What's up?

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

Re: What's up?

Postby nall » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:38 am

Saw this on Twitter (we retweeted it). I was amused:

Guess I need to find some new TV shows to binge, er, watch in the lull between seasons.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:39 am

Well, a new season of The Venture Bros. starts in Feb. There's always that to look forward to.

What's up? Oh nothing. Worked on a day I'm usually off. Worked late too. Supposed to get off at 10:30, didn't get out until 12:00.
Right now I'm listening to inherited 45's on an Ion Duo Deck I got on clearance, and watching Josh Robert Thompson's periscopes in between.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:26 pm

Man, Adult Swim shows are getting to have some long-ass time between new episodes. I start assuming shows have been canceled and then boom; a new season.

I'm getting ready to move down to my state's capital city. Hopefully in the next couple days. I'll be there looking at places as soon as this next snowstorm is clear.
:santa:

You read it! You can't unread it!
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:22 am

I just saw the new Quentin Tarantino movie The Hateful Eight and I loved it. All the good violence is in the last hour or last three chapters. Still the movie draws you in with great character back stories and development. The post American civil war timeframe is both intestesting and fresh with the Vulgar comedy the movie puts out. It really puts a twist on the timeframe in your mind.
What seems to be the officer problem?
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:08 am

Sorry to post twice but today I saw Blade Runner at the theaters and it was fun. I had seen parts before but never felt like watching the whole thing on TV. I think the turnoff was that it really only has like 7 people die and seemed like a small problem overall unlike many other Sci-Fi movies that deal with the whole world about to be destroyed. Still the movie has some memorable scenes like that chick who didn't know she was a replicant that runs away with the blade runner. Her smoking was driving me crazy as I just quit smoking. Harrison Ford was so young in that I couldn't even recognize him too.

It was nice to be able to connect scenes to what South Park did in the last few episodes of season 19. I picked out the turtle on its back which was like the Russian bar scene and the intro has a replicant being questioned and that seemed to be from South Park and also the smoking Replicant scene of her being questioned was done by South Park with Jimmy saying "does she know". Still some people had pointed this all out but it was great to be able to watch the movie and see it for myself.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:01 pm

JamesPup wrote:I just saw the new Quentin Tarantino movie The Hateful Eight and I loved it. All the good violence is in the last hour or last three chapters. Still the movie draws you in with great character back stories and development. The post American civil war timeframe is both intestesting and fresh with the Vulgar comedy the movie puts out. It really puts a twist on the timeframe in your mind.
I loved it as well. Tarantino spent a good amount of time fleshing out back stories for all the important characters so that as everything goes down in the 3rd act, the viewer is on board with what happens. The comedy in the violence was unexpected. Normally, it's rare that you find yourself laughing out loud when someone gets shot, but in the Hateful Eight, it happens multiple times.

The Revenant was a lot more than I expected; an elaborate revenge story. Grand shots of wintry mountains and landscapes were cool. I was struck by the lack of dialogue for long stretches and that Leo was doing some of his own stunts; including climbing in and out of icy rivers. There's no CGI visible breathes like in Titanic. And if you like resurrection metaphors, this movie is full of them. One scene in particular could not be more obvious as a 'rebirth' for the protagonist. It's a funny scene if you like The Empire Strikes Back. ;)

You read it! You can't unread it!
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:25 am

Sorry I was away for so long folks.
So, what's up? A literal shitstorm. An unproperly sealed pipe and a cloged sewer wreacked havoc in our kitchen. Yup! Raw sewer flooded the kitchen two nights ago. I wasn't there but my roomate was. Luckily a quick response from sanitation crew saved the day. I'll spare you the pics. They're quite gross. :P Anyway yesterday we spent the day cleaning and disinfecting everything. It was a long day

Also, I've been on two dates with a guy and I really liked him, so last night I wanted to set up another date when he told me he's in a relationship. The f*ck?! He said he was sorry if he sent me any wrong signals that he wanted to me anymore than a friend. Yeah, sending me all those sex texts could be considered as a wrong signal. He said he just wanted a bit of sex talk. assh*le totally led me on! Gah!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:00 am

Casual sex, heh.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:02 pm

Mamont that sewage problem sounds like the worst thing ever. I don’t get why you and your roommate have to do any of the cleaning. You guys are renting and so all repairs at the place should be paid by the landlord. Also cleaning up after a disaster like this which was in no way your fault seems unfair to you the renter. I would have refused to clean it up and tried to move out of there. I think you should contact your landlord and tell them to pay someone to do a professional job of cleaning the place. Human waste is deadly and so you could die from it. Please talk to your landlord and have them hire some cleaners to finalize the cleanup.

I wonder what happened with that date? Sounds like he was wanting to cheat only or something. That must suck how he chose the other person over you. Sorry about all of that. I don’t think I will ever get a date again. I’m real fat and out of shape so my date would have to be also. First I will need a job which I may need a few more years till I can get one. I guess my hand is my girlfriend rate now if needs be.
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:58 am

JamesPup wrote:Mamont that sewage problem sounds like the worst thing ever. I don’t get why you and your roommate have to do any of the cleaning. You guys are renting and so all repairs at the place should be paid by the landlord. Also cleaning up after a disaster like this which was in no way your fault seems unfair to you the renter. I would have refused to clean it up and tried to move out of there. I think you should contact your landlord and tell them to pay someone to do a professional job of cleaning the place. Human waste is deadly and so you could die from it. Please talk to your landlord and have them hire some cleaners to finalize the cleanup.
Well, the sanitation crew did a pretty good job in cleaning the mess. But just to be on the safe side, we cleaned and sanitized everything one more time. As you said, human waste is deadly.
Plus, we will talk to our landlord about cutting the rent price, since it was his negligence that led to this.
JamesPup wrote:I wonder what happened with that date? Sounds like he was wanting to cheat only or something. That must suck how he chose the other person over you. Sorry about all of that.
Thanks. He said he wasn't sure if he was gonna stay in the relationship. He should have waited until he was sure about it before going out with me.
JamesPup wrote:I don’t think I will ever get a date again. I’m real fat and out of shape so my date would have to be also. First I will need a job which I may need a few more years till I can get one. I guess my hand is my girlfriend rate now if needs be.
That suck. Sorry to hear that.
JVM

Postby JVM » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:08 am

My account's in working order again! :D
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:31 pm

I'm still having [adult swim] message boards withdrawal. It's been down for a week and a half. They're switching website providers and they haven't gotten all the kinks out yet. So, uh, hi.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:55 pm

JamesPup wrote:I just saw the new Quentin Tarantino movie The Hateful Eight and I loved it. All the good violence is in the last hour or last three chapters. Still the movie draws you in with great character back stories and development. The post American civil war timeframe is both intestesting and fresh with the Vulgar comedy the movie puts out. It really puts a twist on the timeframe in your mind.
Black dingus! haha
jfast94

Postby jfast94 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:25 pm

I was wondering about that movie. I'll have to check it out. Honestly Inglorious Basterds and Django were solid.
jfast94

Postby jfast94 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:26 pm

Looking forward to The Characters on Netflix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juD6yx-vpWc

Return to “Hot Topics”