Why isn't season 11 and 12 remastered?

This is the feedback forum. Please use it to leave comments about features or anything else you would like seen added to Southparkstudios.com
mario88

Re: Why isn't season 11 and 12 remastered?

Postby mario88 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:21 am

ManBearChris wrote:
mario88 wrote:you would have to either stretch the image (ridiculous) or crop it (even worse, as you couldn't correct this on your screen). the episode born in 4:3 should just stay in that format.
But that's the thing, these episodes are cropped, and I don't want them to be. Stretching South Park would look, just... Awful.
they are not cropped. cropping means you cut part of the sides. if you see a 4:3 episode on a 16:9, it will have black bars on the sides. cropping is another thing.
He is the record!
ManBearChris

Postby ManBearChris » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:01 pm

Yeah there was a misunderstanding... I meant "zoomed in", but that crops off the top and bottom to fill out the sides.

Another example. Left - Southparkstudios. Right - Original 4:3 scenes. I can handle it, but I would definitely prefer 4:3 if it's just gonna zoom in unlike previous seasons:

I don't mean to sound rude or demanding, sorry if I'm coming off that way right now, but my question was just; why is this, and is there any way to get the original format on here?
mario88

Postby mario88 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:28 pm

you are not being rude imho. if anything, I was a bit rude in my first post. I guess I am a bit of an "extremist" when it comes to this stuff, I believe the past loses part of its fascination when we try to change it. but then again, that's simply my personal view of the matter.
He is the record!
mario88

Postby mario88 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:40 pm

I mean, I'm fine with remastering, I actually love it when they remaster stuff and I''ve tons of remastered HQ versions of anime of the '80ies and '90ies, but i personally only like it when they use the original films/drawings to make a blu-ray version of a movie/cartoon. I don't like it when they change the specs to adjust it to modern screens. I prefer the black bars, but then again, that's me.
He is the record!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:28 pm

ManBearChris wrote:is there any way to get the original format on here?
There is, but since HD reigns supreme now, it won't happen.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Return to “Feedback”