The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

zzyzx 2

Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Postby zzyzx 2 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:28 am

A long time ago, on a street corner far away. Left to Right:

Han Solo, Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker, R2-D2

JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:13 am

Logan film Review

Spoiler Alert

I saw the film Logan an it was good. I have to say it was kind of confusing to me and I was lost during it with some of the details. I had to take a big piss as I had 8 beers before too. So what I missed but found out later after reading the Wiki was this:

• I got the year the film takes place wrong. I swear it was tough to understand some of the conversations between characters at times for me. Also when Xavier died he says something as his last words and I missed that so I have to see the movie again just to know what that was.
• I remembered that Xavier had killed people in a psychic attack by accident but I didn’t know he had killed several X-Men.

Now to just say what I didn’t like.

• The movie had the Reavers which I liked but there was like only two that I saw. They are suppose to be cyborgs. I wish more money would have gone in to have had more of them and with more than just a robot arm. Like the guy with tank legs would have made the movie so much better.
• The name of the company that are the bad guys is “Transigen” which is too LGBTQ for me.
• The ending has it that many of the kids that were part of the Transigen program got help escaping. What I didn’t like was that they were to live all alone in like Canada by sneaking in there. The ending seemed silly. Plus all the kids were kind of weak although a few were able to kill some people which was nice. I think the movie could have just been about Laura surviving but what they did was okay. Still it seemed strange preteen mutants would be able to live without help in Canada.
• The big bad guy is a Logan clone called X24. This character is kind of stupid and I don’t think it was that needed. It was like a younger Logan but Transigen put a camera eye in his head and so I guess other sh*t. I think X24 should have just died at the farm. There should have been many more Reavers and they should have had a way to level the playing field against Logan and Laura. Like new weapons and cool robot body parts other than arms and teamwork.
• There were X-Men comic books in the movie, like people used to read them about the X-Men which was okay I guess but seemed not that needed. I guess I didn’t like the running away to Eden and Canada plot too much.
• There was like this go go juice that heals mutants and so they use it to boost Logan at the end. I think that they didn’t need this stuff kind of. I think they should have had one of the kids on the team be a healer instead.
• None of the kids at the end of the movie get killed. I think it would have been dark to see a few die and better. Like the healer kid I made up could have saved like two of them and then the healer was killed. Later maybe two other kids could have died. I realize they did put a lot of time into the ending though.

As to what I liked

• The beginning sneak peek was fun which was to Deadpool 2. It was of Deadpool and had Stan Lee need his help from getting mugged. Though it put in into the wrong mood.
• The beginning of the movie was great. I found it emotional to see Xavier so weak and senile. Seeing Logan aging was refreshing but also sad.
• Laura was a treat to watch. Her fighting and killing people was perfect. When Logan finally went to save her as he didn't want anything to do with her but then realizes she is like him, that had me choke up actually. I felt like such a pussy.
• The violence in the movie was done well and it was something else to see either Logan or Laura cut peoples heads off and mutilate people.
• At the abandoned plant in the beginning, seeing Logan and Laura kill was great but it seemed silly kind of that people would think they could fight two Wolverines with basically guns. Still it was nice.
• Xavier was acted out real well. It was hard to see the father of the X-Men a broken man. Patrick Stewart did a fantastic job. Seeing him in an emotional ruin made me sympathize with him and it put me rate into the same state. The start out of the movie was amazing. The ending fell flat with X24 showing up and the future turn out.
• I liked that Logan died. Not what I would have expected.

All in all I did like the movie and would like to see it again some time. As a rating I guess it should get a B+ or A- type of rating as the murders in the movie are wicked. It was a real sweet father daughter movie but with gore. It had me cry a little seeing Wolverine be all dad like in the beginning with Xavier all out of it and saving Laura. I think the movie fell flat with the stupid X24 character. If they wanted one he should have died at the farm and been shot in the head there with the adamantium bullet. And there should have been many other different Reavers to fight with weapons that could beat the two Wolverines like I had stated.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Wed May 24, 2017 11:35 pm

I just bought tickets to the Sacramento Wizard World Comic Con for this June 17th. The celebs going is not the best I would say but I want to go anyways. There will be Michael Rooker, Sean Gunn, and Sandy Fox are the big names so far that are hooking me to going. I hope they add at least one big named celeb from a TV show or movie that I love! Has anyone else been to a Wizard World Comic Con this year? I went to last years and it was cool. I expect to do the same thing and just drink lots of beer and eat nachos. I hope there are even more games available there to play. If I was able to ask for a request, it would be for one of these South Park exhibits to be there. I'm sure there will be almost no room now but there still may be somewhere to squeeze that stuff in.

Also, I have had it with my iPhone 4. I need a new phone as mine has an outdated iOS and so I can't use any of the apps I want. I miss youtube and the news apps I used to have. I'm surviving on google news and the BBC. Google app works too but its not as good as bing. I can cheat and access youtube videos using google app but it is buggy and I can access other news sites that way too. I will be buying the iPhone 8 this September. I think I want to get a "pure white" iPhone 8 Plus or whatever the most expensive one will be called as I've heard differing names. I will buy a nice case for it, like a midnight blue leather one sounds right. I thought about the wallet cases but I just don't feel comfortable holding my wallet and phone in one hand. Sometimes I'm on my phone for an hour and it would feel awkward to have my wallet also out that long.
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Sat May 27, 2017 8:00 pm

You still have an iPhone 4? Damn are you living in the 1800's :lol: honestly it feels so long ago. I've always had Samsung phones though, specifically the Galaxy S series. My first touch screen phone was the regular Galaxy S, but it completely stopped working one day, so I got the S3 which had just come out, and a few years later it was slow, buggy, and always got hot as hell so I got myself a Galaxy S6. I'm pretty sure the Galaxy S8 is out now though. Once this one breaks down, I'll just be getting the newest Galaxy phone. I'm too comfortable with them. So far I've only had three phones then, unlike a lot of people I know who's probably had every new iPhone.
THERE'S NO SAND IN MY VAGINA!!!
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Mon May 29, 2017 9:21 pm

So, Tiger Woods got a DUI last night. Man, he has had a lousy last couple of years. He is now more know for having surgeries and not playing golf well than anything else. I almost think someone should reach out to him who is appropriate to do so. I am worried Tiger is addicted to opioids, he keeps getting surgeries and must be taking pain killers. Its like Tiger is prostituting himself out to the scalpel to get a fix. Its known to be a tough ride when a master of a trade loses their craft and that is Tiger all over. Tiger may kill himself from an overdose today or in the up and coming days.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:52 am

So... I have a bee problem. At my apartment, there is a stairway that leads to my apartment and my neighbors. So there is a little balcony there too. The thing is that the stairway is outside and bees are making a beehive in the walls of my neighbors apartment. There are holes in between the roof and the wood siding of the building. So what looks like honeybees are making this nest and now I can see parts of the nest. There are always like a dozen bees in that area now and they are building there. I even saw a queen bee the other day. I am worried of getting stung by them. What if they are African killer bees. What if something I did set them off and they attacked me? I told the management by phone and told a maintenance guy too. I wish they would just come and kill them all and soon.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:15 am

I had a fun day today. I went to Top Golf. Its a place where they have a three decker driving range and a sports bar. I hadn't used a driver in like 20 years, so I sucked at first. My first 10 shots were all slices. My last 10 were nice shots. I was hitting around 200 yards and more. The golf game I played, has there be these mounds, that if you hit the ball on the mound, than you get points. I hit one shot that looked like it could have gone over 250 yards but the backdrop net stopped it, which is like rate at 200 yards. My arms and hands are sore. The food could be better, like with adding in steak and some real dinners. I ate a quesadilla and some tater tots, still it was good. I think I will start to go there like once a month. Its only $25 for an hour in the mornings but the price doubles as the day goes on.
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:47 am

Made some new enemies.

Return to “Hot Topics”