John's SP Fan Art

Post your own images of South Park, or whatever! Please keep posted images UNDER 30k!

Moderator: Big-Will

BRMBug

Re: John's Stuff ("South Park: Unleashed" & More)

Postby BRMBug » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:06 am

I am constantly amazed at the amount of detail you manage to fit in there merely using paint.
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:32 am

BRMBug wrote:I am constantly amazed at the amount of detail you manage to fit in there merely using paint.

Thank you, thank you! I always like to think I'm pretty skilled for someone who only uses just Paint.

Out-of-date list removed.
Last edited by JVM on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
JVM

Postby JVM » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:41 pm

I'm aware Stan lives next to Kenny on the right but I decided to post it as-is.

All five boys are there, but Kenny and Butters are cut off. But the important bits are there, so I'll leave it as is.

Removed images due to dead links.
Last edited by JVM on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:24 am

Redone version of the TFLOS page

New character model for Cartman, traced this time, much better.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:24 am

Are you using a mouse or a pad to do these?
JVM

Postby JVM » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:59 am

BRMBug wrote:Are you using a mouse or a pad to do these?

Always used a mouse! Never invested in much as far as add-ons go. We used to have a joystick somewhere but I don't know what happened to it. We didn't have any compatible games anyway.
JVM

Re: John's SP Fan Art

Postby JVM » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:16 am

I still draw but I've been again going through a cycle of redoing all my old character sheets, and I'm pretty much dead on location work, which has made new art worth showing kind of rare. I cheat a little with Paint.Net sometimes though :P

Here's an example of something fairly recent, with new models for Randy, Sharon and Marvin. The background is still pretty old and crappy though so the scale is all off.
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:12 am

JVM wrote:FULL VERSION

All hand-drawn or traced except the logo on Stuart's hat and Professor Chaos' helmet texture. I know a few of them, especially Jesus, look wonky - I plan on refurbishing those soon.
This one's an eternity out of date, but apparently if you search 'south park characters' on Google it's on page 1... I've seen it used as a cover for fanfics on FFN and today during a presentation at my University on media analysis, someone used it in their presentation. Pretty cool!

And here's a DVD site that stole another piece of artwork I made :)
Nicovic

Postby Nicovic » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:18 pm

Very nice job ! Your arts looks almost like in the show ! I personally prefer drawing SP characters in my style than making it look like in real tv show style. How much times it takes to do pictures like this?
Deaf South Park fan. :) Feel free to make friend with me, I won't bite. :)
JVM

Postby JVM » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:49 am

Nicovic wrote:Very nice job ! Your arts looks almost like in the show ! I personally prefer drawing SP characters in my style than making it look like in real tv show style. How much times it takes to do pictures like this?
Thank you! It depends on what I'm trying to do - I recently added Dr. Gouache, Principal Victoria, and the old blonde reporter Chris to my library, and they were pretty easy, as old school characters only use a couple shapes and colors. Those'll take under thirty minutes max. Backgrounds are super difficult and I've almost never completed one in a single sitting. Certain complex characters like Darryl Weathers can take a lot longer, and on rare occasions, I retain the original background instead of recoloring, when the texture is very fine - another example is Tammy Warner's hair.

I've recently started using Gimp to do color indexing before I switch back to Paint to finish the recolor. :) This is a decent strategy for characters, but still tricky with backgrounds!
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:21 am

Massive image (click here) with dozens of kids from the show's history, based on a planned fanfic I keep pushing back in favor of other projects.
JVM

Postby JVM » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:27 am

Nothing new -- this is actually from five or so years ago, believe it or not!

I was an old school Heidi/Cartman fan and wanted to see them together forever, but I let people dissuade me from shipping it and my lack of dedication to that part of the fandom, and an assumption it was too unlikely (heh) made me drop the angle.

And a little piece I did for Election Day. I didn't have a good model for the new S20 version of Secretary Clinton, and I had to give Garrison a full tan instead of a partial, and it's the oldest version of Skeeter's Bar but it's been a hell of a semester.
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:00 am

I’ve been staying away from art lately, but have a simple Mephesto family portrait.
Hannafechik98

Postby Hannafechik98 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:11 am

I have a question for you JVM. Do take fan art requests?

Return to “Fan Art”