NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

triplemultiplex

Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:42 am

Aw yeah, my team competes for the National League pennant starting Friday!
Milwaukee has assembled a bullpen that strains adjectives. They have been so lights-out, it's unbelievable. It's propelled the Brewers to and 11 game winning streak and the first playoff sweep in franchise history. (Sorry 'bout that Colorado. ;) )
Bring on the Dodgers! See if they can match our schtoyle.

You read it! You can't unread it!
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:53 am

It got close but the Red Sox won their series, next will be playing the Houston Astros in the American League Championship. I was the most worried about the Yankees. I know the Astros won last year and so that does make them a hard team to beat, I know the Red Sox playing the Yankees is a tough one to win too. I will say that the National league looks easier to play against for whoever wins the American League. It is like impossible to win two World series back to back so I think that is a big message that Houston will not be able to win. The Red Sox just need to stay healthy and keep playing amazing.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:23 pm

JamesPolo wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:53 am
It got close but the Red Sox won their series, next will be playing the Houston Astros in the American League Championship. I was the most worried about the Yankees. I know the Astros won last year and so that does make them a hard team to beat, I know the Red Sox playing the Yankees is a tough one to win too.
The 'stros are stacked. They're a much better team than the Yankees. That should be an entertaining series.
JamesPolo wrote:
I will say that the National league looks easier to play against for whoever wins the American League.
It's easier load up on bats when you play "baseball lite" like they do in the AL. (F the DH!! Real baseball 4-evah!)
JamesPolo wrote:
It is like impossible to win two World series back to back so I think that is a big message that Houston will not be able to win. The Red Sox just need to stay healthy and keep playing amazing.
It is super hard. We've had a number of repeat appearances in recent years, but no champs holding onto the crown.
There's a lot more parity in baseball than there was 15-20 years ago due in large part to the influence of sabermetrics. Gone are the days where the Yankees could just buy up all the free agent talent with their enormous bankroll and expect to win. It's a good thing for the sport. We've had more first time champs since 2001 than there was over the equivalent time period before 2001.

JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:21 pm

Well the Boston Red Sox had a terrible game yesterday with the first game of the series against the Houston Astros. If the Red Sox lose tonight then they are out of the series I will say. They have been walking and hitting batters like crazy and not hitting the ball.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:45 am

The Sox seem to have gotten their sh*t together.
My Brewers, though, are limping into game 6.

JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:30 am

triplemultiplex wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:45 am
The Sox seem to have gotten their sh*t together.
My Brewers, though, are limping into game 6.
Sorry to hear about the Brewers, I was hoping to see them play the Red Sox in the World Series. I have been as shocked as everyone else that the Red Sox did it the way they did. The game with Sale they lose and two games with Price they win. Also the All Star players were hitting average and the average or less players were hitting like All Stars. It was a crazy series that no one had it like it played out. JBJ hit amazing and came through when needed and Devers did tonight. I hope Milwaukee wins but we'll be ready for whoever makes it.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:26 am

The Red Sox won The World Series of 2018!!!

The Sox dominated the series. There was the game the Dodgers won but that went like 7 hours and 18 innings.

I wish the Red Sox had won the game at home but they had that in 2013.

I know the team will not be where it was this season next year but they will still be good.

I want to keep most of the players now as so many came alive and made sure we won this last series.

Return to “Hot Topics”