Daddy Cool

Have a poll? Post it here, and keep all the other forums clean of tons of poll threads!

Moderator: Big-Will

do you want eric to sing Daddy Cool?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:54 pm

yes
No votes
no
100%

Total votes: 4
ericthered

Daddy Cool

Postby ericthered » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:54 pm

I want eric to sing daddy cool
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Daddy Cool

Postby Big-Will » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:13 am

Bleh
The South Park Scriptorium

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:23 pm

I've never even heard of the song.

:?
The New PT

Postby The New PT » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:53 pm

AngusMcTavish wrote:I've never even heard of the song.

:?

Same here.

I actually had to laugh at this thread because I don't think anybody really cares or even knows what Daddy Cool is. Granted, the responders thus far are all 'old people', so what do we know.

Don't take it hard, OP, it's nothing personal, it's just either we have no idea what the hell you're talking about, or we don't care. I'd actually like to say I have some input one way or the other so I could be of use to your thread, but I can't. :(

I'll give you this: Cartman singing any pop song is instant comedy gold, so why not?
I shall crush the timechild, and eat his entrails on my tummy!
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:12 pm

I googled it. It's some weird disco song from the 70s. (It's also the name of a Bollywood movie.) I have no desire to hear Cartman sing it.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:16 am

If you must know.... Of course, Cartman will have own back up singers an' sh*t.
The South Park Scriptorium

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:48 am

You've never heard Daddy Cool?!?!?! How is that even posible? Where you raised in a cave, separated from all music?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5gNYVia2rg
BTW, I hate the song.

The New PT wrote:Granted, the responders thus far are all 'old people', so what do we know.

You're old, so you should know it.
The New PT

Postby The New PT » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:12 pm

Mamont wrote:You've never heard Daddy Cool?!?!?! How is that even posible? Where you raised in a cave, separated from all music?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5gNYVia2rg
BTW, I hate the song.

The New PT wrote:Granted, the responders thus far are all 'old people', so what do we know.

You're old, so you should know it.

Yeah, thanks for reminding me. :P BTW, the song wasn't that popular in the US. It peaked at #65 in the United States Billboard Hot 100. So, no musicless cave was involved.
I shall crush the timechild, and eat his entrails on my tummy!
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:45 pm

The New PT wrote:Yeah, thanks for reminding me. :P

You're welcome. I'll keep reminding you as often as I can. :P

BTW, the song wasn't that popular in the US. It peaked at #65 in the United States Billboard Hot 100. So, no musicless cave was involved.

You've got to be kidding me! It was major hit in Europe, and is still aired often.
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:28 am

Mamont wrote:
BTW, the song wasn't that popular in the US. It peaked at #65 in the United States Billboard Hot 100. So, no musicless cave was involved.

You've got to be kidding me! It was major hit in Europe, and is still aired often.

That's not uncommon. There are plenty of things that are hits in Europe and literally unheard of in the States. Perhaps "Daddy Cool" wasn't completely unheard of, but it's definitely not mainstream, especially now that disco is dead. People here who didn't live through the seventies could probably name five disco songs, max. (I Will Survive, Heart of Glass, Funky Town, Last Dance... that's all I've got, actually.) And those who did live through the seventies? Maybe ten :lol: but you'd have to ask them.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.

Return to “Polls”