Since when do we have to have hulu!?

This is the feedback forum. Please use it to leave comments about features or anything else you would like seen added to Southparkstudios.com
Namea

Since when do we have to have hulu!?

Postby Namea » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:42 pm

It's been a while since I was able to access the site but this used to be my go-to place for watching South Park! I could put on a random episode or whatever episode I was thinking about and watch it with no issues.

Now all of a sudden I see that almost all of the episoded are now locked behind a hulu pay wall! Why did this happen? I miss the old SPS that had every episode except the newest season (which were released for a week after airing and then removed until a few weeks later.).

It kinda makes this site useless unless you want to watch one of the 30 available episodes...
Namea is currently out stalking Kenny. She will return shortly to await his next resurrection so that she may continue trying to win his affections.

I promise, I don't bite so feel free to drop me a line any time you want!
JamesPup

Re: Since when do we have to have hulu!?

Postby JamesPup » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:13 am

Namea wrote:It's been a while since I was able to access the site but this used to be my go-to place for watching South Park! I could put on a random episode or whatever episode I was thinking about and watch it with no issues.

Now all of a sudden I see that almost all of the episoded are now locked behind a hulu pay wall! Why did this happen? I miss the old SPS that had every episode except the newest season (which were released for a week after airing and then removed until a few weeks later.).

It kinda makes this site useless unless you want to watch one of the 30 available episodes...
Sorry Namea but somehow South Park sold out and is now letting Hulu run the episodes online through legal channels for them. It is that like I think there are 30 episodes or less as I forget but they are free and change like once a month or something. To watch all episodes of South Park you have to have a Hulu account and pay like $10 a month and with that you can watch all South Park as much as you like. Sorry but I guess Trey and Matt sold out their fans for some extra space cash.

I guess if you don't mind risking your pc to viruses than illegal sites to view South Park is for you.
What seems to be the officer problem?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:16 am

Namea wrote:I see that almost all of the episodes are now locked behind a hulu pay wall! Why did this happen? I miss the old SPS that had every episode except the newest season (which were released for a week after airing and then removed until a few weeks later.).
It happened two years ago with the June 24 announcement that South Park Studios had partnered with Hulu to stream the episodes. This meant a new Flash player. This took effect three months later at the start of Season 18. It happened because streaming the episodes had become more lucrative than watching them on TV, and Matt and Trey, as well as South Park Studios, wanted a piece of the action. 50% SPS/50% Hulu. MnT get a large chunk of the SPS share.

Now, new episodes are up for five weeks before they go behind the wall, and who knows when they'll be let out again for a week?

If you're a Hulu subscriber AMD a South Park fan, or if you don't mind parting with $8-$12/month, it's worth your while to have access to all the episodes (except Super Best Friends, 200, and 201. Not even Hulu got permission to stream those).
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Hemlock Stones

Postby Hemlock Stones » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:49 am

You said they are "out" 5 weeks before going behind the wall yet I can not watch them now, why is that ?
Last season it worked, this season it doesn't.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:23 pm

The first three episode for this season should still be available. If they're not, check to see if you can see ANY episodes. Some people who should be able to see a free episode are having trouble seeing any of them, and that's a site problem, not a viewer problem.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Return to “Feedback”