine, America was the first to make a "PC", that was programmable.

So I can see what you mean. They made the "idea" and that started to make others think, but ultimately, the U.S. "invented" the things I said. If anyone wants to challenge my statement go ahead.

And about the Nobel Prize, I will give you that.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:41 pm

I don't want to double post, but this is important to me.

I am NOT being cocky about the US. I just want to show those who HATE the US how ironic they are being when they rely on a US invention every day of there FREE lives. I think that England, USA, and all European countries need to strengthen there ties, and form a better group effort to develop the 3rd world, and end the wars in the middle east.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:57 pm

germanguy wrote:Radioactivity: GERMAN HAHN / Leitner

W-we'll give you that one. :D

American car commercials about German cars praise German engineering quite often. :)

gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:01 am

Big-Will wrote:
germanguy wrote:Radioactivity: GERMAN HAHN / Leitner

W-we'll give you that one. :D

American car commercials about German cars praise German engineering quite often. :)

I know!

Remeber the one with the white German accented guy acting gangster, so funny!

Here is what he said: "German engineering, yeahhhaaaaaa."

(I'm sure you know how it sounds the way I wrote it.)

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”