Hey, where's my Spooky Vision?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

triplemultiplex

Hey, where's my Spooky Vision?

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:42 pm

I caught yesterday's airing of Spooky Fish on CC but something seemed amiss. Then I realized that it was not presented in Spooky Vision, where all scenes are accompanied by pictures of Barbara Streisand. Has this happened before and I didn't catch it or was this a recent occurance?

I guess I was more amazed that a version of that episode exists without the Spooky Vision than I was bummed at it's absence.

You read it! You can't unread it!
cedric-digsby

Postby cedric-digsby » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:53 pm

Can't find an official reason, but there's this (which annoyingly also doesn't give a reason):

Spooky Fish Trivia
* Comedy Central ran an intensive campaign touting this episode being filmed in "Spooky Vision", with little explanation, claiming only that it was too terrifying to describe. Before the episode was first shown, it was revealed that "Spooky Vision" entailed every frame of this episode having a still photo of Barbra Streisand in the corners. This is no doubt because of her criticism of the show after her characterization in "Mecha-Streisand." "Spooky Vision" is no longer used when Comedy Central airs reruns of this episode, but it is still used during reruns in syndication and on the DVD. The iTunes version of this episode features "Spooky Vision."

Return to “General South Park Discussion”