The Thread That Must Not Be Named

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

O'Brien

Postby O'Brien » Thu May 10, 2007 8:52 pm

I feel stupid from not remembering to get money for lunch today, and now I must starve to death. :P

Every step back a step foward.
Every failure an extra opportunity for success.
Every day of defeat a victory!
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Thu May 10, 2007 10:15 pm

Anyone like to comment on what i actually asked, in my vain attempt to resurect this dead forum? (the creationism bit). No?
By the way, why eat chinese food when you could have Chedder- it comes from the kingdom of G-d's people... England!
By the way again, never thought PLK forced his oppinions down other people's throats... that much... compared to Kyle The Skeptic (don't get me wrong, i'm ok with them both, even if they are oppinionated a--holes... a bit like me, when i'm fully fuled).
Also by the way, did you see what i've done? I've posted in Dark blue, not blue! Ha, ha, ha,ha, ha! Feel my cheesy and totally unfunny joke rip you to shreads! Ha!
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Thu May 10, 2007 10:20 pm

SuperMaids wrote:By the way, why eat chinese food when you could have Chedder- it comes from the kingdom of G-d's people... England!

If England is the kingdom of "god's" people, I'm f*cking emigrating.
Email notifications do matter, people.
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Thu May 10, 2007 10:54 pm

SuperMaids wrote:
Anyone like to comment on what i actually asked, in my vain attempt to resurect this dead forum? (the creationism bit). No?
By the way, why eat chinese food when you could have Chedder- it comes from the kingdom of G-d's people... England!
By the way again, never thought PLK forced his oppinions down other people's throats... that much... compared to Kyle The Skeptic (don't get me wrong, i'm ok with them both, even if they are oppinionated a--holes... a bit like me, when i'm fully fuled).
Also by the way, did you see what i've done? I've posted in Dark blue, not blue! Ha, ha, ha,ha, ha! Feel my cheesy and totally unfunny joke rip you to shreads! Ha!

Hey, do you know what I think?

I think that you are actually plk12345.

Especially since he uses the censor "G-d" instead of writing "God".

Kyle did not shove his opinion down anyone's throat on that thread.

plk12345 is a homogay.

Your jokes are not funny.

They are annoying.

You should either stop trying to make yourself look cool by being a douchebag or stop posting.

Choose one.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Thu May 10, 2007 11:09 pm

Nommel wrote:
SuperMaids wrote:

Hey, do you know what I think?

I think that you are actually plk12345.

Especially since he uses the censor "G-d" instead of writing "God".

Kyle did not shove his opinion down anyone's throat on that thread.

plk12345 is a homogay.

Your jokes are not funny.

They are annoying.

You should either stop trying to make yourself look cool by being a douchebag or stop posting.

Choose one.

I actually agree with you, Nommel. Why else would someone come along to divert the discussion away from trolls when we start to discuss the trolliest of trolls, plk?
Email notifications do matter, people.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Thu May 10, 2007 11:37 pm

SuperMaids wrote:By the way again, never thought PLK forced his oppinions down other people's throats... that much... compared to Kyle The Skeptic (don't get me wrong, i'm ok with them both, even if they are oppinionated a--holes... a bit like me, when i'm fully fuled).

Show me ONE example of when I tried to shove opinions down other people's throats. Explaining one's position or attempting to reason with people is not the same as imposing a viewpoint or telling people what to think.

Did you even read what I said in the creationism thread? I said that creationism should be taught in elective courses on comparative religion.

You referred to me several times as a fundamentalist atheist. Do you have any idea how to make that distinction? Have I ever called for the destruction of religion, or the forcible deconversion of believers? Did I ever frame my viewpoints as superior to other people's beliefs and expect my word to be taken for it? Have I ever once advocated militance or expressed any revolutionary / anarchistic sentiments?

I said that religiosity, in terms of dogmatism, blind traditionalism, religious bigotry, and literalism, ought to be done away with, for the reason that it hinders understanding and progress. This is a sentiment of reform similar to what Jesus himself believed, not of destruction.

Also, there's something you and people like M00n need to realize when you attempt to impose your political correctness on religious discussions. Most, if not all people, are very passionate about religion, regardless of their specific beliefs, and will want to weigh in on what amounts to the most controversial subject in the world. It is precisely the lack of open dialogue on religion today that results in misunderstandings and intolerance.
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Fri May 11, 2007 8:55 pm

Sorry if i offended anybody, i don't want to be flamed! Please don't flame me, i'm not PLK, i just don't find a thread desdicated to flaming so called 'trolls' a thread in good taste, especially when i'vew never seen these 'trolls' try to force their oppinions down others throats overtly, just differ from others oppinions a bit.
Sorry about my comments to KTS, you don't deserve it. I just thought some of your fanfic is a bit full of messages.
And im quite offended that you think nobody would ever believe anything PLK said, ever, just because he's religious. I know he's said some stupid stuff on here in the past, but we're all stupid in some way or another.
nojo

Postby nojo » Fri May 11, 2007 9:05 pm

SuperMaids wrote:i just don't find a thread desdicated to flaming so called 'trolls' a thread in good taste, especially when i'vew never seen these 'trolls' try to force their oppinions down others throats overtly, just differ from others oppinions a bit.

That's my thread yer talkin' about, mister...

But if you'd like the history, review this thread itself, and search for the adventures of "NotAFanBoy" for a counter-example to your supposition. If differing from opinions "a bit" includes Hitler-admiring white-supremacy, then there's not much I can do for you.
Troll Whisperer
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Fri May 11, 2007 9:10 pm

geez, seems like i can't even go to one thread without my name written :lol:

hey kts, retard, give me an example when i try to "force my beliefs down others throats"
wait, i already know whats going to be said before you say it...

im not supermaids
Last edited by plk12345 on Fri May 11, 2007 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nojo

Postby nojo » Fri May 11, 2007 9:12 pm

plk12345 wrote:hey kts, retard, give me an example

Makes its own soup, doesn't it?
Troll Whisperer
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Fri May 11, 2007 9:18 pm

nojo wrote:
plk12345 wrote:hey kts, retard, give me an example

Makes its own soup, doesn't it?

i like soup
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Fri May 11, 2007 9:58 pm

O'Brien wrote:Oh well, at least plk is easy to defeat in a debate. :D

uh huh :roll:
O'Brien

Postby O'Brien » Fri May 11, 2007 10:03 pm

plk12345 wrote:uh huh :roll:

You mean you've won one before? Where? Where? :shock:

Every step back a step foward.
Every failure an extra opportunity for success.
Every day of defeat a victory!
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Fri May 11, 2007 10:11 pm

>http://freethought.mbdojo.com/foundingfathers.html

well kts, you easily posted a militant atheist site. i could post a fundamentalist site right now with other quotes :lol:
Last edited by plk12345 on Sat May 12, 2007 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Fri May 11, 2007 10:38 pm

OK, i can see what you guys mean about PLK now... he can be a bit forceful. But KTS can be too, especially when it comes to messages in his fanfic (examples include the Athiest section of Hell in Kyle Must Die) that always seem to relate to religion in some way or other (not that i'm disresepcting his writing style, it's far better than mine and i did love some of his less 'philosophical' stories). And when the rest of you refuse to answer the guy's simple request that you actually tell him WHAT HE DID WRONG (hey kts, retard, give me an example) it makes you just as bad as he is; maybee if you told him what he did wrong, he'd change? Just maybee?
I must restate my oppinion to Nojo, that any thread that simply exists to post hate mail about one member (in this case, and at this point in the thread, that member is PLK, who as far as i'm concerned is being persecuted for A) being a concieted idiot who can't word himself well and B) because he has different beliefes to the rest of you) is just plain wrong, unless the guy's doing something agaist forum rules or has been a total jerk.
I don't admire Hitler's supremicist policies, only his skills in turning a perfectly rational people into a bloodthirsty mob; but i still haven't found any posts of HIS that actually say anything racist. Can anyone actually give examples, or were you making it all up? Or does a support of a religion that includes some racist members among it's many millions make him a supremicist (not meaning to sound too much of an ass-face here).
And never say that someone can't support the opposition without actually being him, it makes you look a little ! No mean to be insulting here, but you should acknowledge that maybee you're not always a member of the total majority in a debate (even if you are right).
But besides that, Please, just admit that you can both be wrong, in some respects, and make the peace. No more flaming, huh guys?

Return to “Hot Topics”