A "how do you feel?" thread

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

BRMBug

Re: A "how do you feel?" thread

Postby BRMBug » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:50 am

Nah, it was a one time thing. It was 2 shots directly to the area in my spine that's inflamed. The doctor said he doesn't like to do more than 2 at a time, and depending on how I am when I see him in a week I may or may not need a third. (jeez I hope not) I'm still taking Hydrocodone on top of an anti inflammatory and another medicine that's supposed to help with nerve pain. They're all helping marginally. Without them I'd be in a hell of a lot more pain. I still have trouble sleeping. I only get 2 or 3 hrs before I start aching & wake up. But at least it's an ache and not sharp pain like before the shots. Even now, I'm sitting in a booth in a Denny's & nothing's bothering me much. My back just feels a little tight. But I have a crick in my neck from sleeping on my side that's more painful than my back is at the moment.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:47 pm

Whelp, I seem to have re-injured myself. Don't know how. I spent a day & a half in bed sleeping, then got up & got in the car to go get something to eat. While I was driving, my leg started hurting like never before. I felt like I had been kneecapped, then the pain started shooting up my thigh, like I had been stabbed & someone pulled the knife up though my thigh. I had to pull off the road and recline in the seat. After resting up a bit, I was able to make it home, but I spent about 20 hrs awake & writhing in pain. I almost considered going to the hospital, but I don't think there's much they could've done for me there. When I have slept, it's been in 1 or 2 hr. bursts. Over the past few days, it's gotten slightly better. I got 5 whole hrs once. I don't know what's happening, or where this thing is going.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:19 am

So BRMBug how did you hurt yourself again? It is very strange for you to have this much pain and for so long. If its been a month I think you need surgery. I would say to do what your doctors feel is the best option and what will give you the best future use out of your back and body. Have you had your blood checked yet to see if you have the right nutritional intake? I think you may be low in Vitamin D and Calcium. Being low in those can et you hurt. You should really stop as much mobility until your back is better.

So what about your job and stuff? Also you should have your family helping you and giving you advise. I'd just agree with you doctor by now and do what ever to fix this. Also make sure not to hurt yourself again. Whatever you did you should avoid that for the rest of your life.
What seems to be the officer problem?
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Most can be answered here: https://youtu.be/4QYWvGEZNyM

As far as the job, i'm on medical leave of absence. My insurance through them is still valid as long as I keep paying for it. There's a sort of trust thing set up to help cover that as part of my signing up through work, so I'm good for a while.

Of course, this had to happen before a holiday weekend. Sometimes I feel like I'm not getting the best medical care I could be getting through these people.

Last night/this morning was bad too. I almost decided to go to the hospital, the pain was so bad. I took a few more pain pills, and the pain tapered off enough that I was able to get some more sleep. I really hate doing that, but it's becoming impossible to find a position to get into that doesn't hurt.

I wish I could go float around in the pool over at NorthLake college again. That ws fun & felt good, but I can barely make it down the hall at the moment.

Update: I was sitting up and realized that nothing was hurting ATM. I took advantage of it, and took a shower/bath. I have a 5gal. bucket i've turned over and thrown a towel over to use as a shower seat. lol. Man, I feel awesome right now. Still a bit sore & tingly, but at least I'm clean. No idea of how bad I may have smelled beforehand, as I'm still battling this fvcking headcold. But my ears did pop today, so I'm hoping it's all over soon.
Starving_Marvin

Postby Starving_Marvin » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:00 am

Actually not bad, thanks! :D
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:32 pm

I am feeling much better but all Saturday I was so hung over. I had been at a baseball game Friday night and I had so much to drink I blacked out terribly. I am happy I wasn't arrested or something. I guess I had like 16 beers or more.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:24 am

Anxious. Depressed. About ready to get up and walk out of here. I hope it's not humid anymore.

Stupid crap triggers this.
Stan and Kyle :)
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:18 am

Man, I am wiped out rate now. I didn't get sleep last night and had a big exam today but got like an 101% on the exam. So now for my Political Science class all I have to do is submit an essay that I know I already have a B on but I can edit it to make it better but still if I submit it rate now I will have an A in the class.

So rate now I have like 24 days off with jack sh*t to do. I am drunk and tired. Is life really this boring for everyone? :?
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:51 am

Nostalgic for being here again. Happy that the last ep was so good.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:15 am

Mamont wrote:Nostalgic for being here again. Happy that the last ep was so good.
Hey Mamont, its been a long time. So what are you up to? I'm still in college. Looks like I have to stay at my community college until the end of 2017 to get a Business degree so I can get better into accounting classes at Sacramento State University. So I may be done with college by the end of 2019.

At college there was this Hispanic man who was walking around with a cigar and sitting down by women and masturbating in front of them. I have his picture as a police crime report was sent to all students. The story is not in the news rate now though. It makes me think the guy was joking on Bill Clinton or something as it happened like an hour before the presidential debate yesterday on Monday. No one was hurt luckily.

So are you still in that band and how is that tooth you needed fixed? Any crazy stories that have happened and are you still at the beer brewery?
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:22 pm

JamesPup wrote:So are you still in that band and how is that tooth you needed fixed? Any crazy stories that have happened and are you still at the beer brewery?
Yeah, I'm still in the band. We're working on new songs... slowly.
My tooth hasn't been fixed because I'm a lazy piece of sh*t. Every now and then I tell myself "I have to do it. The sooner the better". Ugh, it's been almost a year now...
Crazy stories from the brewery? Hmmm, can't think of anything crazy... We expanded the business, made a shitload of new beers. It's going pretty well for us.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:29 pm

Based on a quiz I took, extreme depression. I would agree. Not the kind that would hospitalize me, but it's really unpleasant. Might be seasonal.

Also lightheaded. I think this is allergy related.
Stan and Kyle :)
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:00 am

I'm feeling good. Woot!
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:05 am

GeminiShamrock wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:00 am
I'm feeling good. Woot!
Me as well :)

Return to “Hot Topics”