Kyle's speech in "201"

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

pink_panther

Kyle's speech in "201"

Postby pink_panther » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:49 am

Will we ever get to hear his speech?

In text format or even on the season 14 dvd realease?
zzyzx 1

Re: Kyle's speech in "201"

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:11 am

pink_panther wrote :
> Will we ever get to hear his speech?
>
> In text format or even on the season 14 dvd realease?

Doubtful, at least not in the near future. I don't know the legalities of contracts in the entertainment industry, such as who owns the episode. It was written and produced by Matt and Trey, of course, but who really owns it?

Example: if MnT go to another network, can SP come with them, or is it owned by CC? I don't know.

My point, perhaps in the Blu-Ray or DVD we get to hear the complete uncensored episode. If released on DVD or Blu-Ray, then I'm sure Big-Will will put the transcript on his site. But unless the episode is released in some other format such as DVD, and if the current contracts permit it, then we will get to hear his speech. Otherwise, we only have our imaginations to figure it out :(

For the near future, I'm afraid the answer is: "no." :(
Last edited by zzyzx 1 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
whispywizard

Postby whispywizard » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:11 am

My guess would be that it will all be uncensored on the DVD, but as cc censored everything to do with mohammad in the episode, they obviously hadn't learnt anything, thus why it will always be bleeped out on cc.
left_4_dead_2_ellis

Postby left_4_dead_2_ellis » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:53 am

they will not show it
babrock

Postby babrock » Sun May 02, 2010 2:22 am

left_4_dead_2_ellis wrote :
> they will not show it
I find this just teribly distressing. I am new here and upon finding out that one could find all t diologe at Big-Will's site I exitedly ran over there so as to read what I had missed due to t fraking bleeping only to find that it was cencord there as well.

I think that in this day and age that so many people submit to and even respect this position to be utterly apauling. In t 1500s or so t church put Galilao under house arest for calling into question t biblical acount of cosmology w everything revolving around t earth. Also around then 10s of thousands were burnt at t stake for herasy or as witches. This kind of crap still goes on in tribal African vilages. But to have this kind of delusional arogence to have this much influence in America's "progresive liberal" entertainment industry is just unbelievable.

Who elected t Ayatola president of our country or did he recently buy Viacom or what? Well anyway, I hope you are wrong. Or I hope it maneges to get leaked or something somehow. Good luck to everyone on Draw Mohamed Day, may 20.
-

B

Postby 203177 » Mon May 10, 2010 12:35 am

i hope they do. it wasn't nessesary to do that really.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
kennyloverlover

Postby kennyloverlover » Tue May 18, 2010 3:50 am

I wish they would have shown that episode uncencored. But they are going to have 200 on there sometime thy said. :gaykenny: But we can't see 201 untill season 14 comes out on dvd...
Dude!This is pretty f*cked up right here!
mphm, mhpm!><

...Deviantart.com: http://kennyloverlover.deviantart.com/
ChocoEClaire

Postby ChocoEClaire » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:36 am

I think I once saw a video on youtube of Kyle's uncensored speech, but that was before I'd seen the episode and realized its significance. But nowadays I can't find it. :(
._____.
|_____|
() o_o ()
...|__|----> this is Kyle

98% of teens have one of these 98% statistics in their signatures, copy and paste if you're in the 2% that doesn't...hey, wait a minute...
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:42 am

We'll never know what the exact text was, just like we'll never see a clip of Muhammad giving Peter Griffin a salmon helmet (See "Cartoon Wars Part II" from five years ago), even though we know it exists.

ChocoEClaire wrote:I think I once saw a video on youtube of Kyle's uncensored speech, but that was before I'd seen the episode and realized its significance. But nowadays I can't find it. :(

What you saw was subtitles of what someone thought Kyle said. Naturally, it was fake.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:32 pm

The speech is about how people shouldn't use fear to scare others to promote a certain belief or agenda. Because the people who do that are the real cowards.

That's what I thought it was about, and someone I know who works at South Park Studios said so to me at ComicCon a month and a half ago. You may never hear it word for word, but at least you have an idea what it's about.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:35 pm

Niels0827 wrote:The speech is about how people shouldn't use fear to scare others to promote a certain belief or agenda.

and this message was censored out of fear. Not that I blame anyone for it, but it does say a lot about the truth of the matter.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:10 pm

Niels0827 wrote:The speech is about how people shouldn't use fear to scare others to promote a certain belief or agenda. Because the people who do that are the real cowards.

That's what I thought it was about, and someone I know who works at South Park Studios said so to me at ComicCon a month and a half ago. You may never hear it word for word, but at least you have an idea what it's about.

Nothing new there. This was Matt and Trey's comment on the matter in April of last year:
In the 14 years we've been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn't stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn't some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle's customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn't mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We'll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we'll see what happens to it.

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
xcloudbox

Postby xcloudbox » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:47 pm

I don't think Kyle's speech exists. I think it's one big joke on us. The commentary for that episode is mostly bleeped out as well. That doesn't make any sense. Every DVD has a disclaimer saying "The commentary does not reflect the opinions of the studio, blah blah blah" Comedy Central does not own Matt Stone or Trey Parker. If they really wanted to, they could put up a blog or video blog on facebook, twitter, etc and tell us what the speech says. This is one big joke on the fans and I do not find it funny.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:58 pm

xcloudbox wrote:I don't think Kyle's speech exists. I think it's one big joke on us. The commentary for that episode is mostly bleeped out as well. That doesn't make any sense. Every DVD has a disclaimer saying "The commentary does not reflect the opinions of the studio, blah blah blah" Comedy Central does not own Matt Stone or Trey Parker. If they really wanted to, they could put up a blog or video blog on facebook, twitter, etc and tell us what the speech says. This is one big joke on the fans and I do not find it funny.

If. They had the same opportunity back in 2006 and didn't take it.

BigGuy101

Postby BigGuy101 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:42 pm

Who knows? Maybe it will get release. Or maybe someone will bootleg the episode in its purest form. And by "purest form", I mean it's original uncut version. I highly doubt it though.
My favorite SP characters: Cartman and Butters.

My favorite food: anything pasta related.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”