Halloween episode--Slenderman appearance?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

youreabsurd24

Halloween episode--Slenderman appearance?

Postby youreabsurd24 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:39 pm

I just rewatched the trick-or-treating promo for the show, and I had an interesting idea. I'm sure that this has been speculated before, but what if Slenderman makes an appearance in a future episode? If the scene in the promo is used in the Halloween episode, then Stan would basically be watching everything through a camera, which means there would be a justification for any visual tears or audio distortions seen in Marble Hornets. Maybe the writers were planning to use Slenderman as a plot device and inserted Stan using FaceTime to trick-or-treat so they could set it up. And yes, I know that episodes are produced in six days, but we did see scenes from 1606 in a promo from before season 16 began. Personally, I think Matt and Trey could pull it off. What do you guys think?
M00ndragon69

Re: Halloween episode--Slenderman appearance?

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:12 pm

I found out who or what Slenderman is a few months ago..When I was researching other things online.He seems pretty creepy..But, I don't know if he would show up in a South Park episode, or at least not at this time..He isn't very famous yet, and maybe Trey and Matt haven't heard of him.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:25 pm

I see that Slenderman first came to life in my favorite message board beside this one, Something Awful. :D Having said that, no, I don't think he'll make an appearance any time soon.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
ChocoEClaire

Postby ChocoEClaire » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:55 pm

He is pretty famous, but I doubt that M&T play too many video games with their busy schedules.
._____.
|_____|
() o_o ()
...|__|----> this is Kyle

98% of teens have one of these 98% statistics in their signatures, copy and paste if you're in the 2% that doesn't...hey, wait a minute...
youreabsurd24

Postby youreabsurd24 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:36 pm

ChocoEClaire wrote:He is pretty famous, but I doubt that M&T play too many video games with their busy schedules.

He didn't originate with the video game. The game was based off of a web series called Marble Hornets. But yes, you do have a point. Slenderman is popular on the Internet, but not so much in the larger media setting.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:04 pm

I've actually never heard of him until you brought him up. I'm not as plugged in to everything as I used to be though.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”