New South Park Studios Forums Setup

This is the feedback forum. Please use it to leave comments about features or anything else you would like seen added to Southparkstudios.com
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: New South Park Studios Forums Setup

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:19 pm

True, true.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:39 pm

JamesPup wrote:So I came up with a new and fun idea for the forums. So at NBC Newsvine website which is dying out rate now but still there is commenting people do to articles on the news. Anyways so when someone makes a post it allows people to click a liked type of box which starts at zero and then just goes up and every one is allowed to vote only once per other persons post. So I mean you can't just keep clicking on the like box and making it go up more than the one point you can give on one post. So this would be great to see as it would show whos post was the most liked. Since this is South Park I was thinking there could also be a disliked box so people not only can say which posts they liked but also the ones they hated. I was thinking that in the User Profile or one of them that it would say how many likes and dislikes a user has too. Or maybe this would be shown at the bottom of someone's post which would always be updated like avatars are.
Potentially cool. My SP forum has a like/dislike button system, though I used a public code for it designed for that forum system -- it can work well if used well.
OFFICIAL WIKI MODERATOR :D
My Fanfics | My Fanart | My Wiki Talk Page | My Inbox
Favorite Characters: Kenny and family, Stan, Wendy, Kevin Stoley, Mephestos, Tweek, Pip (RIP)
Favorite Episode: "The List" (s11e14)
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:10 am

Ike_ve wrote:The number at the notification icon gets cropped. Image
I get that too.

This post is about the off-topic forum, at least in the "Celebrity Death 2016" thread. I have not tried other forums/threads.

In the Death thread, I accidentally made a double post. No problem, I thought. I went to the second post and attempted to delete the post. No can do! An error message says: "You cannot delete posts in this forum."

Why is that, nall?

Thanks!
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:14 am

zzyzx 2 wrote:
Ike_ve wrote:The number at the notification icon gets cropped. Image
I get that too.

This post is about the off-topic forum, at least in the "Celebrity Deaths 2016" thread. I have not tried other forums/threads.

In the Death thread, I accidentally made a double post. No problem, I thought. I went to the second post and attempted to delete the post. No can do! An error message says: "You cannot delete posts in this forum."

Why is that, nall?

Thanks!
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:17 am

I tried a deliberate double post here in the Feedback forum in this thread. Then I remembered that one could NEVER delete a post in the Feedback forum. But note this:

In this Feedback forum, there is no option to "delete post." But in the Death thread, there is an option to "delete post," but when I try to use that option I get the error message that I can't delete posts there. Hmmmm........
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:23 pm

I tried editing your post and deleting it that way, but all it did is add the reason why the post should have been deleted, as well as telling me I can only delete my own posts. :P

When I read the thread though, one of the mod options is a red box with an x in it - I can click on that and delete posts that way, and that worked.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
jlanssie

Postby jlanssie » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:32 pm

I am experiencing some major issues with The South Park forum and website.

Firstly, are the videos still Flash? I get a lot of probs when streaming to my Chromecast. hmtl5-videos should stream better.

Secondly, I cannot acces the forum settings page for my user. The page just breaks. Also, nearly all icons in the buttons on the forum pages are broken.

Thirdly, this website is not mobile friendly.

If there is a budget, I would suggest remaking the frontend in a mobile friendly way and consider changing/updating the html by AMP. Also, your ads are easily blocked by Adblocker. Why don't you upload this to YouTube and have ads that cannot be blocked. It seems infinitely more intelligent and also makes your franchise available on YouTube. Which would be a plus, to say the least. Keeping everything strictly on Soutpark.com is bound to do more wrong than good, marketing-wise, and in the long run, financially too.

Return to “Feedback”