The Status of Butters

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

GigaG

The Status of Butters

Postby GigaG » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:00 pm

We have not seen Butters since Cartman stuffed an almond M&M into his mouth while he was already recovering from a severe allergic reaction to the same candy. Could this be the end of Butters? Or has it been confirmed that Butters survived his ordeal? I sure hope they didn't kill him off? If they did - oh, hamburgers, that would be bad!
BRMBug

Re: The Status of Butters

Postby BRMBug » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:09 pm

Well, that was the season finale after all. You're probably gonna have to wait a few more months to find out for sure.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:35 am

Yeah, South Park will retcon him and he'll be back to his innocent self again next Spring.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:49 am

Butters? Butters IS dead. Killed in action, if you will. Think about it: was there any chance for him to survive that second M&M from the medical point of view? Any chance at all? I know, his untimely death is hard to get over. It's a great loss for everyone, including his wonderful parents and loving grandma. But we all should take consolation in the fact that he died as a hero and try to move on. That's the way the almond cookie crumbles, I'm afraid.

:cry:

Geez, what a bunch of bull!!!
SaltyBawls82

Postby SaltyBawls82 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:10 pm

If they were going to kill Butters they would have made more of a big deal out of it.

He's hooked up to a respirator, or some sort of medical machine, so assume he survives the almonds.

Its Butter were talking about, not Pip or Kenny, he deserves better than to die without meaning.
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:03 am

SaltyBawls82 wrote:Its Butter were talking about, not Pip or Kenny, he deserves better than to die without meaning.

Yes, but Matt & Trey can be f*ckers like that sometimes.

No, I do not think he is dead. Weirder sh*t has happened in episodes and its just been swept under the rug.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:26 pm

Butters is completely okay. They wouldn't kill him off, at least not like that. I'm not worried at all.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
youreabsurd24

Postby youreabsurd24 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:29 am

Cartman died in both Medicinal Fried Chicken and Jesus vs. Frosty, but he's still around, and Butters is just as important of a character as Cartman these days, so they probably won't even address it.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:58 am

youreabsurd24 wrote:Cartman died in Medicinal Fried Chicken.

No, he escaped. The woman who thought he was her son Billy, she was killed.

It was Kenny who died in "Jesus v. Frosty," even though he had what we now know as Cartman's body.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:46 am

Big-Will wrote:
youreabsurd24 wrote:Cartman died in Medicinal Fried Chicken.

No, he escaped. The woman who thought he was her son Billy, she was killed.

I believe the "death" in that episode refers to Cartman's head exploding Scanners-style. It was clearly a visual metaphor, but I've seen people insist that he died there.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Southparkfan135

Postby Southparkfan135 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:49 am

I doubt that the creators will kill off one of their fave characters, especially that way. Even if they got sick of him, they can always move him to the background, but far away than killing him off!
Sorry for my bad English...
mysterionfangirl1

Postby mysterionfangirl1 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:50 am

I really doubt that the creators of the show would ever have Butters killed off. I think he is easily one of their favorite characters to write for, other than the four main SP boys of course. I'm sure Butters will be all better again by next season. :) at least until he faces Cartman once again... haha. :roll:
joedanger

Postby joedanger » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:04 pm

The only benefit to killing Butters is that he could come back as a ghost who only Cartman can see. That could have real possibilities. I can just picture him showing up next to Carman's bed, just saying "Eric." and making Cartman jump out of his skin like Cartman kept doing to Butters in The Death of Eric Cartman.
You know - I've learned something today.
UhhIDontKnow

Postby UhhIDontKnow » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:42 pm

joedanger wrote:The only benefit to killing Butters is that he could come back as a ghost who only Cartman can see. That could have real possibilities. I can just picture him showing up next to Carman's bed, just saying "Eric." and making Cartman jump out of his skin like Cartman kept doing to Butters in The Death of Eric Cartman.

Eric is gonna have one very sore bottom then :shock:

Although, come to think of it, the probing Butters took really doesn't measure up to two alien transmitters.

Butters won't die though.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”