Adobe Flash

This is the feedback forum. Please use it to leave comments about features or anything else you would like seen added to Southparkstudios.com
onit996

Adobe Flash

Postby onit996 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:00 pm

Hi everyone

The flash plugin for browsers is necessary in order to watch any content on southpark.de

Wouldn't it be worthwhile to port the page from Flash to HTML? With todays standards, that would be a doable thing, though of course it wouldn't come without effort.

Pros would be:
More people could delete Adobe Flash, which is obsolete on smartphones anyway and poses a security threat to many other devices, see http://www.pcworld.com/article/2947312/ ... -data.html.
Southpark would be available on all devices (you would care about).

What do you guys think?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Adobe Flash

Postby Big-Will » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:38 pm

I thought the reason the videos work on mobile devices now is that they're not running on Flash. Or maybe it's Flash for computers and laptops, HTML5 for all other devices.

Flash always crashes on me when I move the progress bar often. If this happens just on this site, this site has a problem. If it happens on HULU as well, then HULU has the problem.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
nall
Site Admin

Re: Adobe Flash

Postby nall » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:13 pm

We are working to rollout support for HTML5-based mobile devices to all our International partners, but for the time being, you still need Flash for desktop viewing.

Return to “Feedback”