"South Park: The Stick of Truth" GOTY 2014!!!

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

ShaneHaughey

Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" out on Marxh 4, 2014

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:33 am

NeuroHeart wrote:Got a call from GameStop the other day, reminding me that I had pre-ordered Stick of Truth and that it was coming out next month. Having gone through four release dates now, I had to ask the nice girl if she was trolling me. She was very sincere in her assurances that it was really coming out this time. (But I heard such assurances back in October, too.)
I went into the store over the weekend for something else, and there's this big pretty display advertising the game, and literally as I walked in their in-store TV started talking about Stick of Truth. I stood there pouting for a little while, with the voice of Butters in my head saying, "Yeah, and if you believe that, I've got a big floppy weiner to dangle in your face."
Goddammit.

(I knew this was going to happen. I knew they shouldn't have announced a release date less than a year away when they started talking about it. Being too eager to release a game just leads to pushback after pushback until everyone is all pissed off.)

Also, there seems to be no indication that it will be available for the new systems that most people will want to be playing on. That's probably going to hurt them just as much as all the delays have.

The install base for the 360 and PS3 still dwarfs their newer cousins by a considerable margin, and until this holiday season if you want a game that will make money you put it on those instead of the new consoles.

Game will be great. I have seen it with mine eyes and the glory is glorious.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Cederhill

Postby Cederhill » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:17 pm

You'd think that given the popularity of SP in Japan that the game publisher and Steam wouldn't Region Lock the game. Worse they were advertising it on Steam where we here in Japan could see the ads and implying it wasn't going to be region locked then all the sudden it disappeared(the lock removes it from sight).

Yes, I could use various means to go around it but really its ridiculous.
Zman259

Postby Zman259 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:36 pm

Only 2 more days! Grand Wizard Edition Baby!!!! :D
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:29 pm

OMG, I haven't heard another pushback announcement :shock:

I might actually have this thing in my hands tomorrow.
Not that I can play it right away. Stupid physics exam.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:24 pm

Yep. Some people have it already and have posted about it, so it's on!
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
oNeShIfTy1

"South Park: The Stick of Truth" pre order 2/28/13 cards

Postby oNeShIfTy1 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:51 am

Did anybody else but the pre order for five bucks back in the end of 2012, beginning of 2013. I got mine for Christmas 2012.. Maybe even black Friday.... The release date has been pushed so far and a couple times now, I don't know were in the world my receipt is to redeem at walMart. I still have the original card with the original display tag piece with the barcodes n such... But it says you need the damn original receipt that for me is over 2 years old now. Even if I did have our, it would be faded blank... Is Any body in the the same boat. Wtf should I do lol...
Mozy

Postby Mozy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:37 pm

THIS GAME IS AMAZING!
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:51 am

Sister's boyfriend bought it so played it all day and night today! So much fun so far although very frustrating as I didn't grow up on games so I get confused with what I need to do and when throughout the game so far. Damn those ginger hall way monitors and the alien spaceship!! I finally met Stan so hopefully get to play on his side soon. Tired of taking orders from fatass!

Sweet game so far, then again, I have nothing to compare it too lol.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
UhhIDontKnow

Postby UhhIDontKnow » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:31 pm

Love the game!! Watched some youtube videos of gameplay and finally broke down and got the PC version yesterday.

Although that damned Hall Monitor Boss kicked my rear, time for take 2.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:27 am

(Starting to be a lot of STOT threads up in here. Maybe one thread to rule them all?)

I only have a few hours under my belt, but I'm enjoying the shit out of this game. I love exploring the town and the game pays some serious respect to the show's canon. Turn on a radio, and there's Fatass singing one of his many songs. Collecting Chinpokomon? Yes, I will! The few side missions I've done are solid episode references and that's cool.

I thought I laughed hard when I figured out I can fart at will. (Not our will :lol: )
Then I was introduced to farting as a weapon and that was just awesome. :assface:

I'm also impressed with how much original content the guys created for the game. My last point of reference was the Tower Defense game on XBL a few years back. There, most of the dialogue was just clipped from episodes. Here they did all sorts of great new stuff with the entire cast, far as I can tell.

Now that my thumb is rested, I think it's time to get back to it! (Seriously, my right thumb got stiff last night. Probably had something to do with me not being around my Xbox for a while and snow removal activities earlier in the day.)

You read it! You can't unread it!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:32 pm

I'mo let those threads bloom until they quiet down, then maybe merge them.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
FreeQuebec86

Postby FreeQuebec86 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:02 pm

Thx south park for talking about Quebec !!!

I want SO MUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCH liberate Quebec from Evil Canada prince !

haha And BEST GAME OF THE YEAR material !!! Add GOOD dlc ( imagination land dlc :O:O:O:O ? ) and some this year. And you win Game of the year !
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:06 pm

I just finished the game earlier today. Absolutely f*cking fantastic. Short for an RPG of it's type, but that's probably for the best (don't want it to ware out it's welcome). I'm a bit disappointing that there are a few things missing (where the hell is Satan at?), but for all that it is, it's worth the full retail price. :D
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:25 am

Work has taken me away from Xbox so I've played as much STOT as I'm going to this month. Had to hang it up before I could recruit the girls.

For the first time in my life, I want to defeat Al Gore. :lol: (But haven't). Anyone just getting started; don't start the ManBearPig mission right away or you get Al Gore's constant spam in your Facebook-allegory.

I could beat Al Gore no problem, but those goddamn secret service agents are basically invincible. That's way too tough for a side mission.

You read it! You can't unread it!
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:36 am

That's my problem!! Al Gore alone would be fine and dandy. But his Secret Service people are killing machines. I'm having problems beating him...and this is after I technically FINISHED THE GAME!?! :shock:

I waited til the end to finish some side missions :oops:
Right now, it's either him...or back into the sewers (I'm missing one of the shitters/hankey's kids).

Some minor dissapointments. I wanted to FIGHT the Crab People, not friend them :? Also there's no Satan/Sadam :( Also no Mecha-Streisand. Oh, and the Hells Pass Hospital isn't there. I also wish I could visit more houses like Clyde, Craig, and Tweeks. Would have loved to visit the Holiday Crap hotel. Also wish there was Imaginationland, or the Angels in Heaven battle. I mean, I know not EVERYTHING could be done in this, but I feel as if a little more could have been done, because yea the game is a quick finish.
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”