Sarah Palin talks about Paul Revere’s ride

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

zzyzx 1

Sarah Palin talks about Paul Revere’s ride

Postby zzyzx 1 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:46 pm

Sarah Palin's take on the ride of Paul Revere:

http://www.rawstory.com/rawreplay/2011/ ... statement/

What happened to "one if by land, two if by sea"?
Unassumption

Re: Sarah Palin talks about Paul Revere’s ride

Postby Unassumption » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:36 pm

They did things that had a real impact, people who dress how they think people back then did (as if they had a choice) ring bells and waste bullets...which were in pretty short supply back then. I may know less than Palin about this, having only heard the story on that HBO John Adams thing, but wasting bullets wasn't their style.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:34 pm

Wow....I pray to god this is fake....
Can't we all just get along?
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:37 pm

...Wow.

Ex1lepr0 wrote:I pray to god this is fake....

Well, it's not fake in the sense that she didn't say it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS4C7bvHv2w
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:29 pm

Does this woman know anything about American history? A few days ago she seemed to be ignorant that George Washington owned slaves, and I think there were a couple other weird statements – what the hell?
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:34 pm

NeuroHeart wrote:...Wow.

And there's also a 59 second video link embedded in the story linked to my first post above; yes, Ex1lepr0, she said it.
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:38 pm

You can't blame me for being skeptical, even for Palin, this is reaching to new levels...
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:09 am

zzyzx 1 wrote:
NeuroHeart wrote:...Wow.

And there's also a 59 second video link embedded in the story linked to my first post above; yes, Ex1lepr0, she said it.

Yeah, I couldn't get that video to play for some reason; it must have been coming through a very strange website because it seemed like no matter what I allowed on my script-blocker, another proxy would come up, so I just checked youtube since I know that'll play. *shrug* Just in case anyone else had trouble.

True I can't entirely blame you for being skeptical, Ex1, but I personally don't see it as reaching to new levels for her. I've seen her show some really indescribable ignorance of history, though this might be the crowning jewel when it comes to American history. I'm not even a history buff in any sense and I could have answered the question "Who was Paul Revere?" far better. Something along the lines of, "He's the iconic 'The British are coming!' guy." You know? It's not that hard, this is stuff we're told in childhood. It's easily been more than a decade since my last history class (well, up until this semester, which hasn't gotten beyond the English Revolution yet) and I could still have pulled that little nugget of information from my memory banks at the drop of... a lantern.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:11 pm

Does this woman know anything about American history?

Don't focus on this unelected drama queen and splitter of votes, but instead see the people who already have authoritah and know less than me. This unelectable troll needs to stop being fed.

I thought you guys recited the constitution and had to pray 5 times a day in the direction of DC, how can history be lost in a nation that patriotic? Does it melt away the "bad bits" - I saw a lot of people claim that Jefferson Davies never owned or supported slavery (as with all the founders) and the Great Depression started in 1933, if they can forget such realitively recent history how can they remember the revolution?

I've seen her show some really indescribable ignorance of history, though this might be the crowning jewel when it comes to American history

I really need to read up about this guy, I don't want to be as ignorant as Palin! At least I shut my mouth about things I don't know mostly, damn UK history classes ignoring our shameful loss lol
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:13 pm

Unassumption wrote:I thought you guys recited the constitution and had to pray 5 times a day in the direction of DC

Did you really? :lol:
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:15 pm

Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:17 pm

Unassumption wrote:
thought you guys recited the constitution and had to pray 5 times a day in the direction of DC, how can history be lost in a nation that patriotic?

Only on Tuesdays.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:08 pm

Unassumption wrote:I really need to read up about this guy, I don't want to be as ignorant as Palin! At least I shut my mouth about things I don't know mostly, damn UK history classes ignoring our shameful loss lol

You can start with this poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:48 pm

zzyzx 1 wrote:
Unassumption wrote:I really need to read up about this guy, I don't want to be as ignorant as Palin! At least I shut my mouth about things I don't know mostly, damn UK history classes ignoring our shameful loss lol

You can start with this poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Ah, that is an excellent poem. One Sarah has certainly never read.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:23 am

I got Firefox "speak it" to recite it to me ;-) I know enough to not feel guilty about laughing at Palin now, thanks! Poem doesn't discount the idea that he rang bells and fired shots, could've warned people in a bullet and time wasting manner, maybe she was exagerating? She's done far worse in the past than this IMO

EDIT: OH you're pissed at the "gun rights" before the constitution while being invaded bit? That's bad but i stand by saying she's said worse on US history :I
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”