Where can I find the original script of 201 before censoring

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

ilvny

Where can I find the original script of 201 before censoring

Postby ilvny » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:00 am

Does anybody know where I can find the original script of episode "201" before the bleeps were put over Kyle and Santa's speeches?

Also, does anyone think that Viacom and Comedy Central will allow Trey and Matt to release the unaltered episode at some time? I'm wondering if Trey and Matt will do it themselves after the series ends.

By the way, I am not new to the forum; I created a new account because I was tired of my username and wanted a new one. I haven't posted on here in a while either. Just for the record.

I'd love to know what Kyle and Santa said. The bleep killed the lesson.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Where can I find the original script of 201 before censo

Postby Big-Will » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:44 pm

What kind of question is that??? The original script for episode "201" is at South Park Studios, of course. :P

Fan-made videos purporting to have the bleeped text have popped up from time to time, and claims have been made that the missing text was in a script the writers threw away, but the videos are fake, and if the text is from a discarded script, we can't consider it official.

Official transcripts for the show have not been available to us since Season 5's "Towelie."
The South Park Scriptorium

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
ilvny

Postby ilvny » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:00 pm

I thought maybe it got leaked or a lip-reader figured it out. :lol:
Groapy

Postby Groapy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:49 pm

ilvny wrote:I thought maybe it got leaked or a lip-reader figured it out. :lol:

Traditional lip-reading probably wouldn't work for animation "lip" movements of this sort.

A couple of years back, some programming egghead said that he made a database of many of Kyle's known animation mouth positions and the corresponding words involved, the idea being that the mouth animations would be continually re-used.

Despite my best efforts to search, I couldn't find the website where this discussion took place, but I remember it had something to do with stop motion animation. He said he had figured out some of the words, but I don't remember what he came up with.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”