Is Homelessness an option?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

maytess12

Re: Is Homelessness an option?

Postby maytess12 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:39 am

CrocoDuck wrote:$10 bucks that he's going to make another account.

Well, its the internet. But I think hes gonna jump the gun on that. Sure he's gotten all lot attention, but I don't think he's a troll. From our conservations, I promised him I wouldn't tell anyone, but based on what he tells me, I think he's got too many issues too even worry getting attention from people on the internet. According him this not the only forum he posted this to. He didn't tell me the sites though.

But I believe him.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:13 am

I don't think he is a troll..As I said, I really do know someone who made the same choices he is thinking of. Although it sounds like he really wants to make this choice, maybe he isn't 100 percent sure it is a good choice, so that is why he made this thread. And, I still hope he changes his mind, because from my friend's experiences, it seems like once you get into that kind of life style, it can be hard to get out. And, he might really want to leave his town right now, things change, and as you get older you start realizing some risks aren't worth taking. When someone is in their teens or early 20's, they don't realize how important stability, their family and friends, and their health are. They just take it for granted that they will have those things, or that if they walk away from those things, their lives will still be awesome. Well, the thing is, sometimes it takes seeing people loose their stability, their family, friends and health for that person to realize how much they take for granted..Or if they are especially unlucky, they are the ones that lose those things.

Dr Sleep, if you are reading this, and if you are not a troll, and you really are considering being homeless, I just want you to know that I am sure there are people in your offline life who don't want you to go. Your family..And, maybe you have one or more friends who care about you more than you realize. And they will worry a lot after you leave.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:50 am

CrocoDuck wrote:$10 bucks that he's going to make another account.

My policy on that is to ban both accounts once I notice the IPs are the same. Or if the new user has the same posting style as he does.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:13 am

Wait-- we were all nice to him when he was here. Now he has gone, we think he is a troll!? I'm sorry but that's just off the wagon.
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
maytess12

Postby maytess12 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:35 am

(ugly)Bob wrote:Wait-- we were all nice to him when he was here. Now he has gone, we think he is a troll!? I'm sorry but that's just off the wagon.

That's exactly what I was thinking too.
M00ndragon69 wrote:Dr Sleep, if you are reading this, and if you are not a troll, and you really are considering being homeless, I just want you to know that I am sure there are people in your offline life who don't want you to go. Your family..And, maybe you have one or more friends who care about you more than you realize. And they will worry a lot after you leave.

Well, he did mention that he had problems and I recall him stating that his mother didn't love him. He did tell me personally that his relationship with his mom has been strained for years and that he no longer cared about her or anyone else in his family, stating that they wouldn't even realize he was gone. And that his friends were his family. I kind of felt sorry for but he told me no to feel that way.
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:45 am

i feel really bad for this guy. i feel so helpless we cant do anything at all but just type a wholestringofwords and a whole bunch of.. i just feel bad. He must have gone through so trouble and problems to want to leave home.. and most of us cant do anything (some of us dont even live in the same hemisphere) about it.

i really wanted to get this off my chest and this is what i wrote.. and i dont feel ANY better after saying it. i just feel really TERRIBLE! i hope he is okay
maytess12

Postby maytess12 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:23 am

(ugly)Bob wrote:i feel really bad for this guy. i feel so helpless we cant do anything at all but just type a wholestringofwords and a whole bunch of.. i just feel bad. He must have gone through so trouble and problems to want to leave home.. and most of us cant do anything (some of us dont even live in the same hemisphere) about it.

i really wanted to get this off my chest and this is what i wrote.. and i dont feel ANY better after saying it. i just feel really TERRIBLE! i hope he is okay

It made be sad to hear someone say they want to be without a roof over there head, but he's choosing to live that lifestyle. And yes, for good reasons. I think its sad, but we can't stop him. But I have faith what he's gonna find what he's looking for. Maybe we all should.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:19 am

his friends were his family

Hopefully they'll help him find his feet by letting him sleep on their couch or something, if he goes that route it wouldn't last long but may be a start?

Since I don't know his situation well, I didn't want to say if it's a good idea or not, though homelessness seems so risk it's unlikely to be better than what he's escaping from. Wish I'd suggested some other options, or asked for details now, but it's his decision.

Although it sounds like he really wants to make this choice

It's the kind of choice that's hard to unmake, even if he changed his mind very quickly. I worry homelessness might have seemed a better choice than it is, if he was focussing on how bad the more immidiate problems he had at home were. If he couldn't see any other way out he might have overlooked some of it's problems but they will hit him when he's out there. Would've been useful to say this before he left but I doubt that would change his mind, and it's possible he'd do better out there than at home. A lot of people run away in the heat of the moment with just the clothes on their back, so I'm glad he thought about it for a week or so.

Wait-- we were all nice to him when he was here. Now he has gone, we think he is a troll!? I'm sorry but that's just off the wagon.

Enough people have said similar things that some skepticism is only natural, I wouldn't blame people for bringing it up. As there's no reason to think he's faking I'd bet on him being sincere about it, and hope things go as well as possible given the circumstances.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
CrocoDuck

Postby CrocoDuck » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:40 am

Why didn't he just talk it over with his dad over a beer.
Hit me up if you're in So Cal.
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:01 am

CrocoDuck wrote:Why didn't he just talk it over with his dad over a beer.

I think the use of the phrase "struck me down" implies that things are past the talking over it phase.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:41 am

Hay you know what? he made it out of his perception of hell. all he has to do is make it home (i mean settle down, get a sweet job extetra..) i feel optimistic now. he sounded like he would be able to make it..
maytess12

Postby maytess12 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:47 am

If I don't see a glimpse of him soon, I'm automatically assuming he's gone for good.

Oh and CrocoDuck, this may help:
http://forums.southparkstudios.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=51886&p=1011612
maytess12

Postby maytess12 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:00 am

Bob, we don't know anything, I don't know anything.

But does it really matter, he's gonna now, period, end, or as the Spanish say "punto." I'm sure he's out in the world somewhere doing something.
Alferd Packer

Postby Alferd Packer » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:26 am

Some guy named Daniel Suelo is homeless in Utah. He's been living without money for 12 years now. Look him up online.
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:30 am

maytess12 wrote:Bob, we don't know anything, I don't know anything.

But does it really matter, he's gonna now, period, end, or as the Spanish say "punto." I'm sure he's out in the world somewhere doing something.

i shall unsubscribe this thread pronto. way too depressing.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”