The anti-ORGANIZED Religion Thread

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Pip Tweek
Posts: 5101
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:15 am

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread. Fu‍ck your church.

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:52 am

so yea, you anti demonistic-athiest-egocentric people can all stick yourselves with rods up your asses :craig:


This is what catholicism does to people. Long ago I had an attitude like that and then one day I asked myself, "what exactly am I defending here?"

And again, I offer the disclaimer, yeah, the Bible may actually have it right. I mean, it could be, ya never know.
gtaca2005
Posts: 3915
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:36 am

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread. Fu‍ck your church.

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:56 am

I'm a fat douche to people.......
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Pip Tweek
Posts: 5101
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:15 am

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread.

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:58 am

How do you be 'fat' to someone? :?: :?:
Last edited by Pip Tweek on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flip4life
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:40 am

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread. Fu‍ck your church.

Postby Flip4life » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:00 am

Wow!!XD LOL :unhoodedkenny:
Filipino For Life :D
Wii fit man
Posts: 11153
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:10 pm

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread. Fu‍ck your church.

Postby Wii fit man » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:07 am

gtaca2005 wrote:I'm a fat douche to people.......

People may not like you, but Better Homes and Gardens does.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Pip Tweek
Posts: 5101
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:15 am

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread. Fu‍ck your church.

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:09 am

Mr. Rogers and Billy Joel like me just the way i am.
M00ndragon69
Posts: 9593
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:32 am

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread. Fu‍ck your church.

Postby M00ndragon69 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:23 am

To the person who asked what Pagans believe, there are a whole bunch of different types of modern paganism, some more organized than others.



Moose, I have a question for you about the Satanists and the abandoned hospital. Ok, for one, what state do you live in, and what happened? And was the abandoned hospital formerly a mental hospital? I ask because we have an old mental hospital in my area called Northern State. Some of the property is a Job Corps now. Some of it is a drug rehab center, but some of it is abandoned and left as is for historical purposes. I have heard all kinds of rumours about it being haunted, and about people doing some kinds of rituals there..I was just wondering if what happened to you was anything similar to things I have heard about Northern state.
Image
iloveyouguys
Posts: 5579
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:43 am

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread. Fu‍ck your church.

Postby iloveyouguys » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:30 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:To the person who asked what Pagans believe, there are a whole bunch of different types of modern paganism, some more organized than others.



Moose, I have a question for you about the Satanists and the abandoned hospital. Ok, for one, what state do you live in, and what happened? And was the abandoned hospital formerly a mental hospital? I ask because we have an old mental hospital in my area called Northern State. Some of the property is a Job Corps now. Some of it is a drug rehab center, but some of it is abandoned and left as is for historical purposes. I have heard all kinds of rumours about it being haunted, and about people doing some kinds of rituals there..I was just wondering if what happened to you was anything similar to things I have heard about Northern state.

You live in Washington, am I right? I do too. I heard about that. When it was a mental hospital back in the day, I believe they used extreme methods and insane things happened. Now there so many rumors and superstitions about it. :mrgreen:
This is my signature. I made it small so anyone who tries to read it has to copy and paste the text somewhere else only to find that it isn't interesting at all. Congratulations. Also, fuckshitcockassbitchtitspenisfagskankwhorecuntpoop.
M00ndragon69
Posts: 9593
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:32 am

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread. Fu‍ck your church.

Postby M00ndragon69 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:41 am

triplemultiplex wrote:So we just passed Christmas and as usual some Christians try and play the victim with their whole "war on Christmas" strawman gripe-fest. They are so insecure in their faith that simply acknowledging the existence of other religious festivals that time of year is somehow anti-Christian. It's actually quite funny to see some of these pricks totally lose their sh*t because a cashier at Wal-Mart wished them "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas".

Is it because, deep down, they know they believe in a bunch of fairy tale hogwash and if something scratches the surface of their belief system, the whole thing falls apart? So they must attack any perceived threat before everyone realizes how fantastically crazy their religion really is?

Or are they just a bunch of arrogant pricks, smug in the knowledge that they know the answers to the unknowable because of what an old, superstitious book says?

Probably a little of both.

It's the same reason behind evolution denial in religious circles. Evolution has absolutely nothing to do with the core beliefs of their religion. It only contradicts what amounts to tiny details relative to the over-arching theme of their religious texts. But because so many have invested so much in believing every word, in say the Bible, is literally true, anything that contradicts the most minute detail is a threat. It doesn't matter how overwhelming the evidence is, if it doesn't jive with their primitive story book, it is dismissed.

It's the equivalent of dismissing evolution or the age of the earth because it contradicts Harry Potter. The only difference is time.



Actually it isn't funny to see people like that loose their sh*t over someone saying "Happy Holidays".Not if you are in customer service and you have to deal with it.That is what happened to my boss last year, when he was being polite to a certain assh*le who decided to lecture him about how Jesus died for us and all that.I felt bad for my boss having to sit there and listen to that, and all he could do is try to be polite and hope the guy decides to shut up.It isn't funny if you are at a job getting the lecture, because you can't give your real opinion. You can't tell the assh*le to go f*ck themselves, because it is work. You have to pretend you don't want to offend them. I really wished I could tell that guy off, but you can't. Having to deal with that sh*t at your job on top of your store being much busier than usual because of the holidays is no laughing matter. And if you did actually see this happen at Walmart, I feel even worse for the cashier it happened to, because it f*cking sucks to work at Walmart anyhow. They really treat their employees like sh*t.

And, while there is a lot I disagree with Christians about, not all of them are what you describing in this post . Some of them even believe in Evolution. My biology professor in community College believed in both evolution and Christianity, and he taught us about Charles Darwin. Seriously, putting people in boxes like that doesn't make tension between people with different beliefs any better. All it creates is more anger.
Image
M00ndragon69
Posts: 9593
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:32 am

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread. Fu‍ck your church.

Postby M00ndragon69 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:47 am

iloveyouguys wrote:
M00ndragon69 wrote:To the person who asked what Pagans believe, there are a whole bunch of different types of modern paganism, some more organized than others.



Moose, I have a question for you about the Satanists and the abandoned hospital. Ok, for one, what state do you live in, and what happened? And was the abandoned hospital formerly a mental hospital? I ask because we have an old mental hospital in my area called Northern State. Some of the property is a Job Corps now. Some of it is a drug rehab center, but some of it is abandoned and left as is for historical purposes. I have heard all kinds of rumours about it being haunted, and about people doing some kinds of rituals there..I was just wondering if what happened to you was anything similar to things I have heard about Northern state.

You live in Washington, am I right? I do too. I heard about that. When it was a mental hospital back in the day, I believe they used extreme methods and insane things happened. Now there so many rumors and superstitions about it. :mrgreen:



Yeah, this is in Sedro Woolley Wa.. I don't live in Sedro Woolley anymore, but when I did, I used to live 2 minutes away from the hospital. It is the same one that lame Ghost Hunters show went to investigate. They were invited there, because so many people have tried to break into the the buildings, and get into the tunnels that connect the buildings, and the caretakers were hoping that if the hauntings were debunked, people would stop trying to break in. And on this huge site about hauntings called Shadow Lands, it is listed.

As for what happened when it was a hospital, I have read in the local paper that there were forced lobotomies and forced sterilization for some of the inmates. A lot of people I have talked to also believed that many people who were sent there were not even crazy in the first place.
Image
Just_Jackie
Posts: 1409
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 1:38 am

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread. Fu‍ck your church.

Postby Just_Jackie » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:23 pm

If you guys want to hear some interesting takes on Athiesm you may want to go to Crackle and look up "Penn Says".

The two magicians Penn and Teller are both Atheists. Personally, I am Theist, but I know them because they are also Libertarian.

I have to admit, while I do try to approach individuals as individuals, I have had bad luck with most of the Atheists I've run into being angry and somewhat rude. I guess I only run into the younger ones who are using Atheism to lash out at the system, I dunno. But Penn Jillette is actually very well spoken and intelligent about it.

Anyway, if you're Athiest (or Lib) you will love this guy. Check him out.

Oh, and if you're a girl who shares my love of big guys, he's hot. :cartmansmirk:

http://www.youtube.com/user/pennsays#p/ ... w8p7z0ghmY
triplemultiplex
Posts: 6093
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:24 am

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread. Fu‍ck your church.

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:02 pm

M00ndragon69 wrote:Actually it isn't funny to see people like that loose their sh*t over someone saying "Happy Holidays".Not if you are in customer service and you have to deal with it.That is what happened to my boss last year, when he was being polite to a certain assh*le who decided to lecture him about how Jesus died for us and all that.I felt bad for my boss having to sit there and listen to that, and all he could do is try to be polite and hope the guy decides to shut up.It isn't funny if you are at a job getting the lecture, because you can't give your real opinion. You can't tell the assh*le to go f*ck themselves, because it is work. You have to pretend you don't want to offend them. I really wished I could tell that guy off, but you can't. Having to deal with that sh*t at your job on top of your store being much busier than usual because of the holidays is no laughing matter. And if you did actually see this happen at Walmart, I feel even worse for the cashier it happened to, because it f*cking sucks to work at Walmart anyhow. They really treat their employees like sh*t.


Yeah that's not something I actually witnessed. I'm speaking more of cable news talking heads and folks on religious channels and their made up "war on Christmas". Wal-Mart was just the first store I thought of.

I would totally agree that to actually get read the riot act by some uber-christian like that in a store would totally suck ass. What is hilarious is watching a clip of some douche on Faux News incoherently rambling about "keeping Christ in Christmas".

M00ndragon69 wrote:And, while there is a lot I disagree with Christians about, not all of them are what you describing in this post . Some of them even believe in Evolution. My biology professor in community College believed in both evolution and Christianity, and he taught us about Charles Darwin. Seriously, putting people in boxes like that doesn't make tension between people with different beliefs any better. All it creates is more anger.


I thought my use of the phrase "some Christians" early in that post would carry through the entire thing. I should've re-emphasized that I'm only speaking about evolution denying Christians in that last part, not all of that religion's participants.

Evolution denial is particularly troubling to me because there are people out there attempting to use their religion to undermine the quality of education in this country. To understand evolution is to understand the basis of everything about biology and medicine and how human activity affects the environment. Yet some insist on cluttering the science of evolution with unscientific creationist propaganda. They are a tremendous drag on the education of our children and the future of this country. This is why I feel comfortable lashing out at the religious folks who are trying to spread their long-debunked bullsh*t about evolution.
__________________________________________________

You read it! You can't unread it!
M00ndragon69
Posts: 9593
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:32 am

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread. Fu‍ck your church.

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:34 am

Well, I haven't been in school for a long time, but aren't kids in high school still taught evolution? At least in my state? Isn't a requirement for going to most universities that you at least know what the theory of Evolution is? Most of the people I know who are Christian are not the ones who would push for schools to stop teaching evolution..Maybe it is very different in other states, because here in Washington, most people, no matter what their religious or non religious beliefs are, aren't that backward.

What I don't understand when it comes to the whole issue of schools teaching Evolution, or intelligent design, or even sex ed, well if parents have some kind of issue with what their kids are learning, why the f*ck wouldn't they just teach their kids themselves? I wouldn't have to be home school either, if they parents didn't think the schools were doing a decent job teaching their kids, they could find them a book or a website they could learn from. Are parents so lazy that they leave their children's whole education to schools and tv, and the internet? Well they can't. I know, because my high school f*cking sucked. We had lazy teachers who probably figured that most of us would just stay in our sucky little town forever and start having kids before we graduated. My high school probably isn't the only one in the country like that, so maybe more parents need to get off their asses and teach their kids some thing on their own.

And, you do know the people who you are intending to bash love to play the victim, and they would take your posts and use them as an example of how athiests are oppressing them, right? Seriously, if you really do not intend to be an ass to people who do not believe as you, you need to work on how you word things.
Image
TOTAL_BRUTAL
Posts: 529
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:41 am

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread. Fu‍ck your church.

Postby TOTAL_BRUTAL » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:47 pm

Just_Jackie wrote:If you guys want to hear some interesting takes on Athiesm you may want to go to Crackle and look up "Penn Says".

The two magicians Penn and Teller are both Atheists. Personally, I am Theist, but I know them because they are also Libertarian.
http://www.youtube.com/user/pennsays#p/ ... w8p7z0ghmY



I'm assuming you've also seen Penn and Teller: "bullsh*t!" as well. You don't have to be an atheist to see the validity of points that they prove on certain topics, like Creationism in schools, Death Penalties, and even 2012.
carmangirl
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread. Fu‍ck your church.

Postby carmangirl » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:26 pm

ok i only know about pagen becuase my mom is a form of one (wicca) ok so wat i know is they belive in two gods sun god(male)moon god(female) they mostly are the nature worshippers (but my mom is not to the extreme)there's ALOT of rumors like there satan worshippers blah blah blah it's all fake there very missunderstud they do spells for goodluck/love/pray ect..sometimes called witches
******let's through cookies in this bitch******

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests