What is, for you the most sad episode?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Douche_Bag2

What is, for you the most sad episode?

Postby Douche_Bag2 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:46 am

In my opinion i think that, "Kenny Dies" is the most sad episode ever made! And "You're Getting Old" is super sad too, and in "Marjorine" when Butters supposedly dies, and his mother gets very sad about him :(
Bentley486

Re: What is, for you the most sad episode?

Postby Bentley486 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:38 pm

Yeah, when reading this thread title I thought about all three of these episodes, so yeah I pretty much agree with you on all these. Can't think of an sadder one than these.
Female345

Postby Female345 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:15 pm

The saddest has to be Kenny Dies followed by You're Getting Older and Return of Chef.
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:51 am

While I agree "Your Getting Old," Season 15, Episode 7 is the saddest episode, "sad" can also mean sad in the sense of disappointment. I think 201 (Season 14, Episode 6) is sad in that it can't be viewed on this site, and the dialogue that Trey wrote four years ago (that Comedy Central bleeped over) of Kyle, Jesus, and Santa has never been released. I think that's very sad.

It was sad that this episode caused a response (to the bleeping) to be announced by M&T after the episode aired: "In the 14 years we've been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn't stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn't some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle's customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn't mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We'll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we'll see what happens to it. "

So 1507 and 1406 are the saddest episodes for me.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:39 pm

The Return of Chef.

I can't really watch it. I get the big metaphorical joke that is central to the episode, but that doesn't make it any easier. They shat all over the legacy of one of their greatest characters; one that was instrumental to the show's initial success, in my opinion. It crushed me personally. Then Issac up and dies not long after so there's no chance at reconciliation. It's like you get in an argument with a dear friend, tell him you fucking hate him and never want to see him again, then he dies in a car crash. I guess it's the story around the episode that makes it so sad for me. Haven't been able to watch it in 8 years.

You read it! You can't unread it!
RighteousRaccoon

Postby RighteousRaccoon » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:26 pm

Kenny dies. :zombiekenny: :(
SUP
ElementalBlades

Postby ElementalBlades » Sun May 04, 2014 6:14 pm

You're Getting Old and Kenny Dies. I really have big emotional attachments to these kinds of things.
TarHeel716

Postby TarHeel716 » Mon May 26, 2014 8:06 am

Gotta be "You're Getting Old". Especially when they play "Landslide"
Saffahh

Postby Saffahh » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:17 am

I'm a bit surprised nobody has mentioned the grandpa marsh scenes from the episode Cash For Gold. Grandpa lamenting his dog patches is by far the most touching and sad episode in the show for me.
fedorajoe

Postby fedorajoe » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:37 pm

I would say Fat Camp. Cartman is my favorite character I love his crazy hijinks, but I just felt so bad for the campers in this episode. Especially the little boy who cries when he eats his candy bar, because he promised his mom he wouldn't. And then Cartman has a similar breakdown at the end. I get teary-eyed thinking about it!
creid25

Postby creid25 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:54 pm

I agree that "You're Getting Old" is incredibly sad, but I've always found "Stanley's Cup" really sad as well.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”