Switch languge on southpark.de

This is the feedback forum. Please use it to leave comments about features or anything else you would like seen added to Southparkstudios.com
shrike

Switch languge on southpark.de

Postby shrike » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:22 pm

Since your last change on southpark.de (the German version of southparkstudios.com) it is not possible to switch the language of the videos to English...
This is very frustrating, since the German translations are crappy and strange, if you are accustomed to the English voices of all the characters.

Please fix this and give us the option to switch to English back!

Furthermore why do I have to use the German website even though I am residing in Switzerland (which is not in Germany..)?
hahn.tarek

Re: Switch languge on southpark.de

Postby hahn.tarek » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:58 am

/Sign
bugs the hell out me too.
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:38 am

Fret not, for this option will return very soon.

Sincerely,
Your Loving Site Admin
karlosm

Postby karlosm » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:52 pm

Dear loving site admin,

I'm a serious web developer myself. I know all about that jazz with responsive designs, what goes into hosting a site like this, I know about people always complaining about changes to their user experience before getting used to it (and mostly more productive), deadline pressure, what it's like to try and keep the overview about things like this, blah blah blah. And even though it might seem like that I am not trying to marginalize what amounts of work went into the new design. IMHO it actuallöy looks like somebody gave an effort to make it work for almost everyone...

... as long as they speak the language of the country they are in.
WTF GUYS >.<?? Sorry, but I'd seriously like to know what on earth went through your mind to just be like "the needs of everyone who might not like their local version are not actually too critical a thing... lets just add that feature later."

All over the workld people complain about shitstorms when they change something. Mostly for the wrong reasons. But not taking concerns of a large minority of your audience serious anymore on that level... "... we now belive, that's poppycock." That about right? Try to watch that episode in german if you know both languages. Or try to translate a play on words like that in a mannor that makes sense. I know people in america or whereever these decisions are made, but the german dubs of maerican shows are generally very VERY VERY BAD. And especially for southpark (which used to have an excelent dub until roughly season 15) things have tumbled into a horrible, horrible decline to the point I am hardly able to stand it when it runs on actual TV.

Please don't tell me you didn't know. If america were twice as racist and ignorant as I sometimes believe it to be (which is probably still twice as much as would be actually accurate) I still belive that any team lager then, say, 10 people is going to have at least one guy there who is actually thinking an inch beyond what he needs to do in order to cash his check. Somebody must have been like "yeah, don't forget the multi-lingual streams. We have to be ready for that." So at a later point some body must have been like "nah, thats too much effort now. Lets do that later and just take a sh*t on a few million people out there for a few..." ... now that I notice it, days, weeks, months? Its not that hard to do, so if you haven't done it already it must be somewhere too low in your priority que. 'Cooming soon' is rather vague considering the impact on a sizable part of your audience. A little more clarification and transparancy would be very helpful in not feeling like somebody just told me to f*ck off when really all I wanted to do is watch an episode of my favorite show in the language that made it my favorite show. I really dont know how you could belive releasing a design with a bunch of unnecessary crap but lacking some of the most elementary features would be a professional thing to do.

So, I know that's probably not your personal fault. Or any single persons, but just a symbolic act towards the distributed portion of the dev team behind this crappy idea:
Would you please let that walking bowl of anus pus know that we are not happy? Well [...], I couldn't agree more: Our assh*le developer is a fat smelly douchebag milkshake.

Please hurry up and get this fixed. I'll be just as thankful as I am bummed out right now. But like this I feel as if I was dealing with my local cabel company.
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:24 am

karlosm wrote: WTF GUYS >.<?? Sorry, but I'd seriously like to know what on earth went through your mind to just be like "the needs of everyone who might not like their local version are not actually too critical a thing... lets just add that feature later."
I'm quite aware that 1/3 or so of the users to .de prefer to watch the show in English.

Unfortunately our deadline was moved up, and there was a problem that was noticed at the last minute which couldn't get resolved in time, something I'm sure any serious webdev has encountered. I worked late into the night to get it fixed for you guys, and the option to change audio streams was back less than two days after it disappeared.
stefan1108

Postby stefan1108 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:27 pm

U still cant switching languge.... :(

Return to “Feedback”