Newest DVD movie you've bought

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

steelspine

Re: Newest DVD movie you've bought

Postby steelspine » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:33 pm

Hobo with a shotgun a week ago. It's a pretty fun film.
"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words ... words might hurt me deeply, causing great emotional, mental, and psychological damage leading to a lowered self-esteem and decreased work-related efficiency."
-- Anonymous
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:02 pm

The latest release of Metropolis (1927). They had recently found an extra 25 minutes-worth of footage, and it's been added to the film!

And not a bad deal, either, for a Kino Video brand: $22 for the 2-disc set!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:46 am

I've been wanting to get that. Actually it was on YouTube for a while free, but I waited too long to see it, and now they're charging something for it. :/

Last thing I got was season 3 of Remington Steele.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:47 pm

BRMBug wrote:I've been wanting to get that. Actually it was on YouTube for a while free, but I waited too long to see it, and now they're charging something for it. :/

And I kept missing it when they showed it on Turner Classic Movies, so this helps.
garmin450

Postby garmin450 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:07 pm

The original "Karate Kid".. not this Jackie Chan and Jaden Smith crap.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:52 am

I brought a film called Rubber its about a killer car tyre mkay.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:21 am

Thor and X-Men: First Class. :wink:
Can't we all just get along?
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:40 pm

James--76 wrote:I brought a film called Rubber its about a killer car tyre mkay.

I heard about that, and saw a trailer. Amazing they were able to take a hokey one-off idea and turn it into something that actually looks pretty awesome.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:42 pm

Batman: Year One

It's a direct-to-DVD adaptation of a classic Frank Miller story, and they did a pretty good job at staying true to the comic miniseries.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:22 am

BRMBug wrote:
James--76 wrote:I brought a film called Rubber its about a killer car tyre mkay.

I heard about that, and saw a trailer. Amazing they were able to take a hokey one-off idea and turn it into something that actually looks pretty awesome.

Yeah i am looking forward to watching that over Halloween i also bought Paranormal activity.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:34 am

My gf got me Cars 2 for Valentine's. Better than I thought it would be!

But what caught my attention is in the previews, as they're doing another spin on the series, and THIS time...

PLANES

It's due in theaters next year, and from what we saw in the trailer, it looks like fun!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:17 pm

AngusMcTavish wrote:Batman: Year One

It's a direct-to-DVD adaptation of a classic Frank Miller story, and they did a pretty good job at staying true to the comic miniseries.

That was on on the TVs in my area most of this month. I only got to see parts of it though. And I have Rubber saved on my DVR, though I have yet to watch it.
I also have a criterion edition of Carnival of Souls, and a $5.00-bin copy of The frighteners that I need to dive into. Not to mention the last Remington Steele box set in the series.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:32 am

BRMBug wrote:
AngusMcTavish wrote:Batman: Year One

That was on on the TVs in my area most of this month. I only got to see parts of it though. And I have Rubber saved on my DVR, though I have yet to watch it.
I also have a criterion edition of Carnival of Souls, and a $5.00-bin copy of The frighteners that I need to dive into. Not to mention the last Remington Steele box set in the series.

I remember Frighteners. Pretty cool story...bro!

:D
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:10 pm

Holy schneikees! Someone actually went and made it a movie!
http://www.amazon.com/Space-Battleship- ... hip+yamato

I grew up watching the original anime, or at least the US version dubbed "Star Blazers," so yeah, after seeing a few scenes on YT, I figured I'd try it. The Marketplace has listings for less than $10, so yeah, I jumped on THAT action!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:55 pm

The curse of working in a retail store... you wind up buying ev-er-ry-thing.

Shaun of the Dead, Mrs. Doutfire (hellllooooo), Ironman 2, 9, UHF, Rango, Drive, Pirate Radio, Hot Fuzz, the double Bluray set of Every Which Way but Loose, and Any Which Way you can... That DVD of The Frighteners I bought was messed up, so I went and bought a bluray copy for $12, and it's got more stuff on it.
For TV stuff, I've gotten series 5&6 of Dr. Who, and season 1 of Wilfred... actually I think that's about all for now.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”