Catholic League slams PETA ads of Joanna Krupa

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

TOTAL_BRUTAL

Re: Catholic League slams PETA ads of Joanna Krupa

Postby TOTAL_BRUTAL » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:54 pm

Honestly, I've loathed both of these organizations since I first heard of them, but still, I think the most rediculous part of this article is Bill Donahue labeling PETA a "fraud." They're both just as crooked and fraudulent. PETA seems to have a way of making carnivorism unnatural, too. They're not animal rights activists, they're animal rights extremists. Nonetheless, the ACL is by far the greater of the two evils in this little scandal in my book.
JohnHorn

Postby JohnHorn » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:06 pm

Exclaimer statements made in This Post, are not necsisarily Representative of my current beliefs. Proper Interpretation is advized as views may not be clearly stated.

I think meat eaters who say plants have feelings to are a bunch of extremists…
okay then don't eat plants fungi or animals.
Personally quite honestly against consuming meat and all that sh*t meh… sorry, Prove that you gain actual benifit you can gain threw no other way… other wise I’d have to stick with meat.org's view on eating meat.
thats my moralistic opinion.

What I find dispicable is that people will make statements that are the logical equilivent of,
you throw stone on car…
so it's okay for me to burn house with people inside.

Or put it this way… to be an extremist I think you need to be irrational.
If such logic is used by peta in all casses where they use that level of logic they are extremists.
At-least if you apply the morality plug in to your logic file.

Just to clarify that… I’m against forcing woman to be atached too machines for milking and personally ofended by it[because women would be upset by it my logic was that because cows are also female they would feel the same way and beause I had no proof that cows we're less intelegent then humans I had to assume that since they had a brain that they were of equal worth to humans.]
Though… I once said to a girl and she told me to be vegan :lol: .
I think that animals aren't per-se equal worth to humans on some level but… the whole fifty monkeys for one person idea is a bit rediculous, I don't think as monkeys we could ever accept that.
If we want to use such morallisms, we Must accept morality as a compromise treat others as we would be okay with being treated ourselves[given that situation].
Still It has to be said that is one compagain that they put I disagree to[involving tom an jerry] they were extremist, in there way there.
I think the southpark episode on peta describes what they we’re thinking.

though the other christian right wing EXTREMIST conservative, is in no position of calling anyone an extremist except himself.
JohnHorn

Postby JohnHorn » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:26 pm

In this case my oppinion is that peta is in the right[richtig] having considered the evidence I am confronted with.

These are five things the complainer is wrong with,
1 she is catholic so appropriate symbols
2 he doesn't understand ethics 101, and peta is in the right[just in this case, usually they’re not]
3 not all members in peta represent all other members in peta,
4 he does not represent the catholic faith.
5 he is a fraud.

*** This post is getting to long as it is in short… this guy is an ashole.
GodsManiac

Postby GodsManiac » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:38 pm

As a committed Catholic myself, I have two feelings on this. For one, I think Peta could have done something a little more tasteful, and it wasn't necessary to have Joanna naked with a cross covering her (I'd like to meet the people who come up with these ideas). BUT, saying that, she and Peta are trying to do something good for God's creatures, so in a way, they are doing their own good work.
Now to the Catholic League: I'm not going to say much except that I routinely find myself at odds with them. Bill Donahue can sometimes come across as a not-very-Christian guy in his attitudes and words. Not to say he's as bad as he was depicted in the "Fantastic Easter Special" episode of SP, though.
In the end, God is the judge. There's no real way for a mere mortal to know what God thinks of what Peta is accomplishing with these ads. Only God knows their intentions (including Joanna's).
That's all I gotta say, fwends.
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:57 pm

How can that does not exist judge?

I'm sorry, I'll STFU now :P
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
GodsManiac

Postby GodsManiac » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:58 pm

Wii fit man wrote:How can that does not exist judge?

I'm sorry, I'll STFU now :P

Hardy har har, fwend. :P
Frosty_D

Postby Frosty_D » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:09 am

Dar are offended by the nudity 'cause it offends gawd and teh bible.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”