What's up?

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Unassumption

Re: What's up?

Postby Unassumption » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:30 pm

like all the keyboards in all the schools in the world?

Getting drunk while writing an essay on alcohol dehydrogenase enzymes in yest and mammal livers

Also, watched the Faraday Christmas lectures even though they're aimed at kids
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:17 am

19-1/2 hours.
A lot of horrible food including muffins and pizza.

I'm not gonna be able to poop for a week... If i'm ever awake during that time.
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:32 am

I'm in shock. I just learned that one of the old buddies from high school joined the Aryan Brotherhood. I even saw a few pictures of him on Facebook.

I don't know how I feel about this. It's very surreal for me. :( :oops:
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:05 pm

...I can't top or even match that.

Oh, well... I'm changing jobs sort of. leaving sales in Components for merchandising in Appliances & Telecom. The pos. Is between manager and entry level merch, so the pay is near what I was making at sales. I just suck so hard at it. Its mostly failing to hit the numbers they want.me to that's the problem.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:42 pm

Just packed up college for the holidays, not that it means much when you're living at home to go there and you have to revise for exams in January (the first time that's ever happened for me).
I got a chance to re-watch all the south park from the last few weeks though!
Been watchinga series of videos on evolution, to help me revise.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:20 am

OH MY FUCKING GOD WHAT NEXT!
Just got back from Aunt Mary's. I had an extra day off work, so I decided to finally take a load of furniture back. I get there and find that there's still a mouse problem, and one of the pipes froze and burst. luckily it was A) in the bathroom closet where the water heater used to be, B) in an section of pipe that was easily accessible, and C) recent enough that there wasn't a whole lot of damage. Also there was still plent of water in the cistern. I spent most of yesterday trying to fix it. And of course my gastro-intestinal tract decides to go into overdrive at the same time, which made using the toilet with no running water all the more fun. No, not fun. What's that thing called again? Oh yes, a living hell.
Well, at least I was able to make a trash run, and get some stuff rearranged in the house. I also had to clean out the fridge. It decided to go half-retard on me, and warm up (in the middle of effing winter) and defrost everything in the freezer. Freezer pops and cold paks are fine, it's the meat that had me worried. I even found milk in the fridge, and I thought I had gotten rid of anythng that could spoil like that long ago. Anyway, I got it readjusted and running fine again. I hope it was just a setting issue, and not that it's going out on me.
There's more, but I'll write about that later. I'm f*cking wiped out here.
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:51 pm

Friday night and I'm home... All of my friends are either home or out of town. I'm tired anyway. It's been a long week. Now I'm just browsing while listening to Nyan Cat. Good times!
Milo Vonnegut 3

Postby Milo Vonnegut 3 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:01 pm

I'm going to stay at my aunts place for Christmas. For some reason, I am not in the Christmas spirit this year. Nor do I want presents.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:11 pm

Mamont wrote:Friday night and I'm home... All of my friends are either home or out of town. I'm tired anyway. It's been a long week. Now I'm just browsing while listening to Nyan Cat. Good times!

I hope it's at least metal Nyan Cat.

Oh, and the "more" from the trip to Mary's was that Dad's Ranger has sprung the most interesting leak in the world. There's a crack around the top inlet for the radiator, and it only weeps coolant when the engine is shut off. While it's running, it's totally dry.
Also, like Ranger, like Bug... I think my car has another coolant leak too. I sometimes get a whiff of coolant steam every once in a while, although I can't see anything leaking from anywhere.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:50 am

revising over christmas for exams coming up after it like the lonely twat I am.
Surprisingly, the internet has very few video resources on my topic; one channel on youtube has videos on pretty much everything but no other channel does. I need to correct that with my webcam at some point!

Watched some interviews with the inventors of various DNA technologies. Good to know the history of your field, to give you some perspective.

Seriously considering moving my computer to my bedroom but I doubt i will being the slothful person I am.

I tipped my lampshade so the light doesn't shine on one side of the room so the light is dim enough to read in without the lightbulb burning my retinas out like it used to
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:06 am

The train I'm commuting to work with leaves five minutes earlier since last week. So, I moved my alarm five minutes ahead, and I also changed the alarm tone. Last week and today I had real difficulties waking up. I'm not sure, but I think it's because the alarm. I chose a nice organ melody, which is really not suitable for waking up. I changed it today. I'll see if it helps.

This morning, aside of having trouble waking up, I also got a terrible heartburn. Not to self: Don't eat heavy food right before bed.

Unassumption wrote:I tipped my lampshade so the light doesn't shine on one side of the room so the light is dim enough to read in without the lightbulb burning my retinas out like it used to

I bought mini christmas lights to have dim lights in my bedroom. I put some of them over my keyboard so i can see the keys (keyboard is on a retractable shelf under the desk).
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:31 am

Tired. 5:30 morinng tomorrow. Also took a chunk out of my right midldle finger, so typing is hard now.
Wendy_Bebe

Postby Wendy_Bebe » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:52 am

Excited! Pardon my english. I joined the site :D
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:09 am

Apparently you can make any song song christmassy if you add sleigh bells in the background. Even songs that are the exact opposite of Christmas songs. Like I Love It by Icona Pop or Somebody I Used to Know by Gotye. :|

Interesting to see my folks still have some Christmas decorations since as long as I can remember.

BRMBug wrote:
Mamont wrote:Friday night and I'm home... All of my friends are either home or out of town. I'm tired anyway. It's been a long week. Now I'm just browsing while listening to Nyan Cat. Good times!

I hope it's at least metal Nyan Cat.

Metal and orchestra versions too. But the original is still number one.

MRMBug wrote:Also took a chunk out of my right midldle finger, so typing is hard now.

How did you do that?
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:32 pm

We have these Western Digital displays at work with dummy hard drives glued down to lazy-susans. I like to give them a spin when I walk by them, and I missed the other day, and jammed my finger into the sharp edge of the thing. It didn't really hurt much but I started to feel something wet on my hand. I looked down and there was blood all over my hand.

Return to “Hot Topics”