is anyone active on the forums?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

MrFerry

Re: is anyone active on the forums?

Postby MrFerry » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:12 am

Not really a fan of all these impersonal social media crap where you dettach yourself from any form of conversation. Long live forums like this
Check me out reading Chapter One of my upcoming lmfao book called "A Most Honest Man".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGfidCuWoxg

Written for people, who like me were raised by South Park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGfidCuWoxg
jfast94

Postby jfast94 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:07 pm

Doesn't seem like it. I've bene catching up with SP so was looking to chat with other like minded people. I didn't realize the forum was so seasonal. Oh well. I'll just hang around I guess.
iloveyouguys

Postby iloveyouguys » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:23 pm

MrFerry wrote:Not really a fan of all these impersonal social media crap where you dettach yourself from any form of conversation. Long live forums like this
For real. This has always been my favorite type of online platform. It has a community but it's also worldwide and semi-anon. I came to this forum a lot when I was like 14-16 years old and it always will have a special place in my heart. I can say that I wish it were more active but honestly, I would be a hypocrite because I post probably once per year now. It really does make me sad though, and every time I come back here (and I come more frequently than I post) it seems like there is less traffic. It's cool to see some of the old accounts still active though. I...I love you guys.
This is my signature. I made it small so anyone who tries to read it has to copy and paste the text somewhere else only to find that it isn't interesting at all. Congratulations. Also, fuckshitcockassbitchtitspenisfagskankwhorecuntpoop.
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:34 pm

Every now and then I'll pop in and see what everybody is what to.
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:11 am

BOOOoooooo I have returned! Temporarily. Good bye for a few months,.or a year .
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
mario88

Postby mario88 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:50 am

I have only been around for a year or so and therefore I cannot talk about the past of course. But I am on other non-south park related forums and I can tell that the show is still popular, whenever I make a south park quote there are always people who get it and I have seen other people use south park's quotes.

So it is a bit surprising that there aren't many people here. I think this is the perfect place to talk about the show, it's the traditional kind of forum, I am not into social networks (why share my name, face and life to just talk about a show?) nor into sites like Reddit (it's the opposite, too impersonal). But maybe those are the places many people prefer nowadays. I also have to say that I didn't even know there was a forum here until one year and a half ago, maybe if they placed a big "forum" link on the home page of the site more people would come.
He is the record!
SkankusHuntimusXLII

Postby SkankusHuntimusXLII » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:19 pm

mario88 wrote:I have only been around for a year or so and therefore I cannot talk about the past of course. But I am on other non-south park related forums and I can tell that the show is still popular, whenever I make a south park quote there are always people who get it and I have seen other people use south park's quotes.

So it is a bit surprising that there aren't many people here. I think this is the perfect place to talk about the show, it's the traditional kind of forum, I am not into social networks (why share my name, face and life to just talk about a show?) nor into sites like Reddit (it's the opposite, too impersonal). But maybe those are the places many people prefer nowadays. I also have to say that I didn't even know there was a forum here until one year and a half ago, maybe if they placed a big "forum" link on the home page of the site more people would come.
It seems utterly few people use this forum, I have had some rather long discussions but only with 1 person. And Like 2 other guys have replied, so 3 in total. There also seems to be very few new forum posts overall.

Could you maybe tell me wich forum it is that you saw is active? Becuse the only forum I have been able to find wich is still somewhat active is a Swedish forum and this one. But you get very few people to talk too here.
If my spelling/grammar/overall writing sucked. I'm sorry but english is not my native language.
mario88

Postby mario88 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:47 pm

SkankusHuntimusXLII wrote:
mario88 wrote:I have only been around for a year or so and therefore I cannot talk about the past of course. But I am on other non-south park related forums and I can tell that the show is still popular, whenever I make a south park quote there are always people who get it and I have seen other people use south park's quotes.

It seems utterly few people use this forum, I have had some rather long discussions but only with 1 person. And Like 2 other guys have replied, so 3 in total. There also seems to be very few new forum posts overall.

Could you maybe tell me wich forum it is that you saw is active? Becuse the only forum I have been able to find wich is still somewhat active is a Swedish forum and this one. But you get very few people to talk too here.
well. i have already mentioned reddit, they even post DURING the episode, but it's like a flow of comments and it's way too "anonymous", so to speak. you can just google "reddit" + "south park" and you'll find it. as for social networks, to be honest i have no idea, i am simply assuming there are facebook communities about south park, as there are groups about pretty much every show, including much less famous shows than south park. i for one am (with a fake name) in a facebook group of Italian fans of an anime of the 80ies and that group is now more popular than a site about that same anime which was very popular 5 years ago. so maybe it's just that many people prefer facebook now, but that's just my personal experience. i will stick around here as long as there are at least a couple of people to speak with.
He is the record!
iloveyouguys

Postby iloveyouguys » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:45 pm

I totally agree. As for the large forum link, they used to have it more prominent. It's too bad that it's kind of hidden now. And yeah, South Park is definitely still a popular show. It's one of Comedy Central's most popular, but I think most people wouldn't think to discuss it online or they would just use Reddit or Facebook. I think it's kind of unfortunate honestly.
This is my signature. I made it small so anyone who tries to read it has to copy and paste the text somewhere else only to find that it isn't interesting at all. Congratulations. Also, fuckshitcockassbitchtitspenisfagskankwhorecuntpoop.
RealPatrickDJ

Postby RealPatrickDJ » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:10 pm

I'm buddy!
This is patrick Jenkins and I just so happen to be the biggest South Park fan whore in the entire universe!
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:22 am

I'll admit, I have been gone a while a few times, but it's always good to pop in and see who's still lurking around these pages.
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:01 pm

I agree with previous posts in this thread, message boards are way better than social media. I think this place is dying mostly cause people are losing interest in South Park. I've only been here for a while, I originally joined in 2012 and made one post :lol: however now I'm back and I'm planning to become a regular, so get used to seeing this guy around!

I've been desperately trying to think of a good username for months now and finally decided to use this one so I can become a member of the community. "Detective" would've been too long :/

However in the short time I've actually read these forums (like the past 4 months) the only regulars I see are SouthAl, Big-Will and mario88, but y'all seem like fun folks so I think it'll be aight. Looking forward to some neat South Park discussion.
THERE'S NO SAND IN MY VAGINA!!!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:42 pm

The biggest reason these forums are dead is that we only get 10 weeks of the show with three breaks scattered in there somewhere during the Fall. There was more interest when the show had two runs in Spring and Fall, and we only had 4 months to wait for new episodes instead of 9 months.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:09 pm

I suppose this place is more active during the few weeks the show is on then, huh? Message boards in general are dying. It's not like I hate social media because I have to share my information, I just enjoy forums for specified topics much more because 1; being that it's only one topic, there's a lot of fun discussion going, unlike social media where it's just:

"Hey did you catch the new episode?"
"Yeah it was awesome!"
"LOL at that thing Cartman did right? xD"

2; I think it's kinda fun being known as my screen name, especially when it's a reference to the show (assuming the forum is for a show, which are the only kinds I'm on anyway)

3; I can act as f*cked up as I want without risking anyone I know finding out :lol:

Still, it's kind of a surprise that the official forum for the show isn't very active. It's on the same site where you can watch every single episode, how would people not notice? :roll:
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:15 pm

SkankusHuntimusXLII wrote:Could you maybe tell me wich forum it is that you saw is active? Becuse the only forum I have been able to find wich is still somewhat active is a Swedish forum and this one. But you get very few people to talk too here.
Kinda curious what Swedish forum you're refering to, since I'm Swedish myself, and I'm not aware of any forum that regularly discuss South Park except for Flashback.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”