Re: The Seasonal Thread

Postby zzyzx 2 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:59 am

zzyzx 2 wrote:Well, we made it to May.

Some May holidays/observances:
May 04: Star Wars Day: "May The Fourth Be With You!"
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:45 pm

So who saw the strawberry moon last night? Named by the Algonquin Indians, as they used the term (before iCal) to know when is the best time to harvest the strawberry crop! Answer: The full moon that occurs in June is the best time to harvest the strawberry crop :)

zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Fri May 04, 2018 8:09 pm

Once again, it's May the 4th. May 04, 2018!

zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Thu May 31, 2018 8:51 am

So Cal peeps will get this:

So long, May gray!

Hello June gloom!
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:11 am

Fall starts in the northern hemisphere tomorrow, Saturday, at precisely 6:54 pm PDT/ 9:54 pm EDT. Spring starts in the southern hemisphere at that same time.

JVM

Postby JVM » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:54 am

This is my first time logging in for a long time. It's been a really rough hiatus and for months I really didn't think I'd be back around these parts. I can't believe it's fall -- it's already starting to get cold again, leaves are starting to change, and I feel like I barely had much of a summer. Things have been too hectic.
OFFICIAL WIKI MODERATOR :D
My Fanfics | My Fanart | My Wiki Talk Page | My Inbox
Favorite Characters: Kenny and family, Stan, Wendy, Kevin Stoley, Mephestos, Tweek, Pip (RIP)
Favorite Episode: "The List" (s11e14)
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:20 am

Fall depresses me, not because of the nice color and the OK weather, but what it means. Winter is coming. Winter where I live is the most miserable season. When i was younger, I didn’t care as much. Now that I’m older it means dry skin, arctic air (Long periods of single digits in Fahrenheit or figure -15°C (They both meet up when the wind picks up) and darkness. Some people I’ve come across are happy about winter and cold. They must be way better off mentally and physically than I am. If I was rich enough to leave for winter to another climate, I probably would. I’m just not the same as I used to be. We would just throw on a coat, the heat, etc. Even the heater makes me sick.

Until then, I’ll try to enjoy what we have left of OK weather. Fall sort of reminds me of spring, yet in reverse. The skies in September are always clear, blue. I believe sun’s angle has a lot to do with it. In winter, the sun looks like it’s way far south. Barely stays up. Last year we were spoiled with warmer weather thru November. I knew it was wrong.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”