Will Comedy Central let South Park say "f*ck" uncensored for Season 22

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

kenny1998asshole

Will Comedy Central let South Park say "f*ck" uncensored for Season 22

Postby kenny1998asshole » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:26 pm

S&P's for basic cable have been experience a slow death for years. I know South Park broke the sh*t barrier with it hits the Fans but with other basic cable Networks like FX, Syfy, USA, AMC, IFC starting to allow the word f*ck uncensored on their original programming will South Park follow suite? I know Comedy Central use to air uncensored content on week ends at night but what I'm curious is will Comedy Central allow the word to be used in it's original broadcast? What are you guys thoughs?
triplemultiplex

Re: Will Comedy Central let South Park say "f*ck" uncensored for Season 22

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:13 pm

S&P is inherently more tight-assed about cartoons. I have no reason to expect them to start letting South Park say "fuck".
Personally, I don't really care. It doesn't change the quality of the episode. In rare cases, bleeping swear words is actually funnier.
Hell, the very first episode of this show is evidence of that; Kyle's rant to the aliens at the end...

You read it! You can't unread it!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:51 pm

I don't think so, since CC is considered a basic cable station and so wouldn't air an uncensored episode on the first try, AFAIK.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Paul_Zabon

Postby Paul_Zabon » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:47 pm

I dont really think so
EsmagaSapos

Postby EsmagaSapos » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:57 pm

The only place I've watched South Park on television from, was Curto Circuito, is a Portuguese TV channel, and they didn't censored the word f*ck or any other as far as I know. I also agree with the guy up there that sometimes censuring makes the scene funnier.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:11 pm

Noticed a few things

The Daily Show has unbleeped sh*t now. They can likely thank South Park for that.

South Park retuns on Comedy Central are now all rated TV-14, no matter what time they air or what season they are. Don’t know how it got to that point.

They’ll probably leave the F word bleeped. They need a reason to bring online and DVD traffic in.

And on a side note, I miss the show. I don’t miss worrying what will happen every week during the fall, but I miss them. Up until Season 17, we would be just about to finish the spring run. I’ve been used to the fall-only but right now I’m going thru a lot. I feel like I’m homesick, or missing friends and family. I guess the DVD release will give me something to look forward to.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”