The anti-ORGANIZED Religion Thread

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

gtaca2005

The anti-ORGANIZED Religion Thread

Postby gtaca2005 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:47 am

In this thread we debate ORGANIZED religion. Not Theism. I don't want to see any debate in this thread on the idea of God. I want to see religions that poison the world tore to pieces. You know, ones with a leader that says it's bad for condoms to be used in Africa? Ones that want to force Sharia Law on people? Islam, and most sects of Christianity, for instance.

We mock these religions with funny pictures, and we take a more serious look at them with good debates. It all goes down in this thread.

GO GO GO!

In the name of Satan, ruler of Earth, the King of the world, the Chief of the Serfs, I command the forces of darkness to bestow their infernal power upon us. Save us, Lord Satan, from the treacherous and the violent. Oh Satan, Spirit of the Earth, God of Liberty, open wide the gates of Hell and come forth from the abyss by these names: Satan! Ba'al Zəbûb! Leviathan! Asmodeus! Abaddon!
Last edited by gtaca2005 on Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
2+2=5

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread. Fu‍ck your church.

Postby 2+2=5 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:50 am

I think organized religion could be a good force for rallying people together, unifying them, creating a sense of community.
SuperMaids/superiorsavior/PIPaul strikes again...because he forgot his Passover. Again.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:54 am

2+2=5 wrote:I think organized religion could be a good force for rallying people together, unifying them, creating a sense of community.

...............................................................................................

Anyway....
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:21 pm

And remember, if you don't agree, gta and I will sodomize on your lawn.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
That God Damn Moose

Postby That God Damn Moose » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:08 pm

You can't make a person start believing, and you also can't make a person stop.
ιllιlιιllιlιιllιlιιllιlιιllιlιιllιlι

The moral of this story is: never talk to muffin trees.
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:24 pm

Not even if you threaten to sodmize on their lawn?

No, but Moose is probably right. It does happen sometimes, but certainly not over the internet.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:47 am

That God Damn Moose wrote:You can't make a person start believing, and you also can't make a person stop.

That is why I said I don't want God discussed, I want the horrible things done in a God(s)'s name.

You can't "deconvert" someome so easily, they have to already be questioning themselves. It's how I stopped, but I realise that had I not been thinking like this at the time someone convinced me to an Atheist, I would still be a Christian. I know how hard it is get someone to stop believing, I only got one person to. (He told me I did... :lol: )

So no, this thread isn't about that, now make fun of the Pope!
Pip Tweek

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread.

Postby Pip Tweek » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:47 am

I like the cute little rituals at the catholic mass, like the priest passing out little round crackers, people shaking hands and saying "peace be with you," altar boys ringing bells and lighting candles, the congregation singing hymns, genuflecting, etc.

What does it have to do with morality or 'doing god's will' (whatever that means)?

That, and church is boring and gay. They need to get with the times and install lasers light shows and PA systems and have hymns with guitar solos and stuff.
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:52 am

I can just imagine a Catholic priest speaking into one of those big megaphone speaker systems:

"ARE YOU READY FOR THE WORD OF GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD?!"
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:20 am

I think my Avatar says it all.
Gods' God

Postby Gods' God » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:26 am

Wii fit man wrote:I can just imagine a Catholic priest speaking into one of those big megaphone speaker systems:

"ARE YOU READY FOR THE WORD OF GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD?!"

8)
2 to the 1 from the 1 to the 3. I like good pussy n' I like good trees. Smoke so much weed you wouldn't believe. N' I get mo' ass then a toilet seat.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/fans/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=32817
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:58 am

You know, my heathen ass has never actually been to church. I think when I was a little kid, my parents took my to church twice, but only because their friends invited them and they went to be polite. But I don't remember it, so it doesn't really count. What I know about organized Christianity is based on what I see Christians say online, what my friends who were forced to go to church say, what I see on movies and tv, and what I heard from the Christians I knew who tried to shove their beliefs down my throat, and the research on religion I have done on my own or for certain classes I took in community college..Based on all that, I don't think I wanna go to church. Ever. Even if it was a pagan church.

Certain Wiccans I used to hang out with, back in the day, back when all the Goths, and pagans and Wiccans and D&D geeks in Skagit Valley used to hang out together at the mall and at the college, well certain people in the group( and there were a lot of people in this group) were too f*cking preachy about the rule of three. In Wicca, the rule of three basically states that what you send out ( and this might be about casting spells, but doesn't have to refer to magick, as I understand it, it can mean how you treat people in everyday life) you get back times three. One of these people in paticular decided to distance herself from me, because she thought I was too dark. This was due to her believing bullsh*t rumors about me, due to the fact that I wear black and watch horror movies, and possibly because she herself is a f*ck up and maybe hating on me made her feel better about herself. This girl basically had a bad opinion of me, and everytime her and I talked, the conversation seemed to go into some conversation about the rule of three, and her being self righteous. What is f*cked up, was when I used to see her around alot, her thinking I was all dark and evil kind of bummed me out. If she implied that sh*t about me now, I would tell her off worse than I have ever told off anyone on this board. If you looked at this person's actual behaviour, you would see she had nothing to be self righteous about. If she ever thinks she can condensed to me again, I will tell her that to her face.

That is what I have seen, the people who preach the loudest about morality are the most f*cked up..It doesn't matter if they are pagan, or atheist, or Christian or any other religion or non religion. The people who are the most self righteous of all are usually pointing their fingers at others and trying to draw attention from their own actions. And when I hear the words organized religion, all I can think of is a bunch of self righteous people hanging out preaching about how much better and more moral they are than everyone else. I don't want that or need it.
AxayPaulene

Postby AxayPaulene » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:18 am

You know, some people celebrate Christmas today (or tomorrow), and I am one of those people.
Thank you SO MUCH for pissing me off.
R.I.P Pip: 1989 - 2010
Πιστεύω σε σας

Pull your fucking pants up!
Gods' God

Postby Gods' God » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:39 am

AxayPaulene wrote:You know, some people celebrate Christmas today (or tomorrow), and I am one of those people.

Are you OK?

2 to the 1 from the 1 to the 3. I like good pussy n' I like good trees. Smoke so much weed you wouldn't believe. N' I get mo' ass then a toilet seat.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/fans/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=32817
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:40 am

AxayPaulene wrote:You know, some people celebrate Christmas today (or tomorrow), and I am one of those people.

Christmas is on the 25th of December....

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”