Moderator: Big-Will

Pip Tweek

Re: Ask a Muslim (no wisecracks please)

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:17 am

triplemultiplex wrote :
> I'm sorry, but without religion there is no extremism. Religion is the
> only thing that can drive people to do the kind of insane sh*t we see on
> the news. Name me one atheist suicide bomber. You can't. If you can't
> claim your enemies are also enemies of your god, then it's really hard to motivate people to kill innocent civilians or blow themselves up on a bus.

That's not entirely true. A lack of religion would eliminate suicide bombers, but as long as there is a perceived scarcity of resources and unbridled lust for power, there will be violence, destruction, and murder.

There's no point in trying to wish religion away. It will never happen.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:20 am

triplemultiplex wrote :
> I'm sorry, but without religion there is no extremism. Religion is the
> only thing that can drive people to do the kind of insane sh*t we see on
> the news. Name me one atheist suicide bomber. You can't. If you can't
> claim your enemies are also enemies of your god, then it's really hard to
> motivate people to kill innocent civilians or blow themselves up on a bus.
>
> We can't just make excuses for the religious extremists and keep saying,
> "oh they're not true (insert religion)-ers." As long as there is
> the false hope of religion, there will absolutely be a bunch of assh*les
> who take it too far. And that's why humans must move past these silly
> stone age superstitions if we hope to take our species to the next level of
> civilization.

TMX, before I start writing a term-paper sized response, I just need clarification: Are you really claiming that religion is the only thing that has caused extremist activity in the history of man?

If so, then with all due respect because I do find you intelligent, you need to...rethink that line of thought. :roll:
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Susurring

Postby Susurring » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:36 am

I would recommend this as well.
Go god go ;)
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 am

No I am not claiming religion is the only source of extremist fucktardery in the history of humanity.

I'm saying that in modern times, religion provides the single most widespread incentive to do something as extreme as suicide bombing. I'm sure there's a handful of exceptions but by and large, most of this sh*t is fueled by religion.

You read it! You can't unread it!
deathsquad22

Postby deathsquad22 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:02 am

they took our jobs. No seriously go back to the middle East if you don't like the way we do things in America. Nobody asked you to come here and quite frankly nobody wants you here. We invite you into our home and then you sh*t on our rug.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:04 am

triplemultiplex wrote :
> No I am not claiming religion is the only source of extremist fucktardery
> in the history of humanity.
>
> I'm saying that in modern times, religion provides the single most
> widespread incentive to do something as extreme as suicide bombing. I'm
> sure there's a handful of exceptions but by and large, most of this sh*t is
> fueled by religion.

When do we start defining modern times? After the end of the Cold War? 2000? etc?

Also, deathsquad, you are an intolerant assh*le. The OP didn't do anything but say everyone can ask him/her questions as a Muslim. Not as a terrorist, not as an extremist, not as someone who hates America. The OP didn't even say anything negative.
beersaround

Postby beersaround » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:30 am

I think this episode is a response to being censored... they are using old 1950's warner brothers characters and jokes. showing how terrible cartoons used to be. if they cant be progressive they might as well recycle the same old crap. let go of the choke chain comedy central. let artists express themselves. and dont force us to watch a terrible piece of sh*t episode like this again.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:58 am

ShaneHaughey wrote :
> When do we start defining modern times? After the end of the Cold War? 2000? etc?

Right now. This year, last year, next week.
As long as you and I have been paying attention to the news.

You read it! You can't unread it!
deathsquad22

Postby deathsquad22 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:02 am

ShaneHaughey wrote :
> triplemultiplex wrote :
> > No I am not claiming religion is the only source of extremist fucktardery
> > in the history of humanity.
> >
> > I'm saying that in modern times, religion provides the single most
> > widespread incentive to do something as extreme as suicide bombing. I'm
> > sure there's a handful of exceptions but by and large, most of this sh*t is
> > fueled by religion.
>
>
> When do we start defining modern times? After the end of the Cold War? 2000? etc?
>
> Also, deathsquad, you are an intolerant assh*le. The OP didn't do anything but say
> everyone can ask him/her questions as a Muslim. Not as a terrorist, not as an
> extremist, not as someone who hates America. The OP didn't even say anything
> negative.
LoL

f*ck you!! Why should I be tolerant of these camel jockeys. What have the 90% of "peaceful" muslims done to discourage the bad apples? NOTHING. So until they do I hate them just as much as the extremist. We don't need muslim sympathizers in this country either. Go to the Middle East and practice your tolerance and see what happens to your dumb ass.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:25 am

deathsquad22 wrote :
> ShaneHaughey wrote :
> > triplemultiplex wrote :
> > > No I am not claiming religion is the only source of extremist fucktardery
> > > in the history of humanity.
> > >
> > > I'm saying that in modern times, religion provides the single most
> > > widespread incentive to do something as extreme as suicide bombing. I'm
> > > sure there's a handful of exceptions but by and large, most of this sh*t is
> > > fueled by religion.
> >
> >
> > When do we start defining modern times? After the end of the Cold War? 2000?
> etc?
> >
> > Also, deathsquad, you are an intolerant assh*le. The OP didn't do anything but
> say
> > everyone can ask him/her questions as a Muslim. Not as a terrorist, not as an
> > extremist, not as someone who hates America. The OP didn't even say anything
> > negative.
> LoL
>
> f*ck you!! Why should I be tolerant of these camel jockeys. What have the 90% of
> "peaceful" muslims done to discourage the bad apples? NOTHING. So until
> they do I hate them just as much as the extremist. We don't need muslim sympathizers
> in this country either. Go to the Middle East and practice your tolerance and see
> what happens to your dumb ass.

Replace every time you've said Muslim with America or Jew and maybe your pea-sized brain can begin to fathom the sort of intolerance and completely un-American attitude you've expressed. You are a disgrace to the men and women who have served their country and died for it and should be ashamed of yourself.

But considering you're probably twelve, I expect what I just said to go completely over your head since you don't know anything about American values.

@TMX- Weak definition that seems only to restrain a wide-ranging and provocative insult to such a small time frame- but okay.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:15 am

Is the author of this thread going to answer her questions or not?
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:20 am

If I was her, I wouldn't. 95% of the questions given to her are loaded as hell, and a few posters have been asses. I'm not sure I'd even come back to the forum.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:29 am

I don't know. I see some honest, down-to-earth questions that warrant an honest, down-to-earth answer.

It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, let alone an American Muslim, that they are not viewed as favorably in the U.S., and much of the rest of the world, as much as people of other faiths, origins, or backgrounds, thanks to all these events in recent times.

When you go onto a South Park message board, identify yourself as a Muslim, and request people to ask you questions, you NEED to be aware of the crap some of the less-educated or ignorant people are going to give you.

Fact is, I know a few American Muslims, and they're not a thing like your stereotypical Muslim. Anyone can be a Muslim, just like anyone can be a Christian, Hindu, or Jehovah's Witness (I don't care what the f*ck the tell you, either). So by asking a Muslim how they feel about something, you're not going to get an answer that will be supported by all other Muslims.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:55 am

qharvard wrote :
> Hey Everyone,
>
> I am an American Muslim and want to chit chat with anyone that has any
> questions for a muslim.
>
> Thanks,

Hi qharvard. I'm ZZ. I would like to chit chat with you too with some questions for you. But what shall we do? Post them here and then you'll answer them later, or is there a time of day that you are usually on SPS?

Thank you. That is my question for now :)

btw, searching your profile here on the board, I see that this is the one and only one post you ever made here. It was last night at 7:29 PM Pacific. I hope you come back so we can discuss.

-ZZ
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:52 am

Triple, you really showed your bias against people who believe differently than yourself just now when you kind of lumped all religious people ( of all religions, not just Islam or the others that are kind of famous for being less than tolerant to certain people) into the same category as the extremists. Ok, if what you say is true, then why haven't Shane or Big Will, or myself, or other non athiests on the board killed anyone yet over our beliefs? You know, there are alot of other reasons why someone might be able to talk someone into killing people and themselves for some cause that has nothing to do with religion. Think about that.

As for the person who started this thread, all we know about him/her, is that they are an American Muslim. Maybe, before that person is lumped into the same category as the terrorists, we should at least let them answer the questions. I mean, if that person was a total extremist, they wouldn't say ask me questions, they would be giving us all death threats and maybe the board would be closed again. Let the person who started this thread answer our questions before we judge them, that is if they ever come back, and if they don't, I kind of don't blame them. Not everyone can deal with a whole board full of haters.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”