South Park movie re-release, anyone?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

AlexTri89

South Park movie re-release, anyone?

Postby AlexTri89 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:16 pm

Seeing as how Hollywood has been re-releasing films over the past few years (and making most of them 3D), have you guys ever thought about re-releasing the South Park movie to theaters, especially for those who didn't get to experience this amazing film on the big screen? (including myself) I would love to see it happen! :)
BRMBug

Re: South Park movie re-release, anyone?

Postby BRMBug » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:55 pm

Next year is the 15th anniversary. I'd at least like to see it in theaters again, since I missed it the first time around... and when it was at the Inwood a few years back.
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:59 pm

I'd pass.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:32 pm

I would so love to see it in a theater. Especially with a bunch of other fans.
In the summer of '99, I wasn't quite into the show yet and lacked the confidence to try and fake my way into an R-rated movie. That's hard to pull off in a small town with a one-screen theater even if you're already 16. So I missed out.
Later that year, a friend had recorded it off of HBO and I got to see BLU. Then I was really kicking myself for not going because it was the greatest thing in the history of movies for me at that point.

You read it! You can't unread it!
kyleisgod

Postby kyleisgod » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:44 pm

I saw BLU in theaters more than once, and I agree that Parkies should get to experience it that way if they haven't before. BLU was and is a great movie. That said, I wouldn't personally see it again in theaters unless it was a special edition or part of a marathon or some such. Seen it on TV uncut, own the DVD, no reason to pay for it again unless there's something special in the re-release.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”