The South Park Elementary School Massacre

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

ngrey651

Re: The South Park Elementary School Massacre

Postby ngrey651 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:11 pm

How about no? Just...no. They discussed this very thing in the South Park book of Philosophy and they said it was stupid, insensitive, a dumb idea, and that guess what? Some lines should NOT be crossed because there comes a point when you're not trying to say anything, you're just trolling and being controversial for the sake of being controversial. Some things SHOULDN'T be mocked and made fun of because it's not bloody funny. Rape can be funny when it's Elmer Fudd and Porky Pig, but otherwise...no, not really f--kin' funny.

And school shootings are NOT. EFFING. FUNNY.

Do not do a school shooting, Matt and Trey. I will effin' stab you in the LEG with a fake Highlander sword I use for a letter opener!
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:54 pm

I was listening the song All the Other Kids by Foster The People in the car.

You know what would be really fucked up? Hypothetically speaking? If they were the shooters in the non-existent episode were killing kids to that tune (go listen to that song carefully).
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:34 pm

That song is called "Pumped Up Kicks".

You read it! You can't unread it!
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:23 am

ngrey651 wrote:How about no? Just...no. They discussed this very thing in the South Park book of Philosophy and they said it was stupid, insensitive, a dumb idea, and that guess what? Some lines should NOT be crossed because there comes a point when you're not trying to say anything, you're just trolling and being controversial for the sake of being controversial. Some things SHOULDN'T be mocked and made fun of because it's not bloody funny. Rape can be funny when it's Elmer Fudd and Porky Pig, but otherwise...no, not really f--kin' funny.

And school shootings are NOT. EFFING. FUNNY.

Do not do a school shooting, Matt and Trey. I will effin' stab you in the LEG with a fake Highlander sword I use for a letter opener!

There is a South Park book of Philosophy? I will have to check that out...But, rape is not funny..Even if Porky is making Elmer squeal like a pig. The rape/misogynist jokes in Family Guy are getting pretty disgusting.

I don't want to see a school shooting episode either. It wouldn't be a fun episode.
solo1t

Postby solo1t » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:56 am

I think they already made one. Very first part of "Dances With Smurfs", some crazy guy busts in the school and shoots the kid reading the morning announcements.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/2 ... ouncements

Something tells me they're not gonna go any farther than that. At least I'd prefer it if they didn't, because that clip was kind of a bummer. Especially after the colorado high school shooting that happened yesterday which happened on the anniversary of the sandy hook shooting last year.

now im depressed, dammit
BoulderAv

Postby BoulderAv » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:19 am

South Park could tackle the media hype around school shootings. Plenty of potential for satire there and avoids somewhat of the awfulness of school shootings.
kolaida

Postby kolaida » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:33 pm

Uhm, no. Wasn't one of the creators in Bowling for Columbine or something? Aren't they from that area of CO? Besides, sorry, I just don't see how it can even be made to be funny. Parents losing their children in any way isn't funny but this is just plain awful. It's funny to be hinted at sometimes and when I asked my friend to see Batman when it came out she said, "No, I don't wanna be shot!" the day after, that was kinda funny but seeing something like that animated? No, thanks. When Kyle was thinking about it, that was disturbing. I watched that Glee episode and that was difficult to watch and not an episode I'd ever really want to watch again personally.

I don't get what the point of it would be? With AIDS, it has usually been how people are so sensitive to it and overreact when a joke involves it, with poverty in Africa, usually it's in reference to how if you eat all your food, that'll somehow help starving kids or something along those lines. Not a lot of people experience losing their child through a massacre and it's just sad. It's just plain sad.

On another note, someone else mentioned the rape and misogyny and being fed up with in in Family Guy. I am grateful South Park has characters like Wendy (and Kyle) that usually call someone out on being racist or misogynist.
Always think of the consequence of your behavior before acting out what you are thinking.
bigstupidflyingfish

Postby bigstupidflyingfish » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:13 pm

NO.

I may have terrible ideas myself but this is ridiculous. I honestly think this would be a terrible episode, even if it were the finale.
Favorite Character(s): Kyle and Kenny
Favorite Episode: Scott Tenorman Must Die
Favorite Season(s): 1, 2, 3, and 8
First Episode Seen: Summer Sucks (officially)
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:31 pm

kolaida wrote:Uhm, no. Wasn't one of the creators in Bowling for Columbine or something? Aren't they from that area of CO?

Matt grew up in Littleton, CO, so it struck pretty close to home for him.
The South Park Scriptorium

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Milo Vonnegut 3

Postby Milo Vonnegut 3 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:30 pm

I guess with the exception of a few people, I'm alone on this one. Oh well, I'm NOT going back on my word, I still have hope that this will happen to South Park. :D
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:12 pm

I agree with solo1t that “Dances With Smurfs” counts. I saw it again and it was great, really funny stuff. The Wendy sex questions in the book were hilarious and I had forgotten how good that episode was. I like “Pumped Up Kicks” too and I hear the lyrics incorrectly, its just one of those songs to me. Still I think South Park isn’t going to do a school shooting episode again. Or like “Dances With Smurfs” it would be a small part of the episode. I mean how long could they really show us a shooting going on until it got old. There is only so much they could do with it, it couldn’t be longer then two minutes unless there was some sort of stand off with police after the initial shooting. Maybe with taking kids and teachers hostage after the kid or kids killed a few people they didn’t like. If they did make one I think it could cover well before the shooting and days after the shooting. There would be just to much time left and would need more plots and fillers.

What if it is a terminally ill person who does the shooting like Zach Sobiech who sang this song?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDC97j6lfyc

It could be kind of like the Saw movies.
What seems to be the officer problem?
Sarah333

Postby Sarah333 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:02 am

nwt000 wrote:No, just no, it would be insensitive to everyone in Newtown and beyond and absolutely no one needs to die either.

Is that a joke.
Sarah333

Postby Sarah333 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:04 am

I think it could be interesting. I'd love to see what they do with it. (Not last episode, though. It's just what everyone would expect).

Return to “General South Park Discussion”