South Park Getting Sadder?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Sarah333

South Park Getting Sadder?

Postby Sarah333 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:43 am

Obviously since they started South Park in 1997 Matt and Trey have both grown and changed in their humor and ideas and it's been duly reflected, but does anyone else think that in the past few seasons it's gotten sadder, as well? There aren't many sad episodes to speak of but it seems as if most of them have been created more recently than the others.
ssk1777

Re: South Park Getting Sadder?

Postby ssk1777 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:33 pm

I would have to definitely agree with you I have noticed the change. Episodes have been getting sadder and sadder. :cry:
Favorite episodes: The ring and The red badge of gayness
Favorite season: Season 10
Favorite character: Kyle Broflovski
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:45 am

I wouldn't say they're getting sadder. Just... not as goofy. A little more mature.
Sarah333

Postby Sarah333 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:09 pm

Mamont wrote:I wouldn't say they're getting sadder. Just... not as goofy. A little more mature.

Oh I have no question as to whether they've gotten more mature. But with that maturity, it seems they've become slightly more serious, as well. Not every episode and not even necessarily in every season, just overall.
wingnutter

Postby wingnutter » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:24 am

:gaykenny:
Sad or not, its still amazin.
Buterz

Postby Buterz » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:16 pm

no
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:18 am

Mamont wrote:I wouldn't say they're getting sadder. Just... not as goofy. A little more mature.

I agree. Yes M&T have always used the boys as vehicles for how they feel about society and the media, but I think they are doing way more now than they did back when. SP has always had the same amount of 'sadness' I guess. Kenny Dies and You're Getting Old will always bring tears to my eyes. I know I speak for the majority when I say they need to have the boys be boys and not get involved so much about the latest in news and such. Have funny adventures in their backyard like Ladder to Heaven or Fun with Veal. Act more naive, like actual 9/10 year olds!

Not everything has to be about what's hot or not in the world.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Zuli

Postby Zuli » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:11 pm

Stanluv25 wrote:

I agree. Yes M&T have always used the boys as vehicles for how they feel about society and the media, but I think they are doing way more now than they did back when. SP has always had the same amount of 'sadness' I guess. Kenny Dies and You're Getting Old will always bring tears to my eyes. I know I speak for the majority when I say they need to have the boys be boys and not get involved so much about the latest in news and such. Have funny adventures in their backyard like Ladder to Heaven or Fun with Veal. Act more naive, like actual 9/10 year olds!

Not everything has to be about what's hot or not in the world.

Amen! to that.
Top 5
1. Major Boobage
2. Tonsil Trouble
3. Imaginationland
4. Woodland Critter Christmas
5. 1%

Favorite Character: Kyle
Favorite Season: 4

Return to “General South Park Discussion”