Don't you hate it when...

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Unassumption

Re: Don't you hate it when...

Postby Unassumption » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:15 am

You stress and stress over something then when it's over realize it wasn't worth it, but something else has already come up by then you think is worth it until later when you realize it isn't and the cycle goes on and on.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:44 am

You can't find the logic behind something?
Can't we all just get along?
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:49 am

People think everyone else in their situation is bad, but comes up with an excuse for themselves - either it's valid and they're judging a bunch of people unjustly, or it isn't and they're being a hypocrite.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:05 am

I just saw a picture taken of me and my family at the airport right before I shipped out....I cried a little. Also, it made me feel a little guilty...because I put my family through that, and in the end, it was all for nothing. I hate myself right now.....
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:56 pm

You still beat yourself up over that? Don't you think it's time you forgive yourself and move on?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:02 pm

Ex1lepr0 wrote:I just saw a picture taken of me and my family at the airport right before I shipped out....I cried a little. Also, it made me feel a little guilty...because I put my family through that, and in the end, it was all for nothing. I hate myself right now.....

Don't hate yourself longer than you were actually away. Disappointments will come often; all you can do is let them pass and then move on.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:04 am

When you can't find a certain video on youtube? It's a specific one but it takes forever to find at sometimes you don't even find it. Hate that.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
willowrose

Postby willowrose » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:28 pm

don't you hate it when you're trying to have a nice relaxing Sunday and a relative keeps going on and on and on whining about something from the past that someone else did to them? :/ Totally hate that.
I don't have a signature
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:38 pm

Mamont wrote:You still beat yourself up over that? Don't you think it's time you forgive yourself and move on?

Big-Will wrote:Don't hate yourself longer than you were actually away. Disappointments will come often; all you can do is let them pass and then move on.

You two are right, of course....I'll have to figure something out.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:17 pm

You think things will be a lot better when you go somewhere, but when you get there its just as bad. Grass looking greener until you got to the other side.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:41 am

You try to talk to someone about your sexuality (a few of my shipmates in boot camp that I trusted), and all they do is list the reasons why you're not?
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:53 am

Everyone you know gets caught up enthusiastically in something you can't get any emotions up to care about.

When someone dies and people treat them...different.
When people act like they lost someone when some celebrity they never met dies.

People on my side start act like the stereotypes people on the other side make up about us.

all they do is list the reasons why you're not?

Wait, people think they know your sexuality better than you do?

In the spirit of Exile's question; the dramatic irony of people bashing a group in front of me, without knowing I'm part of that group, is something I hate, especially when it's people who think they care about me bashing me without realizing it.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:06 am

Unassumption wrote:
all they do is list the reasons why you're not?

Wait, people think they know your sexuality better than you do?

In the spirit of Exile's question; the dramatic irony of people bashing a group in front of me, without knowing I'm part of that group, is something I hate, especially when it's people who think they care about me bashing me without realizing it.

I know, man. I hate that. There's a surprising number of people out there who still hate gays and bi's. Oh, and the aforementioned "friends" claimed that I'm not bi because I've never gotten laid, and I'm just desperate. What? Do they think ALL gays are people who just gave up on straight sex? Human arrogance astounds me at times. Granted, I'm guilty of it sometimes too, but still....
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:14 am

People say 'if i was X I would've done Y' because if you were X you wouldn't be you!

When I think I found something original to post (like KJII death) but someone beat me to hitting post and i get the 'someone already posted' thing :(

When people don't understand how my mind works and ascribe how they would think in my situation to me, or when I unwittingly do it to others.

people think you must 'like like' someone if you care about them and vice versa.

There's a surprising number of people out there who still hate gays and bi's

I tried to convince myself of that 'if you don't touch balls your not gay' stuff too when I was on my way to becoming another Ted Haggard clone
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:19 am

Unassumption wrote:
There's a surprising number of people out there who still hate gays and bi's

I tried to convince myself of that 'if you don't touch balls your not gay' stuff too when I was on my way to becoming another Ted Haggard clone

Honestly, dude, ever since I was in my early teens I'd had a fascination with guys, but I never admitted it to myself, never wanted to. Not because I cared about being straight or not, but because I was terrified of what would happen if I was and I'd eventually have to tell my family. I came to terms with myself because I don't want them controlling me anymore.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”