Should have won an Emmy

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Should have won an Emmy

Postby JayDrew » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:41 pm

So which episode do you think was most deserving of an Emmy but didn't win won? Not necessarily your favorite episode or the one you thought was most funny, but that deserved some major recognition?

For me it's "You're Getting Old". It was deep and emotional and really captured what it's like to get older. And who doesn't love the duck?

Also what's up with the award-winning episodes? Jewpecabra and Big Gay Al won something?

Re: Should have won an Emmy

Postby NeuroHeart » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:22 pm

Jewpacabra won an Annie for writing, and Big Gay Al won a GLAAD Media award for outstanding TV. (Big Gay Al was also nominated for an Emmy.)

I think 200/201 should have won because it was trying to draw attention to an important topic, and ended up drawing a lot of attention. I would have given it the Emmy just on principal, though I also think it's a good two-parter with a lot of excellent storytelling on top of the whole censorship battle. It was nominated, but not a winner, which I think is bullcrap.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.

Postby johnkingcnn » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:24 pm

South park is a cutting edge cartoon show, with a very high budget and quick witted writing staff so that's a hard one, but me personally I think any show that exemplifies school life in the context of VIACOM/Comedy Central deserves somewhat of a nomination, mainly because im a 90's guy lol.

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:44 pm

About half of episodes in seasons 5-7 are worthy.

That's how it's down here on the farm!

Postby Mamont » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:25 pm

Coon and Friends Trilogy.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”