Is abortion murder?

Have a poll? Post it here, and keep all the other forums clean of tons of poll threads!

Moderator: Big-Will

Is abortion murder?

Yes
57%
No
43%
Not sure
No votes

Total votes: 7
JoshChavers

Is abortion murder?

Postby JoshChavers » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:04 am

Is abortion murder?
The fact that you are reading this now proves that it is because you too at some point where what many would call a fetus at that stage in your life. Your very existence at this moment reading this literally proves fetuses are human beings.
So now I ask you again...is abortion murder?
This isn't a troll it really is a poll.
If you can prove me wrong with science then I will happily change my vote from YES to NO.
I would be interested to see the creators of south park bravely take this one on because you can't get much more controversial than this.
Remember just because something is accepted by society doesn't make it correct it just makes it popular.
It used to be popular to own slaves, rape and pillage too but it was still wrong.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Is abortion murder?

Postby Big-Will » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:25 am

You forgot to create a poll here, so I created one for you.

Science can answer when a fertilized egg becomes a viable fetus, and based on that, when abortion becomes murder.

The creators already answered your question 20 years ago with the episode "Cartman's Mom Is Still A Dirty Slut," in which they had Cartman's mom go to the Unplanned Parenthood clinic to get an abortion. That act alone indicates they're fine with abortion and don't consider it murder.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:36 am

Yes, I would say abortion is a type of murder. Its not as bad as grabbing a kitchen knife and killing someone but its still pretty bad. Science may say that a fetus is not thinking or could be programed into becoming other living things. Like if someone killed a chicken fetus, no one would give a sh*t. But its like probably possible to program a human embryo to grow into a chicken like creature. I'm kind of just guessing here but I think I've heard of something like this before. I don't really know the law about abortion but there is a certain time length after the fetus started growing that you can't have an abortion as the fetus is too old now and is now declared a human or something. I think its like the 3rd trimester. Not sure what separates this from the other stages but I guess it has to do with size of the fetus and brain activity and the fetus taking a more human form. I agree that abortions are bad but sometimes its better. Like we don't need braindead babies or severely deformed babies being born. But I would say its murder but not a much punishable one if done right.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
JoshChavers

Postby JoshChavers » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:08 am

"Science can answer when a fertilized egg becomes a viable fetus, and based on that, when abortion becomes murder."
My question and statement are operating on assumption that fertilization is moment of viability since 100 percent of us here started existing at fertilization. No human being has ever grown from just a sperm or egg thats just science. since the moment of conception or fertilization. At that moment the cells divide and until death are night and day in the process of splitting and reproducing gradually doing this slower and slower until we die. Absolutely nothing changes except our appearances and abilities from conception until death. Viability means ability to survive unattached to the mother viability also means someones ability to survive off of life support after a car accident. So is killing by knife or any other means acceptable if anyone at any stage in their life deemed brain dead or unviable to live unaided at that moment in time okay? I say no its never okay to kill any innocent human being regardless of their age or condition. That literally creates a standard in the public mindset to say a human being is capable of being not a human being which is literally denying their humanity if they meet a certain labels criteria and that is the literal denial of reality.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:20 am

Every living thing kills and eats other living things, there is a circle of poo type of deal here. Most living things do sometimes kill each other but it is humans that seem to kill for reasons other than for food or being territorial. Humans are trouble in a way. I think humans should be defined as murderers and ones that love death. There is like a murder a minute globally and something close to that just in the US. Humans just want to play god and be god. We love being killing and doing so, quite a lot. I don't always like it. We like to feel mad, sad, angry, and revengeful about it but it really feels to me, the whole motive of allowing people to get killed in the first place is we just want motivation and things to do to keep us all busy. Human lives have a price tag on them.
JoshChavers

Postby JoshChavers » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:38 am

JamesPolo wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:20 am
Every living thing kills and eats other living things, there is a circle of poo type of deal here. Most living things do sometimes kill each other but it is humans that seem to kill for reasons other than for food or being territorial. Humans are trouble in a way. I think humans should be defined as murderers and ones that love death. There is like a murder a minute globally and something close to that just in the US. Humans just want to play god and be god. We love being killing and doing so, quite a lot. I don't always like it. We like to feel mad, sad, angry, and revengeful about it but it really feels to me, the whole motive of allowing people to get killed in the first place is we just want motivation and things to do to keep us all busy. Human lives have a price tag on them.
Many plants don't kill other things. I myself have never felt I wanted to kill anyone. Maggots crawfish shrimp only feed on dead Caracas. Iv'e known many vegetarians who kill nothing and raise children who have never eaten anything killed. Even the concept of suicide is for the most part idiotic sounding to me because hey just wait around and I promise you will eventually die, until we find the way to stop the aging process but even thats not a cure for death because you could still die eventually by some accident thats just a statistical probability because given enough time anything could in theory happen according to our current understanding of math lol. Granted many people feel and want different things thats wonderful but to quote Dr Seuss a person is a person no matter how small.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:04 pm

I know we don't think of plants as killers but they do compete to the death over soil, space, sun, and water. A plant will oppress another one to death, by taking over all the soil, sun and water. Sometimes a new plant or tree, will enter a new area and take up all the area by force, killing all other plant life there. Eating plants is murder in a way, a silly way but still a way. Murder is normal on earth. I bet there is some Star Trek episode that has a planet of no murder of any kind but its not true on earth.

Its tough to watch but maggots will infest and eat a living creatures flesh: https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ma ... ORM=VRDGAR

Return to “Polls”