Trollbusters!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

COOKY36

Postby COOKY36 » Sun May 07, 2006 4:46 am

Yeah, but the origional Idea of this thread and your previous thread "The thread that must not be named" of allowing those posters who love to rage against certain troll. It was a good idea till it was discovered. Has he hijacked any other threads beside WW3 ? or his zionist thread kebt him busy. I enjoy and agree with most of the responses. By the way, what is the shortest time a thraed lasted till it was locked?
opinions are like *ssholes, everyone has one and all i've checked stink. and i checked alot
nojo

Postby nojo » Sun May 07, 2006 5:02 am

My own take is that one thread should be allowed to fester in Off-Topic, where it can serve as a one-stop cesspool of Nottyrama without disturbing the fine folks who visit the site just looking for a little fun.

In that respect, Notty crashing the thread is a good thing: Keeps the contagion in-house.

It's not a perfect solution -- there's no avoiding the fact that Notty sets fires elsewhere. But the presence of a semi-official Notty-bashing thread in Off-Topic helps keep the board tidy, by discouraging similar threads from being started.

Theory of Mod aside, the shortest life of a Notty thread has to be a matter of minutes -- especially when he was posting "protest" threads after the original (Classic Notty?) got locked. Big Will was not pleased that night.
Troll Whisperer
COOKY36

Postby COOKY36 » Sun May 07, 2006 5:21 am

What do you think would be, a thread with a cryptic name or one with a name that the troll busters would know?
I would start one except for three fact
(1) those of you who do the most troll busting deserve the right
(2) i start crappy threads
(3) ijust like to watch
opinions are like *ssholes, everyone has one and all i've checked stink. and i checked alot
nojo

Postby nojo » Sun May 07, 2006 5:45 am

I do fall prey to cryptic names myself, of course -- the first thread I started was a joke about the original locked thread, and "Trollbusters" was a reply to critics who think (correctly) that the best response to a troll is no response.

This late in the game, Notty's novelty has long since worn off -- we all know who he is by now, and what he says. There's no point in me starting Yet Another Notty Thread, since I've already started two and there's not much else I can say about him. Even if I did, it also runs the risk of becoming too popular for its own good, and getting promoted to the Indiana Jones Warehouse of Hot Topics.

Of course, if someone else wants to start fresh, that's fine with me, and it probably should be called something like "The Official NAFB Thread", just for clarity. But aside from my ongoing Interpretive Dance and other drive-bys, I'm going to try to resist temptation.

Not that I've shown much strength so far...
Troll Whisperer
COOKY36

Postby COOKY36 » Mon May 08, 2006 9:49 pm

DING-DONG THE TROLL IS DEAD!!!!
sorry to yell but. Big will has kicked NAFB off... again.
it's been over week since Hess has posted
are there any other trolls out there to laugh at (post duplicated at Thread that dare not speak it name)
nojo

Postby nojo » Mon May 08, 2006 9:57 pm

I'm not popping the cork just yet -- Notty did post Monday morning, so I'm not sure he's entirely gone.

I did notice a brief Notty thread on Sunday that Big Will or someone quickly deleted. When Notty didn't start three protest threads in response, I thought he might indeed be dearly departed.

So, we'll see whether my Interpretive Dance remains unfinished, for lack of inspiration. Haven't even got the gerbils on stage yet.
Troll Whisperer
COOKY36

Postby COOKY36 » Mon May 08, 2006 10:13 pm

Well like you implied before Notty (i guess thats his current nickname) is like a weed you think he's gone then he pops up again. there must be more trolls on this sight to bust?
Dance on... Dance on
EDIt: this thread is getting to be more of a chat. any one else out there?!
nojo

Postby nojo » Mon May 08, 2006 10:24 pm

Other than Notty and Hess (who does seem MIA at the moment), the other trolls I've seen aren't really worth much attention. There's the crabby kid, who lacks creativity, and the occasional spambot, which takes all the fun out of it.

We do have our standards here, after all. We only bash the best trolls.
Troll Whisperer
NotAFanBoy

Postby NotAFanBoy » Tue May 09, 2006 1:43 am

nojo wrote:there's no avoiding the fact that Notty sets fires elsewhere

Where were you on the 4th of july last year?
aristottlesdeathwish

Postby aristottlesdeathwish » Tue May 09, 2006 4:09 am

GOD DAMN IT! Hes back with more zionist bull crap. We get the point, jews control everything blah blah blah. Now will you PLEASE go away or start a conversation that has nothing to do with white power or what ever. Its kind of creepin and getting old.
"When you do something right, no one knows you have done anything at all"=Futurama
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Tue May 09, 2006 4:42 am

This has to stop. Two threads dedicated to NAFB (this one and "the thread that must not be named") are in the hot topic section. We need to stop arguing with him and get on with our lives. I know I've argued with him myself and I'm just bumping this thread up by saying this but we just have to stop wasting our time. Don't feed the troll and he'll starve. I hope this will be the last post of this thread but somehow, I doubt that... And before you start complaining about us "opressing you" and "censoring you", just stop typing because we all know this thread hasn't been going anywhere since the day it was made.
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
aristottlesdeathwish

Postby aristottlesdeathwish » Tue May 09, 2006 4:50 am

Your right, we should just ignore it now. All hes doing is playing the same sad song in every post. I will do my up most to keep my fingers stifled
"When you do something right, no one knows you have done anything at all"=Futurama
Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Fri May 19, 2006 2:36 am

I think NAFB has left the building.

And BTW NAFB this is your cue to jump in and start debating again, because I am so f*cking bored!!!!!
nojo

Postby nojo » Fri May 19, 2006 2:50 am

May 9 is his last post, with a great exit line: "pride is gay".
Troll Whisperer
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Fri May 19, 2006 3:48 am

And yet you continue to talk about him? Wasn't the whole point of this thread to get rid of him? Well he's gone, I think this thread can die now.

Return to “Hot Topics”