why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer.

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Chicken_Man
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:48 pm

why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer.

Postby Chicken_Man » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:31 am

they cancelled it because they tought it was to dark for kids lake when zim swapps organs with kids and gives that kid new eye balls. but really its not that dark and its even more popular than ever now, i wish they would bring it back, but i found out what would happen in the last eppisode i got a commic explaining it.

zim tells dib to look behind him and when dib looks back he concers the whole world and hes sitting on a giant thrown and hes king of the earth. then he says hes bored with earth and asks dib if he wants to go with him into space to drick sugary space sodas and ride giant space bunnys. din thinks about it and says yesand then theyre friends.

ill really not making that up its what would have happened in the last eppisode, ith creator wrote a coomic for it.
Squee
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:45 pm

Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer.

Postby Squee » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:30 pm

On the Volume 3 DVD on the commentary for "The Most Horrible X-Mas Ever", the creator said he was tired of making Invader Zim.
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 17781
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:57 am

Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer.

Postby Big-Will » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:24 pm

The creator Jhonen Vasquez was tired of making it?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Chicken_Man
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:48 pm

Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer.

Postby Chicken_Man » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm

he might of been tired but still nickolodiean cancelled it
Stovepipe_Jam
Posts: 4611
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:20 pm

Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer.

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:32 pm

Who cares?
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 17781
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:57 am

Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer.

Postby Big-Will » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:33 pm

Anywho...

Chicken_Man wrote:they cancelled it because they tought it was to dark for kids lake when zim swapps organs with kids and gives that kid new eye balls. but really its not that dark and its even more popular than ever now, i wish they would bring it back, but i found out what would happen in the last eppisode i got a commic explaining it.

zim tells dib to look behind him and when dib looks back he concers the whole world and hes sitting on a giant thrown and hes king of the earth. then he says hes bored with earth and asks dib if he wants to go with him into space to drick sugary space sodas and ride giant space bunnys. din thinks about it and says yesand then theyre friends.

ill really not making that up its what would have happened in the last eppisode, ith creator wrote a coomic for it.

God your spelling sucks...

Wikipedia has this to say about all that:
The show was cancelled due to its ratings and its dark tone and the violence in the show.

Also, it wasn't meant for kids. Just like South Park, it was meant to be
an animated television series that would capture an older audience.

Think high-school and young college students.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Squee
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:45 pm

Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer.

Postby Squee » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:32 pm

Another reason might be that:
Despite the show's popularity and extended fanbase ranging from kids to adults, the show was axed after the 9/11 tragedy. It was believed that a show featuring a megalomaniacal alien attempting to destroy the world was 'too sensitive a subject' to be showing after the 9/11 attacks. Supposedly the 9/11 tragedy was cited by Nickelodeon as the primary reason why the show was cut.
AngusMcTavish
Posts: 8946
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:52 am

Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer.

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:36 pm

^ I do remember the mentioning of all that.

Ah, well, at I've got the whole madness on DVD. (I like madness.)

Now, thanks to the knowledge of some of Vasquez's other works, I can find little hints of references here and there, like in "Dark Harvest," where in the beginning, you see the rabbit ("Fillerbunny") in his container.

Chicken Man, where did you find the "last story" comic? Now, I'm curious.
suzukichic
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:33 pm

Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer.

Postby suzukichic » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:04 pm

WEAK
Myspace is for whores...that's why I have one.
Squee
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:45 pm

Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer.

Postby Squee » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:37 pm

AngusMcTavish wrote:Now, thanks to the knowledge of some of Vasquez's other works, I can find little hints of references here and there, like in "Dark Harvest," where in the beginning, you see the rabbit ("Fillerbunny") in his container.

Image
Yay, Fillerbunny!
AngusMcTavish wrote:Chicken Man, where did you find the "last story" comic? Now, I'm curious.

I know you weren't talking to me, but...
After the series's cancellation, Jhonen Vasquez did a four-page comic for the Nickelodeon Magazine.

Which you can get here: http://www.badbadrubberpiggy.com/goodies/print/
Lady_Line_McCormick
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:14 pm

Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer.

Postby Lady_Line_McCormick » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:50 pm

I liked Invader Zim, I don't watch TV too much and maybe Brazil won't show it either or only show older episodes.
I liked the cartoon, I stoped because one day I had a dream with Zim, I didn't fall in love with him, he's cute but crazy. :P
The people from my country are so stupid that they don't like this cartoon, they really sucks! :P

What do Keanu Reeves, Anakin Skywalker and Kenny have in commom? They're the chosen one.

2007: 30 years for Star Wars and 10 years for South Park!


Old Kenny_funilovehim! and KennyLine_Goticgirl!
AngusMcTavish
Posts: 8946
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:52 am

Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer.

Postby AngusMcTavish » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:56 pm

^ Thanks, Squee! This oughta be a fun read!
Squee
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:45 pm

Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer.

Postby Squee » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:25 am

No problem, Angus...
The comic was strange, but I guess that's what Zim is all about
:)
AngusMcTavish
Posts: 8946
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:52 am

Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer.

Postby AngusMcTavish » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:42 am

^ Heck, that's what Vasquez is all about!

Maybe you can help me with this: I have the Special Features disc with what they say are the "Unseen Seconds" to the "Horrible X-mas" ep, but I cannot tell the difference for the life of me. What's different?
Squee
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:45 pm

Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer.

Postby Squee » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:38 am

AngusMcTavish wrote:^ Heck, that's what Vasquez is all about!


Yeah, I gotta agree with you there.
( http://www.questionsleep.com/ is his website )

AngusMcTavish wrote: Maybe you can help me with this: I have the Special Features disc with what they say are the "Unseen Seconds" to the "Horrible X-mas" ep, but I cannot tell the difference for the life of me. What's different?

Well, I don't have the Special Features disk, but I searched around the web and someone said that the background music in some scenes were different, Zim's voice during his speech was different, and a very quick scene of "45" being crushed that was cut.
Who's 45?

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests