How about SP do for Muslims what it's done for Christians

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

DaveInSydney

How about SP do for Muslims what it's done for Christians

Postby DaveInSydney » Sat May 08, 2010 2:35 am

I think it's about time South Park did for Muslims what it's done for Christians.

How about "Scenes from Mohammed's life". It would be shocking, bloody and very 'cutting edge' and quite a challenge to make humorous, but if anyone can do it it's Trey and Matt.

Examples from a list, "What did Mohammed do?" (showing the sources, either the Qu'ran or the Hadith) are:

Did Mohammed capture a woman and rape her?
yes/Hadith

Marry his daughter-in-law?
yes/ Qur'an

Kill prisoners of war?
yes/ Hadith

Advocate suicide attacks?
yes/ Qur'an & Hadith

Kill and torture apostates?
yes/ Qur'an & Hadith
One example: The historical context of Sura 5:33 (from the Qu'ran): Mohammed decreed that their hands and feet should be cut off. "Then he ordered for [sic] nails which were heated and were branded with those nails, their eyes, and they were left in the Harra (i.e. rocky land in Al-Madina). And when they asked for water, no water was given them till they died .... (Bukhari vol. 4, no. 3018)"

Have boys as young as 13-years-old beheaded?
yes/ Hadith

Own slaves?
yes/ Qur'an & Hadith

Torture a man out of greed?
yes/Ibn Ishaq

Kill someone for insulting him?
yes/Qur'an & Hadith

Extort money from other religions?
yes/Qur'an & Hadith

Keep women as sex slaves?
yes/Qur'an

This is a very short list, there's much more at http://www.danielpipes.org/comments/158604

In fact, I forsee at least 5 or 6 episodes although it would perhaps be difficult to maintain a light, comic tone throughout.

How is it that such a man is the spiritual leader of a religion? It amazes me. Can any Muslims explain it to me - assuming they've actually read the Qu'ran - what they're thinking.

I read that Comedy Central are "set to announce “JC,” a half-hour show about Christ wanting to escape the shadow of his “powerful but apathetic father” and live a regular life in New York City.' So brave of them, tackling a new subject like that. Better watch out for those violent Presbyterians.
babrock

Re: How about SP do for Muslims what it's done for Christian

Postby babrock » Mon May 10, 2010 10:32 pm

DaveInSydney wrote :
> I think it's about time South Park did for Muslims what it's done for
> Christians.
>
> How about "Scenes from Mohammed's life". It would be shocking,
> bloody and very 'cutting edge' and quite a challenge to make humorous, but
> if anyone can do it it's Trey and Matt.
>
> Examples from a list, "What did Mohammed do?" (showing the
> sources, either the Qu'ran or the Hadith) are:
>
> Did Mohammed capture a woman and rape her?
> yes/Hadith
>
> Marry his daughter-in-law?
> yes/ Qur'an
>
> Kill prisoners of war?
> yes/ Hadith
>
> Advocate suicide attacks?
> yes/ Qur'an & Hadith
>
> Kill and torture apostates?
> yes/ Qur'an & Hadith
> One example: The historical context of Sura 5:33 (from the Qu'ran):
> Mohammed decreed that their hands and feet should be cut off. "Then he
> ordered for [sic] nails which were heated and were branded with those
> nails, their eyes, and they were left in the Harra (i.e. rocky land in
> Al-Madina). And when they asked for water, no water was given them till
> they died .... (Bukhari vol. 4, no. 3018)"
>
> Have boys as young as 13-years-old beheaded?
> yes/ Hadith
>
> Own slaves?
> yes/ Qur'an & Hadith
>
> Torture a man out of greed?
> yes/Ibn Ishaq
>
> Kill someone for insulting him?
> yes/Qur'an & Hadith
>
> Extort money from other religions?
> yes/Qur'an & Hadith
>
> Keep women as sex slaves?
> yes/Qur'an
> ................................................................
>
> This is a very short list, there's much more at
> http://www.danielpipes.org/comments/158604
>
> In fact, I forsee at least 5 or 6 episodes although it would perhaps be
> difficult to maintain a light, comic tone throughout.
>
> How is it that such a man is the spiritual leader of a religion? It amazes
> me. Can any Muslims explain it to me - assuming they've actually read the
> Qu'ran - what they're thinking.
>
> I read that Comedy Central are "set to announce “JC,” a half-hour show
> about Christ wanting to escape the shadow of his “powerful but apathetic
> father” and live a regular life in New York City.' So brave of them,
> tackling a new subject like that. Better watch out for those violent
> Presbyterians.

Yeah. That all sounds like a non-stop laff riot. I share you outrage on this matter and t hypocracy of it all, but realy, how would any of that be any funnyer than say a show on t slaugher durring t Crusades or Inquisition. The eps on Scientology and Mormonism were funny because that stuff is just unbelievably off t wall bonkers. Someone simply behaving in an utterly apaulling manner is not neccessarily a terribly funny cheerer upper.
DaveInSydney

Postby DaveInSydney » Wed May 12, 2010 6:31 am

Good points babrock and it would certainly be a challenge. I don't think Islam is any less ridiculous than Mormonism and Scientology, far from it, it's just A LOT more violent. Therein lies the challenge.

But this would be child's play for Trey and Matt who have left no stone unturned and no topic unhumoured in their noble quest to make us laugh... and think. And they could have a disclaimer at the end, something like: "We didn't make it up, it's all in the Qu'ran, don't blame us." Or something even wittier and more craven.

After all Mohammed claimed he had the special phone line to God. If he wanted something, like someone's wife, or a 6-year-old girl, or some gold or property, he'd get on the ol' phone line and invariably Allah would say "Yes! And this is how you justify it... yadayadyada..." Naturally, if you didn't believe he was Allah's prophet he'd kill you or torture you or enslave you. Hilarious stuff!
Longtimefan

Postby Longtimefan » Thu May 13, 2010 3:09 pm

:shock:

I like the idea, I wonder if you can do it without showing Mohammed though so we don't have to worry about whether or not it can be shown; considering we've already established that we will continue to give in to terrorist demands. Not condoning or condemning, it's a tough position to be in and honestly I don't know what I would do; but a precedent has been established.

On a side note, it will be interesting to see if down the road it goes the way South Park predicted it in the Family Guy 2 parter; once you get an episode pulled off the air, anyone who gets pissed off can demand an episode pulled again until it's cancelled.. that's what happened to Laverne and Shirley. Wonder if CC will decide to censor something else next time? :(
DaveInSydney

Postby DaveInSydney » Mon May 17, 2010 6:13 am

Oh yes Longtimefan, yes!... we must have a picture and damn the consequences! Well that was easy for me say, hiding as I am behind a nom de email and a cheesy avatar THAT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE ME.

Or he could be pictured with a question mark in his face. And we could call him Mr Question. And we could pretend it's a story about the questionable and bloody habits of Mr Muslim.. oops, I mean, Mr Question. Later on, the real identity would leak out.

Any other worries? I can see a side-splitting episode shaping up.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Mon May 17, 2010 7:07 am

Meh, been there, done that.

There's only 21 episodes left on M&T's current contract, so I highly doubt much more will be written in future episodes on religion :\
Azer

Postby Azer » Tue May 18, 2010 5:04 am

wow what a dick lol if i believed in a tiny piece of what's written in books then i would probably be a satanist or something, i wonder why people keep following a uber-rapist violent bdsm pedobear like him.. thankfully i'm an atheist and i don't even believe their existance, this makes everything a little more bearable and Yes i agree to let everyone know what he did
joe52

Postby joe52 » Sun May 23, 2010 12:17 am

They could always do a camera shot behind a chair and outside a room with a open door talking to him.

A topic that's hot is predators in cyberspace. His web camera could be draped with a cloth having a print with disney, care bears, or manga characters so his face can't be seen.

Have the episode conclude when the police come to his home and his 9 yr-old wife opens the door. When the police come behind his chair, he's still on the computer looking for a 5 yr-old bride still chatting to the police decoy in a kiddie virtual world.

When the police tell him to move his hands away from the keyboard, he makes a threat similar to the one made in the Radical Muslim interview. The police stopped for a moment, saying "You said what? That sure sounds like you threatened to kill us". They draw their flashlights and the scene concludes resembling the Rodney King incident or a baby seal hunt, with blood dripping down the sides of the chair and pooling at the bottom. You hear one last gasp and the word Rosebud. (I couldn't leave out the Citizen Kane reference)
DaveInSydney

Postby DaveInSydney » Tue May 25, 2010 2:02 am

Some nice ideas, joe52, and there's the bizarre twists at the end and the Citizen Kane reference which no movie should ever be without.

Possibly the 5-year old child is a little old, as the Ayatollah Khomeini says in his book "Tahrirolvasyleh" (fourth volume, Darol Elm, Gom, Iran, 1990)
"A man can have sexual pleasure from a child as young as a baby.

However he should not penetrate, sodomising the child is OK. If the man penetrates and damages the child then he should be responsible for her subsistence throughout her life. This girl, however does not count as one of his four permanent wives. The man will not be eligible to marry the girls sister.
[...]
It is better for a girl to marry in such a time when she would begin menstruation at her husband's house rather than her father's home. Any father marrying his daughter so young will have a permanent place in heaven."

Ahrirolvasyleh is one of Khomeini's major works. It was written in Arabic, making it inaccessible to most Iranians.

This book could be a source of inspiration for another episode on a series on Islam. It certainly goes into great detail, here are a few more pearls of wisdom:
"A man can have sex with animals such as sheep, cows, camels and so on. However, he should kill the animal after he has his orgasm. He should not sell the meat to the people in his own village, but selling the meat to a neighbouring village is reasonable.

If one commits the act of sodomy with a cow, a ewe, or a camel, their urine and their excrement become impure and even their milk may no longer be consumed. The animal must then be killed as quickly as possible and burned.

Wine and all intoxicating beverages are impure, but opium and hashish are not.

If a man sodomises the son, brother, or father of his wife after their marriage, the marriage remains valid. "

And there's more, much more! See http://ethnikoi.org/iran.html

I read somewhere that the Koran only has descriptions of heaven for men, none for women (except where they get to be one of the 72 virgins, I guess) and that it's nearly all about sex with some descriptions of lush places with lots of water. 7th century Arabia being a dry place with few available women, much like 21st century Arabia.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”