question about South Park Episode S13E12 - "The F Word"

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

hierholzer

question about South Park Episode S13E12 - "The F Word"

Postby hierholzer » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:33 am

Hey all!
I am a huge south park fan and have friends call me all the time asking me what episode certain references they remember of the show come from.

But one thing I never understood and hope someone else knows is why on episode S13e12 - "The F Word",

When the Bikers decide that they are just not loud enough, it then shows them all driving by in a line with drums and all sorts of other noise making instruments.

One of the last bikers in the line has a recording repeating on their bike.

And to me it sounds like the recording is saying "Chicken Spears, Chicken Spears"

Please if anyone knows, tell me if that is actually what the recording on the bikers bike is saying and if so WHY The recording is saying that!??
Like what does that mean? or if that's not what its saying, than what is the recording saying?

Thanks everyone!!
Last edited by hierholzer on Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: question about South Park Episode S13E12 - "The F Word"

Postby Big-Will » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:30 pm

It doesn't mean anything. But if you like absurd comedy, it's awesome. :lol:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
hierholzer

Postby hierholzer » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:26 pm

Haha Right On! :o

Yeah, I thought it was extremely funny! I just didn't know if it had an underlying point or not.

That's what is crazy about South Park as you know, Some things on episodes represent many underlying points, and other things such as "Chicken Spears" mean absolutely nothing!

It is always fun for me to guess which things are just random and which things actually have a point to them.

Thanks again for the fast response! Hopefully this will answer anyone else with the same question. :)
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:02 am

There's a FAQ about this which sheds some light on the term:

Posted on: 09.16.2010

Question:
What's with the Harley riders saying "chicken spears"??

I was just watching "The F Word" and after the bikers decide they want more attention, I noticed a few things. One: the lead biker is blowing on some Vuvuzelas from the World Cup (AWESOME) and then another one is yelling "Chicken Spears" into a microphone. What the heck is a chicken spear? Thanks FAQ guy!

Answer

When the show was being made, the temp audio that got animated was Matt and Trey yelling "Britney Spears". It was a complicated shot, so when they recorded the final audio, they just yelled "chicken spears" instead so that the lip sync was still correct. Plus, everyone knows Harley riders love breaded chicken fingers.

Even using "Britney Spears" instead of "chicken spears" doesn't make sense, but now you know. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:19 pm

I assumed it was one of those nonsense phrases they have people say in background crowds in movies and TV shows. When a bunch of people are saying it softly all at once, it just sounds like incomprehensible background noise. One I've heard before is "peas and carrots". SP has also used "rabble, rabble!" in crowds that are supposed to be angry. The comedy comes from making one of those phrases audible by isolating one person saying it; the guy who continues when everyone else has stopped because he missed the cue.

That's how I interpreted that particular line. They've done that joke a few times on the show.

You read it! You can't unread it!

Return to “General South Park Discussion”